What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took my three oldest to the range today for an hour.

Had a great 90 minute range and short game session. Really feeling encouraged after today.

Had a great 90 minute range and short game session. Really feeling encouraged after today.

Atta boy, B-rad. I dont think there is anything more fun than sharpening up the short game a bit out on the range.

THPed while I could during work. Then subbed in the Tues. night league at my home course, which turned into a full time playing because a guy on a different team had to back out due to injury. Now just THPing and watching The Players coverage till bed.

9 holes after work 15 putts, with the MXM.
No 3 putts.

Spent another hour+ at a putting green. Working hard, trying to improve that part of the game.

Range session, hit 2 buckets. First was lob wedge to 7 iron. Last bucket was 6 iron to 3 wood. Cannot hit driver end of the range is 250 can land it there with the 3 wood. All my shots were perfect except for 6 and 5 iron, usally hit them both well. I tries focusing on a spot before the ball and draw a line from that to my target line. It helped quite a bit. Need to keep that up. Was pounding my fairway woods long and straight evefy shot like usall. These r9's are magic for me

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

Hit a bunch of 4 woods against my Optiforce 4W today on a LM. Two things I noticed are that I typically get more distance out of a 4W than 3W and I'm having a hard time finding anything that flat out makes me want to switch from the Optiforce. I'd love to hit a 5deep, but the GG near me doesn't have any. I guess I'll leave well enough alone for now.

Hit a bunch of balls on my backyard range. Pitching wedge is looking great, very consistent but when I switched to 5 iron I was scattering a lot. Need more practice ...

Just another range session.

18 holes and THPed.

Range work and THP'ed

Played 18 with 3 THPers. Installed biocell adaptor on a shaft. Spent about 30 minutes wondering "how did I #! $# this up?" Then found out from j4u that cell adaptors look crooked because of the smart pad technology. Lol learn something new every day

Range work. Short game work. THP'd and dropped of my Bio Cell 7 iron to have re shafted with a KBS tour shaft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Range work. Short game work. THP'd and dropped of my Bio Cell 7 iron to have re shafted with a KBS tour shaft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Way to work teammate!

Thping and 20 minute lesson

I volunteer at my local course and coach the Jr. League. It allows me to play for free all Summer and part of Fall. Pretty sweet deal. It is also fun passing on the love of this great game

Back was still a little sore so I just stayed on the putting green/chipping area. Worked on some things that have been plaguing me and settled on a putter for the near future as 17 putts on 9 is not what I expect.

Cleaned the clubs and packed for the Love is in the Air event happening this weekend...can't wait!!!

Drove the hour to take my last lesson...got there and had crossed-up the instructor who didn't know I was coming. So no lesson today, but on the plus side, I get an extra lesson out of the mix up which I had been considering anyway. Anywho, since I was at a golf course, I spent an hour working on a large bucket of range balls instead.

So in short, I drove an hour each way to hit range balls :act-up:

Drove the hour to take my last lesson...got there and had crossed-up the instructor who didn't know I was coming. So no lesson today, but on the plus side, I get an extra lesson out of the mix up which I had been considering anyway. Anywho, since I was at a golf course, I spent an hour working on a large bucket of range balls instead.

So in short, I drove an hour each way to hit range balls :act-up:

Haha. A free lesson is worth it though

Had a some time before my club orientation so I took my new Cobra ZL Encore 9.5 out for some test swings.

In short, I REALLY like this club.

I hit about 30 balls and I am really impressed with the dispersion, or lack there of, in this case. I hit a couple of my standard push fades, but they weren't nearly as far out as they usually are. Because of the light shaft (55g) coupled with my heavier swing (110-115mph), I fully expected to be launching moonballs, but the flight wasn't that high. It was definitely high, much higher than my 3Deep, but not so high that it looked wrong. The ball just seemed to fly forever. I'm really excited to get this out on the course and compare it side by side with the 3Deep. Good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back