Ben Hogan Clubs Coming Back

I will be interested in seeing what they come up with for a full iron set. I thought the SCOR concept was a pretty good one, but a bit hard to mesh in with sets designed entirely differently (particularly at the transition point between the irons and wedges), but they were definitely a quality product.

I had to go do some reading on how the brand has changed hands. I knew Callaway had owned it at one point, but it looks like they sold the Ben Hogan brand to Perry Ellis in early 2012.

I am so excited you can't even imagine! I played Hogan sticks for years and he's by far my favorite golfer of all time. This is awesome news!

Its interesting because he is merely licensing the name from Perry Ellis, who owns it.
But the interesting part is that Apex and Edge are owned by Callaway. Director and Radial I believe were transferred to Perry Ellis.
Based on Terry's design ideas, I have a feeling that you will see something very small and thin, which I know you personally like.

Can't wait to see what this brings! I played and absolutely loved Hogan irons for about 20 years until 5 years ago. If they come out with anything that resembles the Apex Edge Pros, sign me up for a set in 2015!

Very Interesting,,,,my first full set of irons was a set of Hogan's that my dad past down to me, so I have a soft spot for the brand.

it will be interesting to see what Terry and Eidolon comes up with.

Looking forward to seeing how these look, coming from the Eidolon and SCOR guys.

I'll be very interested in seeing what they come out with. I love my SCOR wedges. If the new Hogan irons are anywhere near as good, they'll be on my must try list in 2015.

if these tie in with the scor scoring clubs. this will be one deadly (in a good way) set of clubs

Looking forward to seeing how this plays out. I found some press releases from April, which makes it odd that they would ask for the thread to be removed. But, maybe there are issues still to be ironed out with Callaway and Perry Ellis. I haven't found anything in Fort Worth real estate that shows Edilon has an official address yet. I'm more curious as to where their production facility will be be.

I gamed Hogan irons for a long time and still have my Apex blades at the house. I'm interested to see how these will turn out.

Great news! Can't wait to see what they turn out. My Dad owned a set of Hogan Irons and they felt great, as long as you hit them in the sweet spot. I'm sure this new lineup will be a testament to both the legacy of Mr. Hogan as well as the equipment they produce.

Looking forward to seeing how this plays out. I found some press releases from April, which makes it odd that they would ask for the thread to be removed. But, maybe there are issues still to be ironed out with Callaway and Perry Ellis. I haven't found anything in Fort Worth real estate that shows Edilon has an official address yet. I'm more curious as to where their production facility will be be.

Thank you

Last edited:
Interesting! I guess that answers the questions about what Koehler was up to from last week. Perry Ellis already has a deal with Callaway too. It will he interesting to see how this line re-enters a difficult market.

We're committed to Mr. Hogan's principles, and we're working now to dig the finest irons we can right out of the dirt.

Regards,

Brad Zimmer

Last edited:
I played Hogan irons back in the day and love em! It's great to see these coming back....

Happy to answer any other questions for The Hacker's community.

You may not be able to answer this yet, but does Ben Hogan/Eidolon plan to release a full line of clubs under the brand from the outset, or focus on specific areas first (example: start with irons and wedges, then expand to FW's, drivers, hybrids, etc.)?

Would love to see a new version of the Apex irons hit the shelves!

Great news Scor makes some very high quality products i am sure these will be the same

Without the Apex name, that is retained by Callaway now.

When Cally came out with the Apex irons I thought that sounded odd because I know my Hogan irons were apex back several years ago. :bulgy-eyes:

Thanks Brad! I wish you all the very best wishes. Mr Hogan was and is a role model for many of us looking to get better. We may not work on our swing till our hands bleed, but I guarantee many of us have gotten very close.

You may not be able to answer this yet, but does Ben Hogan/Eidolon plan to release a full line of clubs under the brand from the outset, or focus on specific areas first (example: start with irons and wedges, then expand to FW's, drivers, hybrids, etc.)?

I can't give you an idea of what they may look like, but I can tell you that the Ben Hogan company was an iron company at it's core for many years.
Thanks for your question!

Last edited:
I can't give you an idea of what they may look like, but I can tell you that the Ben Hogan company was an iron company at it's core for many years. The best way to get a sample of the the principles that will drive the new offering is to take a look at designs that Mr. Hogan had a hand in, and also look to the SCOR4161 precision scoring clubs, as Terry used the insight he gained from studying those clubs to arrive at that innovation.

Thanks for your question!

Very cool! I sort of figured that Ben Hogan 2.0 would be rooted in irons given the history, and Terry's current designs along with the Hogan irons of old definitely seem to suggest something very much along the lines of an old school blade. This I like very much, and I'm excited to see and hit them when they surface!

Back