Round 2 Matchups - 2014 Morgan Cup #THPMC

Wow! So excited to get matched up with Ddec and War! Have seen the fairway finder v.man in person in Dallas during a practice round for an event and can't wait to pair up on Saturday. Saturday is not only going to be a blast, but a huge test of work being done. Can't wait!

This is going to be a tough match!

Six4Three5 & Trout Bum
Howzat & Wicked Cool Bearded Man

But it's with two of my biggest role models on the forum so no matter what the outcome I will enjoy this and savor the memories.

So many great pairings, these will be fun to follow. Alternate shot should really make all of these close.

This is going to be an insanely fun and competitive match with you dudes. I'm looking forward to it.

Let's not get carried away here haha.

This will be a good one. How tall are you Nate? I know Jordan and Trevor are pretty big guys. Hope none of you dudes step on me.

JM

Six4Three5 & Trout Bum

But it's with two of my biggest role models on the forum so no matter what the outcome I will enjoy this and savor the memories.

I agree, this will be a fantastic match. I expect tons of great shots coming from this group.

Six4Three5 & Trout Bum

This is going to be so much fun. I had a blast in 2012 with you calling the action and following me around for a few days. I am so happy to see you on the other side of the camera and I know some really good golf will be played. I expect this match to go to 18 with a full gallery waiting for us.

Six4Three5 & Trout Bum

Dude we will have a freaking blast - I promise you that

You want a crack at 18 again, huh?

You have no idea. I nutted my approach shot on 18 at True Blue and expected to do the same at Caledonia. I got greedy and went for the pin. If presented with the same situation Id hit the same shot- just play a little more for the wind

Two great finishing holes on two great courses. Both require two very good shots to get on and be close. The gallery watching, the water, the tight landing area and the pleasure of a point. Sheesh, matches that reach 18 will be filled with drama.

Two great finishing holes on two great courses. Both require two very good shots to get on and be close. The gallery watching, the water, the tight landing area and the pleasure of a point. Sheesh, matches that reach 18 will be filled with drama.

You speak the truth. In 2012 I had a match go to 18 at TB but none last year.

Last year in alt shot at Caledonia on 18 was something special. Nerves like no other, remember and still feel it vividly.

Totally and deservedly. They are two of my favorite finishing holes ever!

Today's announcements make these pairings twice as important as they were a few hours ago. I am not sure if my line-up would be different or not if I have known before hand but I am curious to see how people handle the pressure of 18 with a huge crowd and likely more matches that make it there and mean something.

Last edited:
Today's announcements make these pairings twice as important as they were a few hours ago. I am not sure if my line-up would be different or not if I have know before hand but I am curious to see how people handle the pressure of 18 with a huge crowd and likely more matches that make it there and mean something.

I wouldn't change a thing with mine. It's up to them though in what order they go out and if they want to flip that around after the turn.

I don't know how this changes anything in the pairings.

Just thinking out loud. Getting to change which holes guys tee of on for the back 9 may have changed my thinking a little.

Just thinking out loud. Getting to change which holes guys tee of on for the back 9 may have changed my thinking a little.

I was wondering if you guys were rethinking anything. But I couldn't think of a reason why

I've also wondered if this have any one pairing in the groups and advantage.

I was wondering if you guys were rethinking anything. But I couldn't think of a reason why

I don't see a major advantage unless there is a pairing that greatly benefits in switching the tee order from front to back.

Doubt that exists but all I can think of.

I think it benefits WCBM and I. Switching the order at the turn will play to our strengths. How much it will help is yet to be determined.

Obviously we can look back and say "man maybe we coulda done this if we woulda known that." It's just human nature and I get where your coming from.

But I think it helped us not overthink the pairings as well. Would we have changed things knowing these wrinkles? Maybe. But I like these additions and it's gonna make things even more interesting when determining singles orders on Saturday night.

#franchiserewritten indeed!

I think it benefits WCBM and I. Switching the order at the turn will play to our strengths. How much it will help is yet to be determined.

And it may no doubt.

Panda and I will discuss thoroughly prior to Saturday to see what works for us. And heck, do you make a change because of what your opponents do?

Always something to think about. Nothing is final until someone takes that swing from the number 1 tee on Saturday afternoon and then again from the number 10 tee.

Obviously we can look back and say "man maybe we coulda done this if we woulda known that." It's just human nature and I get where your coming from.

But I think it helped us not overthink the pairings as well. Would we have changed things knowing these wrinkles? Maybe. But I like these additions and it's gonna make things even more interesting when determining singles orders on Saturday night.

#franchiserewritten indeed!

Don't get me wrong, I am cool with the changes and timing. The more I think about the more I like it.

Don't get me wrong, I am cool with the changes and timing. The more I think about the more I like it.

Oh I know dude. I just understand your thought process.

Not for the double match points, but it would have changed my order of 1-2-3-4, no doubt about it. I didn't want to take my 1 pairing and move them to the 4th for round two thinking they'd be that many tee times apart, but the two tee start changes that entirely. Would have been entirely manageable. Nothing to dwell on, and a change that will truly benefit the event IMO.

Alt-shot truly has become a premium at this event, and a priority should be on partnership chemistry. We're going to have the luxury of watching some incredible matches go the distance, and I think that's awesome. Caledonia 18th will be the place to be Sunday afternoon.

Nice matchups.

Back