Paladin

Otter be golfing
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
OK, so since I'm in the market for a new set of clubs, and I'm trying to decide what grips to go with. Problem is, the first place I'll be using these clubs is kinda important to me, and it's also a radically different climate to what I'm used to. I currently live in the high desert. Humidity doesn't exist. Sweat doesn't stay on you. I've left the course as dry as when I stepped on it.

That being said, I'm trying to determine what kind of grip will work in high humidity environs, and it's something I can't test out here. I like the Golf Pride NDMC, but they lay waste to my hands. I like the Lamkin REL Ace 3Gen, but how does it hold up in high humidity? Help me, SEC golfers. You're my only hope!

OK, so since I'm in the market for a new set of clubs, and I'm trying to decide what grips to go with. Problem is, the first place I'll be using these clubs is kinda important to me, and it's also a radically different climate to what I'm used to. I currently live in the high desert. Humidity doesn't exist. Sweat doesn't stay on you. I've left the course as dry as when I stepped on it.

That being said, I'm trying to determine what kind of grip will work in high humidity environs, and it's something I can't test out here. I like the Golf Pride NDMC, but they lay waste to my hands. I like the Lamkin REL Ace 3Gen, but how does it hold up in high humidity? Help me, SEC golfers. You're my only hope!

I live close to MB and deal with humidity all the time. I ended up putting GP Niions on my current clubs and have not had any issues.

I use the NDMC last year at the MC, and loved them. They dont tear my hands up like other people, so that never bothered me.

A lot of guys last year used the Lamkin 3Gens and loved them as well, enough tack to not make the moisture and humidity a real issue.

Currently, I am gaming the 3Gens, and the provide just what I need, and more than likely they will be my choice for the MC this year.

With high humidity id look into the lamkin utx grips.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I have played NDMC for several years with no issues in the high heat / high humidity conditions of south GA. I am going to purchase and try a Lamkin utx on a back-up driver next week based on the positive moisture management reviews I have read on here.

I live in Miami (humidity capital of the world) and play Amp Cell irons with stock Lamkin REL 3GEN 360. I liked them so much I put the Lamkin REL Ace 3Gen om my driver and fairway woods.

Depends on what texture you like. ACE will work if you like something a little less aggressive. If not, utx or ndmc.

Have always liked Pure brand for play in Texas--the tour wrap style is a texture I like.

Ace 3gens stay tacky very well. Love the look of NDMC whiteouts but they tear my hands up as well

REL Ace 3 gen

I went with NDMC whiteouts the first year (they aren't quite as harsh on the hands as regular NDMC's) and Lamkin 3Gens last year and didn't have humidity issues either year and of course I play in Southeast Texas..plenty of humidity here too.

With high humidity id look into the lamkin utx grips.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I have the NDMC on my irons (they have been for 4 years) and have done me well in all kinds of conditions. I just regrouped my 5W with a Lamkin UTX, seems like it could be another good option, but seems thinner to me than the NDMCs.

I haven't played them, but I liked the Z-cords when gripped them in goldsmith.

I went with NDMC whiteouts the first year (they aren't quite as harsh on the hands as regular NDMC's) and Lamkin 3Gens last year and didn't have humidity issues either year and of course I play in Southeast Texas..plenty of humidity here too.
The more I think about it, the more the Lamkins appeal to me. If it was just a matter of playing 1 round, I'd probably go with the NDMC's, but the sheer volume of golf swings to be made at #THPMC really has me leaning to a grip that's a little easier on my mitts. I like a little less surface texture than the NDMC, and hearing that they hold their own in humid conditions is some great news. That they can also be had for a great price will allow me to regrip my current clubs and get used to feel/experiment with a different number of wraps and such.

I like the VDR & NDMC both good grips have a little more feel with the NDMC but they wear quicker

The more I think about it, the more the Lamkins appeal to me. If it was just a matter of playing 1 round, I'd probably go with the NDMC's, but the sheer volume of golf swings to be made at #THPMC really has me leaning to a grip that's a little easier on my mitts. I like a little less surface texture than the NDMC, and hearing that they hold their own in humid conditions is some great news. That they can also be had for a great price will allow me to regrip my current clubs and get used to feel/experiment with a different number of wraps and such.

I am still playing wedges with the same Lamkin 3Gen grips on them from last year and they still feel tacky

Like everything in golf, grips are very subjective. I've used the old Golf Pride green Victory grips for close to 30 years (and I still have a good supply) but I stayed with the standard Callaway grips on all my Callaway clubs and I'm liking them. Go with what fits your eye and what feels right to you.

Grip choice is a 100% personal decision. That being said, I have UTx grips on my clubs and really like them for their tackiness and moisture management on humid days and in light rain (don't know what they are like in heavy rain as I do not go out and play under those conditions). I have tried NDMC and they are similar to the UTx except that they feel like holding onto a piece of sandpaper to me.

I have Golf Pride NDMC Whiteouts on one of my sets of irons, and play them without a glove with no issues. I think they are great for humid conditions. I also have a box of Pure Pros just waiting to go on something, but I'm not sure how they'd work when it's wet.....
8B57A718-701C-429E-94C3-C8B4470EBBA0_zpsuna9kia2.jpg

My grip of choice is the Golf Pride Tour Wrap mid size. Easy on my hands and just feels right :thumb:

My grip of choice is the Golf Pride Tour Wrap mid size. Easy on my hands and just feels right :thumb:

Great grip but absolutely horrendous in wet or high humidity like he mentioned. I do love the feel of them tho!

Playing here in north alabama I'm looking at crossline cord zgrip or NDMC

I just haven't had luck with the 3Gen's I tried. Steve - I am probably going to go NDMC. They would tear up a bare top hand, but wearing a glove, I haven't had any blister issues with them in the past. I have Niions on my clubs right now, and think they perform pretty well while keeping a slightly softer feel than the NDMC, but it doesn't look like Callaway offers the Niions.

Lamkin x10s on my irons, GP multi black mids on my driver through hybrids and stock carbite grips on my wedges. Super stroke 3.0 on the scotty fastback

iLines, UTx's, NDMC's, and Niion's are my 4 go to's. All very different, but all 4 have worked REALLY well for me in high humidity. Lately though, softer in the Niion and iLine has been winning out for me, my hands are getting weak I suppose. Hahahahaha

I just haven't had luck with the 3Gen's I tried. Steve - I am probably going to go NDMC. They would tear up a bare top hand, but wearing a glove, I haven't had any blister issues with them in the past. I have Niions on my clubs right now, and think they perform pretty well while keeping a slightly softer feel than the NDMC, but it doesn't look like Callaway offers the Niions.
The niion feels a little too squishy to me. I end up with too much grip pressure.

Back