Odyssey Putters Thread

except on the internet

Too true. I liked the MXM a LOT and think they are sessy as hell, but give me the WHP insert every day now. I'm a believer and have seen the light.

And this ladies & gentlemen is why Jman is the THP Yoda of putters! I learn so much from you & its really appreciated. Not sure how you store all of that useful information, but it's impressive.

HA! I don't know about all that, but I do have a ton of useless putter stuff up in the ole noggin.

Just goes to show just how personal putters are. There is no right or wrong when it comes to face type.

Just goes to show just how personal putters are. There is no right or wrong when it comes to face type.

No, there's not. But there is always a science behind why it sounds/feels the way it does. :alien:

It's something about that tungsten back weight.

That's what I've noticed. Seems like no matter how long of a stroke, that back-weight makes it so easy to hit the BTD and put a good roll on the ball. Just a great design.

I love the BTD. That they can be had for a song these days only makes them better, IMO.

I'm doing my best to remain agnostic about putters heading into my fitting, but the size & shape of the 1-wide continues to appeal to my eye, and I messed around with a counter-balanced putter last weekend that had me wicked intrigued and has caused me to cast my eye on the Tank Cruiser 1-Wide.

I rolled a handful of Odyssey's tonight. Never have really been a fan of crazy heads, so I stuck to the more typical shapes and finally landed on the trusty Versa #1 wide.

Pretty confident I could game that putter with ease. Really enjoyed it.

I rolled a handful of Odyssey's tonight. Never have really been a fan of crazy heads, so I stuck to the more typical shapes and finally landed on the trusty Versa #1 wide.

Pretty confident I could game that putter with ease. Really enjoyed it.

Thoughts on the MXM?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I rolled Hashtags Cruiser 1 wide this past weekend, and have rolled Freddies #1 Versa wide in the past. Both times I Have thought that it would be a good setup for me. I really need to find one for a good deal and spend some extended time with that shape. Seems to be what I like in a putter, even though typically I do not like a blade. The wideness of it makes it like a small mallet, and this is something that I think I would roll quite well.

My cruiser will be here Thursday. You can use my 1wide if you like. Just say the word

I liked Chad's too much not to get one for myself.

Can't blame you there, looking forward to seeing how you adjust the weights to your liking.

Can't blame you there, looking forward to seeing how you adjust the weights to your liking.

Yeah that will take a few sessions but it'll get dialed in

Yeah that will take a few sessions but it'll get dialed in

What are you thinking about as far as weights go?

I know Chad had his heavy in the head and light in the butt of the grip. Solid setup, for sure.

I know Chad had his heavy in the head and light in the butt of the grip. Solid setup, for sure.

I'll either go 10 or 15g in handle and 385g in the head. The grip will be lighter than the head. I think that is closer to my current gamer.

I'll either go 10 or 15g in handle and 385g in the head. The grip will be lighter than the head. I think that is closer to my current gamer.

I am thinking of going the exact opposite. Lighter head weights and heavier grip weights. I don't know why but it just felt so smooth that way to me.

I am thinking of going the exact opposite. Lighter head weights and heavier grip weights. I don't know why but it just felt so smooth that way to me.
I can see that, I'll mess with it for a minute

Yeah I should get my cruiser #7 this week too, can´t wait to dial that bad boy in.

Thoughts on the MXM?

we can talk about this on a putting green soon, but with how beneficial the Odyssey inserts are, I'm not sure why you'd even bother. I've got a putter (well two actually) that nearly matches the one you're gaming right now. I'll bring it out the next time we roll putters, and I think it'll do a decent job of comparing expectations of an insert vs a milled face.

The last non-insert Odyssey I liked was the black series tour design. I think it had a heck of a lot more to do with the perimeter weighting of the tungsten than it did being a milled face.

My cruiser will be here Thursday. You can use my 1wide if you like. Just say the word

Pretty please with sugar on top have that with you Friday?

I love the sounds of that setup!

Pondering the #7 more and more lately. I'm not hitting the center of the putter face as often as I would like. Would the #7 style provide some added forgiveness?

Pondering the #7 more and more lately. I'm not hitting the center of the putter face as often as I would like. Would the #7 style provide some added forgiveness?

It is a high MOI design (moment of inertia) which aids it the putter not twisting on misses to keep a more consistent line and also the higher inertia typically allows for more distance consistency on misses as well for most golfers who have a tendency to miss across the putter face.

It is a high MOI design (moment of inertia) which aids it the putter not twisting on misses to keep a more consistent line and also the higher inertia typically allows for more distance consistency on misses as well for most golfers who have a tendency to miss across the putter face.

I just put the #7 back into play and love the forgiveness on mishits. I tend to miss it towards the heel, especially on longer putts and dont see as much distance loss as I was seeing with some of my other putters.

Back