2014 Love Is In The Air - New THP Event

Stiff arm? Will have to look into those. Never flown with clubs before so I wanna make sure I do it correct.

Buy one and thank us later. $30 is a cheap investment to protect all your clubs.

hopefully Dicks or the local golf shop has them.
Buy one and thank us later. $30 is a cheap investment to protect all your clubs.

Dicks up here has them.

hopefully Dicks or the local golf shop has them.

or unscrew the head in your driver and put it elsewhere.

Ive flown with my clubs probably 12-15 times and no issues so far, and never had a stiff arm.

Yeah seen they got them online so I imagine peoria's store will have them.
Dicks up here has them.

That was the first thing I am going to do. Gotta make sure my baby the 588 Custom is nice and safe. Wanna make sure it makes it to Orlando so MikeyD can hit some bombs with it.

Ive flown with my clubs probably 12-15 times and no issues so far, and never had a stiff arm.

Yeah seen they got them online so I imagine peoria's store will have them.

That was the first thing I am going to do. Gotta make sure my baby the 588 Custom is nice and safe. Wanna make sure it makes it to Orlando so MikeyD can hit some bombs with it.

You might be waiting a long time for bombs, but I promise it will be entertaining

More enertaining than someone wearing a skirt??? Say I have been hitting some great drives 240+ with this guy. Problem is I gotta aim straight now instead of the left fairway. Can't wait to get out on the range with everyone Saturday and see what kind of bombs every one can hit. Hopefully a Callaway BB will be there so I can try one of those out.
You might be waiting a long time for bombs, but I promise it will be entertaining

More enertaining than someone wearing a skirt??? Say I have been hitting some great drives 240+ with this guy. Problem is I gotta aim straight now instead of the left fairway. Can't wait to get out on the range with everyone Saturday and see what kind of bombs every one can hit. Hopefully a Callaway BB will be there so I can try one of those out.

I have the alpha and it will be there.

I have the alpha and it will be there.

Sweet :) man this is going to be awesome down there!!!! I hope everyone is pumped up like I am!!!

Saturday morning range sessions are always fun, whatever is in my bag is fair game for anyone to hit.

With that said I was planning on thinning the herd unless someone wants to hit my extra clubs,

56 Hopkins
Ap2 steelfiber and recoil

Wife and I hope to hit the pitch and putt on Friday at least for a little while. Good practice for both of us I think.

I've been slammed with work and haven't had time to practice but she had had her regular weekly lesson on Monday and then an extra hour yesterday focusing on long putts. She is pretty happy with how it went.

Re: packing clubs, there is a great thread elsewhere on traveling with clubs and it has a ton of great tips. #1 is to always use a stiff arm in the bag or something like it. This will be my first time flying with clubs too.

Edit: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?41982-Travel-Covers-The-Definitive-Thread

Last edited:
Wife and I hope to hit the pitch and putt on Friday at least for a little while. Good practice for both of us I think.

I've been slammed with work and haven't had time to practice but she had had her regular weekly lesson on Monday and then an extra hour yesterday focusing on long putts. She is pretty happy with how it went.

Re: packing clubs, there is a great thread elsewhere on traveling with clubs and it has a ton of great tips. #1 is to always use a stiff arm in the bag or something like it. This will be my first time flying with clubs too.
Ken- This thread is full of great tips; http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...7057-How-to-pack-a-Staff-Bag-with-MikeDean441

Not really, but always fun to read through.

Edit: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?41982-Travel-Covers-The-Definitive-Thread

My translation of this post: "I'm bringing a ringer."

Just need to look at the pics got the War Eagle thread.

I've never used a stiff arm when traveling, but I guarantee my hotels are musing a few towels. :)
I usually just stuff a few towels around the head of my clubs to make sure it's compact and any luggage thrown on top won't hurt my clubs.

That was old swing

New one gets ball in the air at least
Well if you start dropping bombs, let me know because I need a couple of tips. Finally getting it out 210-220 when I hit it on the screws but that's about as far as I can go (unless it's a Big Bertha on a launch monitor)*. Though, doing the math on a 7,000 yard course, using my 7i alone I should be able to get around the course in about 48 shots. Add in two putts per round and I'm shooting an 84. If only math == reality!

*One of these days, when I have a consistent swing I need to go get fit.

Look what just arrived overnight courtesy of TaylorMade golf.

be2y4a5e.jpg

use6epyb.jpg

Oh wow!!!

GG, are you going to be playing with us on Saturday while JB stays behind to get a pedicure?

I dont use one either. Just detach the driver head, put it in the pocket and have never had an issue once.

Look what just arrived overnight courtesy of TaylorMade golf.

be2y4a5e.jpg

use6epyb.jpg

Mward just fainted...If he was awake he would have any way.

Back