The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good stuff.
2 hours of putting could really help someone.

Went to the range yesterday. Hit 100 balls, played 18, then putted for 2 hours. On the range i was working on getting the toe up earlier in my swing to fix my shut clubface. Really tried to focus on one swingthought. I kept one swingthought for half the bucket then, reverted to tinkering. My goal next time is to stick with one swingthought the whole time.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

What was the swing thought you were using?

I was at the course yesterday only working on short game. It was actually pretty tough to not step onto the range and hit balls.

I worked in the bunker quite a bit and also focused on chipping. I also worked on my putting, and it noticed that my grip was getting a little wonky. Making sure that the putter fits properly in my left hand gave me a much better feel and more confidence looking over the putts. I made several 10-12 footers in a row after the grip change.

The key is to keep working on the short game practice. If I do it twice a week like I expect, good things should come from it.

It's range time/short game time tonight at the Golf Learning Center. After playing terrible last I need to get my clubs dialed in. Looks like the driver is back just need to work on my aim and actually aim for the center of the fairway. Also need to work on some irons after hitting some thin and some on the heal last night. Then it will be onto the short game of chipping/pitching and tons of puttting.

After two grinding range sessions I'm thinking I'm getting back on track with my swing after my iffy round on Sunday.

Monday was irons, irons, irons as I was really trying to work on syncing my legs/hips and my arms. I had an issue during my round on the weekend with pushing my irons left of my target line, and the feeling of my hips getting stuck rather than moving through the shot. Thankfully my instructor who works at the range had a look at my swing. He applauded me on my work on extension with my arms through the shot, but said I needed to really get my weight forward, especially at the finish. The rest of my session focused on that weight transfer.

Yesterday was short game day, and I'm trying to get out of the bad habit of just taking my highest lofted wedge for shots around the green. Practiced a lot of chip and runs with my 52* and even my PW before hitting the bunker. Finished with some putting.

Man you are getting at it Nate, great job!!!! Hows the driver and long clubs looking right now for you?
After two grinding range sessions I'm thinking I'm getting back on track with my swing after my iffy round on Sunday.

Monday was irons, irons, irons as I was really trying to work on syncing my legs/hips and my arms. I had an issue during my round on the weekend with pushing my irons left of my target line, and the feeling of my hips getting stuck rather than moving through the shot. Thankfully my instructor who works at the range had a look at my swing. He applauded me on my work on extension with my arms through the shot, but said I needed to really get my weight forward, especially at the finish. The rest of my session focused on that weight transfer.

Yesterday was short game day, and I'm trying to get out of the bad habit of just taking my highest lofted wedge for shots around the green. Practiced a lot of chip and runs with my 52* and even my PW before hitting the bunker. Finished with some putting.

Wasnt able to get to the range last night. Hitting it tonight for a few hours just putting and chipping.

Wasnt able to get to the range last night. Hitting it tonight for a few hours just putting and chipping.
All this work is paying off Ricky! Keep it up

Man you are getting at it Nate, great job!!!! Hows the driver and long clubs looking right now for you?

Right now I'm seeing my stock fade out of my long clubs, but I'm hitting my hybrids and 3/5W fairly well. A few push fades off of the tee with the driver, but hopefully my work on my hips and weight transfer will help me get through my driver swing more and help me get into the slot. I'm thinking a long club / tee ball session might be in order tomorrow.

Will be stuck at home tonight since it's Erica's no-kids evening. After they get to bed I'm going to keep working with the heavy club and keep the good things going I'm seeing with my irons right now.

Will be stuck at home tonight since it's Erica's no-kids evening. After they get to bed I'm going to keep working with the heavy club and keep the good things going I'm seeing with my irons right now.

I like it Captain.

Back to the range for me for a bucket of ingraining the new moves followed by a short game session.

I like it Captain.

Back to the range for me for a bucket of ingraining the new moves followed by a short game session.

What I really need to do is hit the putting green. I think I may scrap plans for range time tomorrow in favor of that.

What I really need to do is hit the putting green. I think I may scrap plans for range time tomorrow in favor of that.

Putting is the key....that's been shown year after year. Convert more of those 8-14 footers and you do some serious damage on the course.

I've avoided the putting green where I practice as they recently punched/sanded and are letting the grass grow back in so it's a bit rough.....instead I've been rolling putts here at work using the new walk in method/ball position that Pat worked on me with. Starting to become second nature which is great.

Excited to putt on some decent greens this weekend.

Minus the promo stuff at the end what do you guys think of this drill?

[video=youtube;YULuzoQSI-0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YULuzoQSI-0[/video]

Putting is the key....that's been shown year after year. Convert more of those 8-14 footers and you do some serious damage on the course.

I've avoided the putting green where I practice as they recently punched/sanded and are letting the grass grow back in so it's a bit rough.....instead I've been rolling putts here at work using the new walk in method/ball position that Pat worked on me with. Starting to become second nature which is great.

Excited to putt on some decent greens this weekend.

Issues like that here too. With growing season starting greens are crazy inconsistent from course to course and even hole to hole. Speed control is hard to dial in without a somewhat consistent starting place.

Minus the promo stuff at the end what do you guys think of this drill?

[video=youtube;YULuzoQSI-0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YULuzoQSI-0[/video]

Makes sense to me.

I actually did some experiementing last night with the putting motion and lower lofted club with you in mind. Give it a shot. Just stay down in the shot and it'll come right off and start rolling. Same setup he's using there too.

I like it Ricky. A bit of what Stricker and ZJ does in my opinion.

Once you get off plane or stand up, it's very tough to recover and often leads to chunks.

Issues like that here too. With growing season starting greens are crazy inconsistent from course to course and even hole to hole. Speed control is hard to dial in without a somewhat consistent starting place.

Makes sense to me.

I actually did some experiementing last night with the putting motion and lower lofted club with you in mind. Give it a shot. Just stay down in the shot and it'll come right off and start rolling. Same setup he's using there too.

I was looking at some Leadbetter videos also and he suggest using a 7 iron. Going to play around a bit with a few things tonight. Feet close together. Ball just off the front foot. Weight to the right of the ball (for me) and a nice smooth pendulum like motion.

I typically have the ball back off my trailing foot, which should help you descend into it better.

I typically have the ball back off my trailing foot, which should help you descend into it better.

[video=youtube;bL4geyqu-2Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL4geyqu-2Y[/video]

20 minute mini lesson for me tonight. Hoping the issue is a quick fix. Making solid contact now, but pushing everything right.

and some range time tonight for me.

Last 2 weeks have been crazy with stuff going on and bad weather, looking forward to settling back into my routine...may just have to be June with everything going on this month

I honestly don't know if I've ever heard that advice before. Either way, we're sort of splitting hairs in that it's a matter of an inch or so difference.

20 minute mini lesson for me tonight. Hoping the issue is a quick fix. Making solid contact now, but pushing everything right.

and some range time tonight for me.

Last 2 weeks have been crazy with stuff going on and bad weather, looking forward to settling back into my routine...may just have to be June with everything going on this month

Nice 441. He'll get you sorted out for LIITA.

I honestly don't know if I've ever heard that advice before. Either way, we're sort of splitting hairs in that it's a matter of an inch or so difference.

I am willing to try anything at this point. Chutting is a very real option as well. Haha

I am willing to try anything at this point. Chutting is a very real option as well. Haha

Look at what those two have in common though. They're very similar setups, not flipping or tossing their hands at it, they're using their shoulders (basically like a putting motion), coming down into the ball. Just work on it for an hour and it'll start coming to you.

Look at what those two have in common though. They're very similar setups, not flipping or tossing their hands at it, they're using their shoulders (basically like a putting motion), coming down into the ball. Just work on it for an hour and it'll start coming to you.

Its just frustrating because it used to be the best part of my game. Now its the worst. haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back