What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
45/51 96 short game struggles and lots of terrible breaks

Real Caddyshack priest game tonight :)

Club singles, first ever matchplay singles.
One down at the first after sending a 3 foot putt for a half 5 foot past and thinking it wasn't going to be my day (again).
Halved the next three so one down thru 4.

Then it started to rain....

Won the next 4 (including a 3 at the 8th, never happened before, my average score on this hole is 6) to go 3 up.
Halved 9 and 10, won 11, 12, 13 to get the match 6 & 5.

I had some very good luck, opponent had some very bad luck but I also hit some good stuff including some ridiculous putts in the 16-20 foot range.

Would liked to have finished the round to get a score but came in due to the rain. Hopefully can take it forward to the next scoring game in a couple of weeks....

Finally got out on my favorite track. The Legacy 18 and Sweetbriar. Still struggling with the direction my irons are wanting to travel. Seem to have lost my draw.
33 putts
5 FIR
9 GIR

Followed a bad round of 87 with a round of 79. Got out and walked today because it was beautiful. Felt really dialed in today. Lipped out a few par putts but over all felt really good.

A really ugly 43 on the back 9 of my home course. I couldn't buy a second shot and the greens are still recovering from being aerated. Bertha showed promise though!

Typos courtesy of Tapatalk, enjoy!

Shot a PB with a 48. Had one penalty (lost ball) and a four putt on the last par three! Argh! Otherwise all two putts with two one putts. Played within myself today. 3/7 FIR and had another birdie (second round in a row with on). Game is coming along. I am confident with my wedges. Used the 56 and 60 three times today to get me on the green. Two of those resulted in my one putts.

Shot a PB with a 48. Had one penalty (lost ball) and a four putt on the last par three! Argh! Otherwise all two putts with two one putts. Played within myself today. 3/7 FIR and had another birdie (second round in a row with on). Game is coming along. I am confident with my wedges. Used the 56 and 60 three times today to get me on the green. Two of those resulted in my one putts.

Nice momentum

Nice momentum

Thanks. Was a horrible day so I just decided to play smart, relax, and enjoy my time out there. A couple silly mistakes and mishits and I wasn't getting many favorable rolls on my drives, but I punched out instead of taking the hero shot and made the next shot count. Had one topped ball, so I really could have been three or four shots lower ... that will come with time. I am just about over the hump ... but this course played at 2888 from the whites, so it's short. OCN will be a good challenge for me in two days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

43. Missed some fairways (drove through one). Power lipped 3 par putts. Hit 2 greens in reg.

I was going to just practice today. But, it was so nice and the course looked so inviting that I decided to play. I ended up in a little friendly match play game with three other members that are good friends. The match went all the way to the last hole and ended all square. It was a lot of fun. I shot 41, 39 = 80. Two doubles on the front really hurt. 12/14 FW, 8 GIR, 32 putts. Nice little tune up though for this weekend's first club major, our Spring Member/Member. I feel good about it. We're in the tough first flight with all the best golfers. But, it will be good preparation for a little affair coming up in July when I'll be teeing it up with 39 other really good golfers.

I was going to just practice today. But, it was so nice and the course looked so inviting that I decided to play. I ended up in a little friendly match play game with three other members that are good friends. The match went all the way to the last hole and ended all square. It was a lot of fun. I shot 41, 39 = 80. Two doubles on the front really hurt. 12/14 FW, 8 GIR, 32 putts. Nice little tune up though for this weekend's first club major, our Spring Member/Member. I feel good about it. We're in the tough first flight with all the best golfers. But, it will be good preparation for a little affair coming up in July when I'll be teeing it up with 39 other really good golfers.

Go get em Ken ?⛳

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The member/member will be cool to read about. You have been steady out there lately too! #doworkdotcom

First really nice day today, played with a buddy at his club and we were 2 of 4 people on the course. Got around for an 87, in about 2.5 hours, putted well and was ten strokes better than my last round at that course.

I didn't fare as well in the wind as Canadan did. Shot 41-41/82 with 1 birdie, 3 bogeys and 4 doubles. These doubles are killing me. I played well other than those four holes. Had about 7 or 8 makeable birdie putts but only one fell. Weather was really crappy. Super windy, really cold, and otherwise a miserable day lol. On the plus side, I really, really like the Cobra ZL Encore I picked up. So hard to miss with it. Only hit 6/14 fairways but 3 or 4 of the misses were just feet off.

Frustrating, but there was some good golf in there.

Shot a 95, 50/45 at Clear Creek. On the back 9, was +4 through 7 then put up an 8. Overall working my was to sub 90.

48 in my golf league tonight with 2 penalties and 20 putts. Everything just felt off tonight, but I did find 5 of 7 fairways (one hook, and one 3 wood driven through a dogleg).

48 in my golf league tonight with 2 penalties and 20 putts. Everything just felt off tonight, but I did find 5 of 7 fairways (one hook, and one 3 wood driven through a dogleg).

Where did you get the penalties tonight?

Where did you get the penalties tonight?
Hooked 3 wood on 4; then after driving 3 wood from the 6th tee dead straight over the mounds and down the hill nearly onto the 3rd green, I hit a 9 iron back up over the hill, but nobody saw it and couldn't find it in the fairway. I hit all of my iron shots long. Off the back of the green long consistently. 9 iron from 160 long......

I hit a 38-41, 79 today. So happy to shoot in the 70's again, feels like it has been a long time. Also had 3 birdies which I haven't been able to hit lately, but I did have 1 double which I wasn't happy with, but other than that It was a fun game with mates. I also ended up -2 on the par 5's with 2 birdies and 3 pars which I was stoked about.

I hit a 38-41, 79 today. So happy to shoot in the 70's again, feels like it has been a long time. Also had 3 birdies which I haven't been able to hit lately, but I did have 1 double which I wasn't happy with, but other than that It was a fun game with mates. I also ended up -2 on the par 5's with 2 birdies and 3 pars which I was stoked about.

Good playing!!!

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Shot a PB on Wed 48 on 9. Ball striking was great for me, unfortunately my putter was not cooperating and I had 6 3putts for a total of 24 putts.

I've been playing a lot more recently, about 3 times a week (9 holes after work about 2 twice/week, and one full round on weekend); yesterday I had a friend in town and we went and played 18; shot my PB 77. I have had some solid rounds lately, hitting a lot of fairways, just missing greens left of right, which has left me in tough spots for up and down. Yesterday was a totally different story though - I was seeing shot shapes, and eliminated the big goof ups, and took advantage of the par 5's (birdied two of the par 5's).

Awesome 77 GuzMan ^, had an very good 92 this morning, I say that because I just blew up a few holes, a quad and 3 triples, without those 4 holes im right in or better than my usual so overall pretty happy. On to the next!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back