TaylorMade Golf - Welcome to the 2014 Morgan Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if it has been said, but do you guys think the adams lines will be available to you?

No.
They are sponsored by TaylorMade Golf, and while the parent company owns both brands, they are separate entities.

I may have missed it but the TP line isn't being considered for MC players?

While we have not received our menu of options yet, I know the TP line would not be a choice for my bag unless it was the only option.

The MC model will likely be in my bag barring a praise Jesus moment with the SLDR iron and the right shaft.

The MC model will likely be in my bag barring a praise Jesus moment with the SLDR iron and the right shaft.

I'm in the same boat. Until official, SpeedBlades will likely be in the bag.

what happened to this guy? hehe
So if you were thinking SpeedBlades a couple of weeks ago, and now are thinking MC's(or maybe SLDR pending shaft), why not try the CB iron?

what happened to this guy? hehe
So if you were thinking SpeedBlades a couple of weeks ago, and now are thinking MC's(or maybe SLDR pending shaft), why not try the CB iron?

After this weekend I realized my iron play is stronger than I give myself credit for and the MC's treat me right. The SpeedBlades would be a great option but I am comfortable with my MC's so after talking with mward this weekend I realized I should probably stick with that works.

And maybe I am a weirdo, but I don't have the misses with the SLDR that seem to be so prevalent. I know every swing is different, but my misses with the SLDR are no different then the misses with my Alpha.

And maybe I am a weirdo, but I don't have the misses with the SLDR that seem to be so prevalent. I know every swing is different, but my misses with the SLDR are no different then the misses with my Alpha.

You are a weirdo but thats got nothing to do with golf. For me, alot of what TM is putting out doesnt work. The SpeedBlades have been awesome for me. The CB's not so much. The SLDR would not fit me at all. But there is a market out there for this stuff. People do in fact hit it well.

You were the outlier as you crushed that thing.

You find the middle of the face consistently dude, on the button the SLDR is stupid long, but if you are someone like me with heel side miss, its remarkably more penalizing than every 2014 driver I have tried this year.

You find the middle of the face consistently dude, on the button the SLDR is stupid long, but if you are someone like me with heel side miss, its remarkably more penalizing than every 2014 driver I have tried this year.

Thats odd to me because my miss is heel side as well. But then again thats the great thing about golf, no two swings are like.

You were the outlier as you crushed that thing.

I didn't have any issues with it either. 4 swings, same numbers I've seen with my alpha. The bad shot was purposefully addressed off the toe. Carry went from 255 to 232 but with 1400 spin. Wasn't awful, and probably would have gotten some actual roll since it had like no spin on it

I didn't have any issues with it either. 4 swings, same numbers I've seen with my alpha. The bad shot was purposefully addressed off the toe. Carry went from 255 to 232 but with 1400 spin. Wasn't awful, and probably would have gotten some actual roll since it had like no spin on it

Sounds like a viable option or you then.

Thats odd to me because my miss is heel side as well. But then again thats the great thing about golf, no two swings are like.

Think of it a lot like the muscle back idea. Based on where weight is placed it could be viewed similarly. If you hit MBs well, where all the weight is directly behind the ball, no issues. If you dont do that, the forgiveness vanishes rather quickly for a lot of golfers.

You have the numbers inverted. It went from 255 to 223.

You have the numbers inverted. It went from 255 to 223.

Oh whoops, thought it was in the 230's. Basically it's about the same for me as a weak heel cut 3w. I guess the bottom line there is don't address and then succeed in hitting it off the toe with such a knuckleball low spin head.

I do wonder though what happens with that number if you either have the glued 14 head or adjustable cranked up to max loft? You would think it would have to go up and maybe make it more feasible for those who are a little erratic in contact. 1400 spin is just falling out of the sky unless you put up dumb ball speed numbers.

Oh whoops, thought it was in the 230's. Basically it's about the same for me as a weak heel cut 3w. I guess the bottom line there is don't address and then succeed in hitting it off the toe with such a knuckleball low spin head.

I do wonder though what happens with that number if you either have the glued 14 head or adjustable cranked up to max loft? You would think it would have to go up and maybe make it more feasible for those who are a little erratic in contact. 1400 spin is just falling out of the sky unless you put up dumb ball speed numbers.

Assuming it gets into the sky.

That too.

I can't speak for your swing since I really don't see you mishit it that poorly that often, but I know my atrociously bad swings that hit near off the clubface heel or toe usually don't get more than 20ft off the ground and then screaming whichever way they feel like. I don't think anything is going to save that though at any loft.

That too.

I can't speak for your swing since I really don't see you mishit it that poorly that often, but I know my atrociously bad swings that hit near off the clubface heel or toe usually don't get more than 20ft off the ground and then screaming whichever way they feel like. I don't think anything is going to save that though at any loft.

I know I hit some off the low heel and the ball went nowhere. Not normally my miss, but I was missing there last week and it was brutal.

I know I hit some off the low heel and the ball went nowhere. Not normally my miss, but I was missing there last week and it was brutal.

I had a couple poor shots over the weekend with all my clubs. It happens.

The TM wedges though.. Outstanding on full shots. Not used to having spin around the greens though. that part I'm kinda confused about.

While we have not received our menu of options yet, I know the TP line would not be a choice for my bag unless it was the only option.

We have not received info what we can go with, but I think, and definitely hope that the Tour Preferred irons would be an option. TP drivers or woods, no matter, same head, depends on the shaft choices we will have.

Iron wise? I 1000% don't blame you.

I would still go TP MB if they would be available as lefties.

We have not received info what we can go with, but I think, and definitely hope that the Tour Preferred irons would be an option. TP drivers or woods, no matter, same head, depends on the shaft choices we will have.

I would imagine the TP irons will be available.

Iron wise? I 1000% don't blame you.

Yup, they just aren't in the cards for me my friend. It will be SLDR or SpeedBlades.

I've assumed I would end up with SpeedBlades since day 1. I will definitely check out the SLDR's when I get a chance, but judging from the pictures they look a little too player-like for a mid capper like me.

I've assumed I would end up with SpeedBlades since day 1. I will definitely check out the SLDR's when I get a chance, but judging from the pictures they look a little too player-like for a mid capper like me.

You are mistaken. The SLDR irons do not have the slim profile that's the TP irons have. Very similar in size to the SpeedBlades, but a chrome finish that provides a more slimming appearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back