THP Live Coverage - TaylorMade SLDR S Metalwoods & SLDR Irons Launch

Q: When will they be available on club fitting carts?

A: As soon as they launch to the public. We are ready for people to try these right away.

I will be sure to pass along the message.

His answer will be canned. "Well, where is he"?

Tell him I am coming for him in two weeks and quit hiding behind having another child, like that's a big deal. :D

azanyba4.jpg

Solid price point for all of that tech.

Jetspeed wasn't going to accomplish what they were looking for. So they moved on to these quickly.

Bigger hybrids and fairways visually from jetspeed. Lighter as well, by about 20 grams total package.

Jetspeed want going to accomplish what they were looking for. So they moved on to these quickly.

That had to hurt to admit.

Q: What will the bag of the future look like?

A: It won't have forged clubs in it. They don't work as well. We will see higher lofts. Who knows, maybe a 20* driver. We will have a different golf ball, one that changes launch conditions. The future will ultimately have higher launch and lower spin then we are even seeing now.
This should make a few people go nuts.

Higher launch and lower spin from Jetspeed

It's about launch conditions, not the number of the sole of the club

Certainly would solve the problem of saying TM's just strengthening lofts and that's why they're so much longer than the rest blah blah blah. The ultimate newspaper to the nose.

Internet golfer OUTRAGE!

Pretty soon they won't make a 3 iron. That'll just be icing on the cake.

Jetspeed wasn't going to accomplish what they were looking for. So they moved on to these quickly.

Hmmmmm...

Isn't that what all these new SLDR Irons and SLDR Fairway woods are going to do??
Higher launch and lower spin from Jetspeed

Any talk of improving lateral forgiveness wrt distance loss? The SLDR was straight for me but not consistent length-wise. Lessons would fix that but that would be too hard.:golf2:

Dean or Morgan. Can you explain briefly what exactly the through slot is. How is it different than the speed slot?

I'm on my phone so I can't really tell from the pictures.

Thanks.

Bigger hybrids and fairways visually from jetspeed. Lighter as well, by about 20 grams total package.

I thought the jetspeed was already lighter than most but 20 grams lighter is alot

Does it surprise you that the usga allows you to do what you are doing with the trampoline effect?

I think we surprised them with what we can do.

Usga focused on speed, they aren't concerned with launch and spin.

Pretty soon they won't make a 3 iron. That'll just be icing on the cake.

but that si there 280 club so they can hit 600 yrd par 5 in 2 after the drive 320 yards

Q: What will the bag of the future look like?

A: It won't have forged clubs in it. They don't work as well. We will see higher lofts. Who knows, maybe a 20* driver. We will have a different golf ball, one that changes launch conditions. The future will ultimately have higher launch and lower spin then we are even seeing now.

I wonder how that will play with people in windy environments where low is the way to go. All that launch may be counterproductive but IMO carry travels.

Shaft options Q and recommendations.

Q: Can you tell us about Shaft options and Recommendations

A: SLDR S - we made a 335 head that we can offer in custom, so you can get aftermarket options in our cores SKU's. Its in both the driver and FW Wood. Softer tipped shafts to get the launch angle up. Less dynamic lofting of the club because of the forward CG.

A little late but very excited about the C-taper 90s being offered

Talking now about how the metal woods crew has to work hand in hand with the irons crew to get the distance gaps perfect

Do they see lower lofted fairway woods going away with the advancement of the high-lofted drivers?

Q: What kind of feedback are you getting from the mini about hitting it off the deck?

A: Feedback has been spectacular. People still say it's scary to hit a wood off the ground, but then they hit it and are impressed with how easy it is. You really get two clubs in one, which people enjoy. Easy off the tee, easy off the ground. Biggest thing we hear is that people are having a lot of fun hitting different shots with this club.

You two are killing this.

Back