The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had an all around bad day today. First, I got up and eagerly jumped on THP only to find out I didn't make it onto either Finley's or Sabella's team for the Gauntlet. That was depressing enough. Then, I get a call from my dermatologist saying that a biopsy done on Monday came back as another melanoma. Surgery will be Monday, and I'll be on the shelf for a few weeks. AARGH! I don't have time for that! My schedule is full from now until late July with lessons, practice, THP events, and tournaments. My game is just getting really good and I have to lay off for awhile. I could just spit!

Thanks for letting me rant. This too shall pass.

That is a rough day Ken but hopefully they get all these spots in time for you buddy.

Not a rant, more of a complaint. Best day of 2014 weather wise today. Between work, the state of my yard, and the forecast I am going to spend zero of it on the golf course. Boo. Hiss.

Ken. Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you'll be back on the course in no time.

Boats. Another $500 to $700 to get it wet!

They are money pits.

They generally are, I reaally shouldn't complain. 15 years and this is the first real money I've had to put in, other than regular maint. Steering cables are locked up and this model has to pull the motor to replace.

They are money pits.
While it may not be a boat, I have had multiple jet skis since moving down here, I spent more time having them worked on than actually riding them.

Glad to have them gone.

Ken sorry about the skin cancer buddy. You know what is important in life and that means taking care of your body first. Get that stuff behind you as it's the high priority on your totem pole :thumb:

Good luck with everything Ken. You will be in our prayers and hope you are on the mend and back out there grinding shortly

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

I think lightning may have struck one of our towers. Ugh.

~Don't practice til you get it right, Practice til you can't get it wrong~

Hammer, meet finger. You'd think I'd be used to it by now but it never hurts any less.

This is related to another thread, but I hate to revive that thread again since it's just me complaining.

The high school golf coach makes maybe 25% of the practices (so I'm told by one of the kids, who I play golf with regularly). Yesterday, she not only sent the kids out for practice during men's league (a bunch of kids walking vs a bunch of adults on carts, lots of fun), but she also could not make it to practice because she had to get her nails done.

HAD TO GET HER NAILS DONE!!!!!!

~Rock

This is related to another thread, but I hate to revive that thread again since it's just me complaining.

The high school golf coach makes maybe 25% of the practices (so I'm told by one of the kids, who I play golf with regularly). Yesterday, she not only sent the kids out for practice during men's league (a bunch of kids walking vs a bunch of adults on carts, lots of fun), but she also could not make it to practice because she had to get her nails done.

HAD TO GET HER NAILS DONE!!!!!!

~Rock

Oh My!!

Wow rock...i don't even know what to say to that

Tap Tap Taparoo

Trying to do laundry, so I can have clean clothes for a trip leaving tomorrow morning.

Think my washing machine will function properly? Nooooooooooooppppppppppeeeeeeee.

Tired of putting money into repairing this piece of junk. Absolutely hemmoraging cash right now. Might as well add a freeking washer to the pile as well.

People at the range who hit one ball and chat for 5 minutes. Then pop up the driver and need to scream that it went 300yds while wearing flip flops. Constantly walk behind you in your line of sight because they know some dude two spots over.

And that is the Thursday night crowd at my driving range.:mad:

It irritates me to see cigarette butts on the golf course. It's not a effing ashtray....

it irritates me that American Airlines cancels flights 16 hours in advance, then has zero options to move you to another airline who has availability at the same time.

Ugh. My wife's parents live a couple miles away, so my mother in law was kind enough to switch cars with my wife and take hers to the dealership for an oil change while my wife went to work. She was able to drop it off and catch a ride home with my sister in law. My in-laws are the kind of people that do whatever the dealership says, so next thing you know, my mother in law swallows the whole "You need new tires and the 110,000 mile service". I just found out my wife's oil change cost $1300.00. I guess she told my wife, who will do whatever my mother in law thinks is right. For a car we were planning on trading in soon. I love my in-laws. They are incredible people, but damn.

That's rough Erky, it's always hard because you want to be mad, but just can't.

Ugh. My wife's parents live a couple miles away, so my mother in law was kind enough to switch cars with my wife and take hers to the dealership for an oil change while my wife went to work. She was able to drop it off and catch a ride home with my sister in law. My in-laws are the kind of people that do whatever the dealership says, so next thing you know, my mother in law swallows the whole "You need new tires and the 110,000 mile service". I just found out my wife's oil change cost $1300.00. I guess she told my wife, who will do whatever my mother in law thinks is right. For a car we were planning on trading in soon. I love my in-laws. They are incredible people, but damn.

In-laws or not, I'd blow a gasket. That's rough man.

That's rough Erky, it's always hard because you want to be mad, but just can't.

Correct. I can't be mad at them, especially when she presented it as wanting to make sure my wife wasn't driving every day in an unsafe car, but still...

Parents who give up on their children because they are special needs...and they don't want to sacrifice their own time to be there for them. I hate dealing with this scumbag woman's selfishness preventing me from teaching her child. He'll just regress when he gets older. Pisses. Me. Off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back