The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do I always get a hand injury going into the week of an upcoming golf weekend? 72 holes planned Fri and Sat and I go and impale my finger while working in the yard this weekend. I also need to steer clear of knives this week. Really cut myself good not too long ago a couple of days before a Myrtle trip.

Hole in one with no witness. hehehe

Remember the hole of the day video a few years back where Duey was playing by himself and started recording from the tee box cause he thought his shot just went in. And it did! LOL.

Buddy just sent me a text asking me if I was free to golf. Swamped at work. Bummer for me.

Do not, I repeat DO NOT EVER get cell phone insurance through Radio Shack!! I broke my phone during #TheKing (dropped and screen went to black) and after dealing with the WORST customer service experience at a retail store (Thanks again Sparks, JJMorris, and CaptainCaution for you patience) I was without a phone for nearly a week with no loaner phone as I had to ship it out to their repair facility (plus pay a $125 deductible), have it inspected and fix/replaced and shipped back out to me.

I got my phone back last week and they apparently swapped it out without transferring any of my data over (and I couldn't back it up before I sent it out because of the screen) to another phone of the same model with a newer version of the Android software. I lost a significant amount of my contacts, my entire calendar because I was using the samsung calendar and not the google one, and all of my apps had t be re-downloaded.

After re populating most of my calendar, and some of my contacts I realized that people were having a REALLY hard time hearing me when I spoke into the phone unless I held it as if I was going to eat it like a sandwich (might not be a bad idea...). I called today to figure out what's up and they have to send me out a box to send it in again for another 3-5 business days!!! (luckily They don't offer loaner phones, and halfway through speaking to the woman she said "Oh wait, this plan isn't in your name (I'm on a family share plan) I need verbal authorization from the account holder in order to continue processing this. It seems like we didn't do that last time which is in violation of our procedures. Please have that person contact us to continue...oh and I can't save the information you just gave me because I'm not authorized to speak to you.

I'm ready to physically throw this phone back to the repair shop in PA from RI!

---Sorry, rant over!

Say what you want USPS>UPS, I had deliveries from each today. The USPS carrier rang the bell when she left a package at the door, even though it did not require a signature, so I would know the package was here. Later today I was anxiously waiting for a package from UPS in a 2:30-6:30 window that required a signature. I left to go to the bank and my wife was here to sign if the package arrived during the 15 minute interval. Needless to say the UPS guy came and evidently just tapped on the door instead of ringing the bell. I got home within 15 minutes to find an "unavailable for delivery" notice and a not saying they will be back tomorrow. What would have been so hard about him just ringing the bell, it would have saved time over filling out the notice.

Say what you want USPS>UPS, I had deliveries from each today. The USPS carrier rang the bell when she left a package at the door, even though it did not require a signature, so I would know the package was here. Later today I was anxiously waiting for a package from UPS in a 2:30-6:30 window that required a signature. I left to go to the bank and my wife was here to sign if the package arrived during the 15 minute interval. Needless to say the UPS guy came and evidently just tapped on the door instead of ringing the bell. I got home within 15 minutes to find an "unavailable for delivery" notice and a not saying they will be back tomorrow. What would have been so hard about him just ringing the bell, it would have saved time over filling out the notice.

That sucks buddy! :angry: The guy on our route just left my box of Altitude irons behind the central air unit the other day. Being out in the country has it's benefits I suppose.

I guess my AP folks have decided to hold on to my last reimbursement checks. I haven't seen an expense check in 6 weeks, we have to turn them in every Friday and they cut a check the next Tuesday, but it hit me this morning I haven't gotten them in a month & a half.
No biggie really, they just owe me $2,000 or so out of my pocket.

Not sure if this belongs in the Rant or HHJJ thread.. Got to do my civic service today.. Jury duty.. Almost 9hrs of sitting in the auditorium waiting to be called.

70° and sunny. But so much rain the past 24 hours that local courses are closed.

Uninsured drivers....

My son got run into in my truck almost head on by an uninsured driver. He is fine, some pretty bruises, sore shoulder, and a couple small cuts. But the truck is likely totaled.

His hospital bills will now be covered possibly out of pocket, my truck is probably totaled, and while I am incredibly thankful that he is ok, having auto insurance is a requirement in our state, and now I may have to pursue legal action against this lady.

And in the meantime, I now need 2 vehicles as my youngest son needs transportation also.

That sucks Michigan Slice, I absolutely hate uninsured drivers.

Uninsured drivers....

My son got run into in my truck almost head on by an uninsured driver. He is fine, some pretty bruises, sore shoulder, and a couple small cuts. But the truck is likely totaled.

His hospital bills will now be covered possibly out of pocket, my truck is probably totaled, and while I am incredibly thankful that he is ok, having auto insurance is a requirement in our state, and now I may have to pursue legal action against this lady.

And in the meantime, I now need 2 vehicles as my youngest son needs transportation also.

Dang CJ that is terrible dude. Uninsured drivers shouldn't happen with the systems we have in place. Glad your son is ok, but that lady is going to get what she deserves. Did she get a ticket for fault?

Uninsured drivers....

Sorry to hear CJ. Glad everyone is ok though.

Uninsured drivers....

Each state is different, so obviously my question varies, but your insurance (meaning your sons) wont cover the costs?

Don't you have insurance that covers you if you're hit by someone who's uninsured

Dang CJ that is terrible dude. Uninsured drivers shouldn't happen with the systems we have in place. Glad your son is ok, but that lady is going to get what she deserves. Did she get a ticket for fault?

Yes she did get the ticket.
She fared much worse than my son, as her Pontiac g6 was not much match for my crew cab Silverado.

My son was stopped at an intersection, waiting to get across a road, her on the other side, she floored it to get across the road and "missed" her intended lane and hit the truck.

Stupid really.

Each state is different, so obviously my question varies, but your insurance (meaning your sons) wont cover the costs?

Don't you have insurance that covers you if you're hit by someone who's uninsured

I'm by no means an expert in this matter, but Michigan is a no-fault state. According to the secretary of state, CJ and his son are in this situation:

If someone is driving a vehicle without insurance and is at-fault in an accident, the injured party may file a suit against the uninsured motorist in court for damages. The court may award a judgment for damages to the injured party against the uninsured motorist. If the uninsured motorist cannot pay the judgment, their driver license is suspended until the judgment is paid in full.

Tyler is spot on, To recoup costs I will most likely have to take legal action.

he is still covered on my insurance policies both Auto and Medical, and it will be taken care of one way or another, but I foresee a lot of interaction with our Auto insurance carrier (USAA) and Medical insurance.

And as I understand it the trucks comprehensive insurance is not used because another driver is at fault. (not 100% sure though)

My front door almost fell out of the frame. 3 hinges, and two of them came away from the frame. Some brainiac used only 2 screws per hinge, and they were WAY too short. It's not an easy problem to fix by yourself.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk.

Each state is different, but I'd check with your insurance company. Most states require uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, so it could be a component of your policy, in which case you simply make a claim under your policy. Some times a state maintains a fund that will compensate injured parties of a UM, but it sounds like MI may not since they have a license suspension statute in place for outstanding judgments. Your insurance carrier should know for sure. GL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm by no means an expert in this matter, but Michigan is a no-fault state. According to the secretary of state, CJ and his son are in this situation:

Each state is different, but I'd check with your insurance company. Most states require uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, so it could be a component of your policy, in which case you simply make a claim under your policy. Some times a state maintains a fund that will compensate injured parties of a UM, but it sounds like MI may not since they have a license suspension statute in place for outstanding judgments. Your insurance carrier should know for sure. GL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PGG is speaking of what I was referring to. FL is also a no-fault state and when someone hit me with no coverage, my insurance company was wonderful to deal with.

PGG is speaking of what I was referring to. FL is also a no-fault state and when someone hit me with no coverage, my insurance company was wonderful to deal with.

That makes complete sense to me, hence why it is no-fault so you should deal with your own insurance company (and if coverage runs out, then you dip into the at-fault drivers coverage). If it wasn't in a no-fault state, then I could see where the courts come in immediately. This is why I am not becoming a lawyer and just prefer to stay out of accidents ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back