What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
46° 17 mph wind out of the northeast so I played from the forward tees 5160 yards. 70.0/ 114

I shot a 77. It was one of the most fun rounds of golf I've played in ages.

Nice dude! Three solid rounds there!

Thanks...way too many bogies though...and I seem to be all over the place from the tee, but still in play. I've struggled with my putts, I forgot how to address the ball and my grip changed without me noticing...was lost for a while. Now I've found it again.

3 over 38 at my little course before Jr. League. It is a PB for me! It feels great.

No fairways but 5 greens 19 putts and 0 penalties.

Had chances for a couple birdies but putting was just a bit off all round. Gotta keep working at it.

Congrats on the PB!!

The weather was too nice, had to grab a quick nine after lunch and shot a 47 for me. I was sitting on a 42 when I got to the last hole which is a par 3. I've been playing this hole well lately and figured I would get out with no worse than bogey. I hit my tee shot and it was a great shot, just got a bit of a bite from the distance fairy and flew the damn green with an eight iron. I got the baby draw and everything I was looking for, the ball just went too far. Oh well, that happens sometimes when I really hit it good. In any event the ball was on an uphill lie in some deep bermuda grass there is a good downhill slope to the green and I had to be very pretty careful to not have it come out too hot. Despite my best efforts the ball caught the slope and just ran down the green stopping about thirty feet away. I ended up three putting for a double and a 47. All in all though, the game seems to be holding together. I haven't had a nine hole round in the fifties in the last several rounds.

38/38=76 at the home club today. felt really good about the round with only 8 GIR. The word of the day was scramble.

I had the lowest round of my life this past Tuesday, shooting an 87 on my home course at Fort Lee Va. It included a slam dunk from about 50 yards with a gap wedge for a birdie, and beat my previous low by 1 stroke.

Nine hole round after work today. A poor 45 (will ESC to a 44). Struggling a bit with the new Big Bertha. Only hit 2 fwy's and put myself in some poor places off the tee. Also a poor putting round with three 3-putts. Had 1 birdie, 1 par, 6 bogies, and a quad. Going to try to get in 18 holes tomorrow.

39/40-79 (net 62!!) at Legacy Ridge today. Entire round felt great as I was putting for bird or par on all holes. No big numbers today was the key. Chipping in twice was extra special. The first was a routine little chip from just off the green to a pin 15 ft away. The second one was a big flop shot over a bunker that I couldn't see the hole. I knew I hit it good so I turned and picked up my clubs and walked to the green only to not see my ball anywhere. Surprise! Its in the hole! I hadn't totaled my card until I was on the 18th tee and I knew I was close to a PB. I needed a birdie to break it and I ended up in trouble off the tee and then missed the par putt to tie it. Still its the best I ever have scored at this tricky course. I wish OC was tomorrow because I'm pretty full of confidence right now. Getting into The Bridgestone Championship really put me back into a positive vibe.

7 FW
6 GIR
31 putts
3 birdies
5 pars
10 bogies

38/38=76 at the home club today. felt really good about the round with only 8 GIR. The word of the day was scramble.

If that's scrambling, you're doing it well partner. Couldn't have been missing those greens by too much. :thumb:

I had the lowest round of my life this past Tuesday, shooting an 87 on my home course at Fort Lee Va. It included a slam dunk from about 50 yards with a gap wedge for a birdie, and beat my previous low by 1 stroke.

Nice personal best, man.

Nine hole round after work today. A poor 45 (will ESC to a 44). Struggling a bit with the new Big Bertha. Only hit 2 fwy's and put myself in some poor places off the tee. Also a poor putting round with three 3-putts. Had 1 birdie, 1 par, 6 bogies, and a quad. Going to try to get in 18 holes tomorrow.

What's up with you and Bertha, Barry? I thought you were dialed in with that baby. Just an off day, I'm sure.

39/40-79 (net 62!!) at Legacy Ridge today. Entire round felt great as I was putting for bird or par on all holes. No big numbers today was the key. Chipping in twice was extra special. The first was a routine little chip from just off the green to a pin 15 ft away. The second one was a big flop shot over a bunker that I couldn't see the hole. I knew I hit it good so I turned and picked up my clubs and walked to the green only to not see my ball anywhere. Surprise! Its in the hole! I hadn't totaled my card until I was on the 18th tee and I knew I was close to a PB. I needed a birdie to break it and I ended up in trouble off the tee and then missed the par putt to tie it. Still its the best I ever have scored at this tricky course. I wish OC was tomorrow because I'm pretty full of confidence right now. Getting into The Bridgestone Championship really put me back into a positive vibe.

7 FW
6 GIR
31 putts
3 birdies
5 pars
10 bogies

Very nice playing today.

42/43 for an 85.. Was quick on the tempo with the driver on the front and got away with it on a few holes. Double bogey on 18 killed me. Hit the drive where I wanted but didn't carry the fairway bunker. Overall pleased with the ball striking. Course was 6700 yards from the Blues and being wet - it played longer. Overall pretty pleased.

Soggy 41 at league tonight with a tight lower back. All things considered it was an OK round. The cut on the greens was a joke and the air ration holes are still present. Had a good birdie though so there was a positive to take away!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Congrats on the personal best!

Nice way to grind out the 76!

It's really inspiring to see all of the PBs in here lately.

first time I hit 14/14 fairways today. didn't even notice it until tallying my scorecard at the end of the day. unfortunately only hit 9/18 greens and scored 83. three 3 putts and two penalty shots. ugh.

+3 73 at the home course today. My swing / ball striking was a little off today but I still managed quite a few pars and a couple of birdies. 9 FWY, 10 GIR, 30 putts.

+3, 39 at my after work course. 4/7 fairways, only 1 green but many were only a few yards off and most pin high. Get this....only 12 putts, with 6 one putts and 3 two putts. Made one bomb to save par on nine. Scrambled my a$$ off and built up some momentum to carry into the weekend!

Swing changes held up for most of the round, even through a 30 minute rain delay.

JM

Chris, Johnny
Nice shooting today fellas!!

Edit.. As well as Barry, Randy, Andy and others!

Nice rounds today, fellas!!! I had one of my own today shooting a 40-36-76 today at Ironbridge. I dropped 4 birdies (all on the back) with 6 bogeys and a double. This round really could have been something special for me, but I choked a double on 18. I was -2 for the back at that point and made a bad decision on club off the tee. Im really disappointed in that part of the day but otherwise, I was having a blast. I was dropping wedges in close all day and was converting the putts for the most part. Big step with my putting. Hit 9/14 FIR and 11 GIR. Really starting to see my GIR numbers rise. It's been a big focus of my attention as an area that needed big improvements and its great to see results. Wish I would have nabbed that PB!

IB51514.png

+5 for a 40 in my golf league tonight. Was +4 through 3 holes, but finally got it going at finished +1 over the last 6. Ties a PB for me on that 9, on that course. And, of course, it could've been better.

17 putts (a few bad misses SHORT), 3/7 fairways (only 1 bad miss); 5/9 GIRs (2 bad breaks, and 2 bad shots); and the best part of all............NO LOST BALLS!

+5 for a 40 in my golf league tonight. Was +4 through 3 holes, but finally got it going at finished +1 over the last 6. Ties a PB for me on that 9, on that course. And, of course, it could've been better.

17 putts (a few bad misses SHORT), 3/7 fairways (only 1 bad miss); 5/9 GIRs (2 bad breaks, and 2 bad shots); and the best part of all............NO LOST BALLS!
Solid Finish there!

A bit of a rough start. But, rather than let that get to you, your focus for the rest of the round was spot on. Work is paying off.

#DoWorkDotCom

Last night I got out for a very quick nine. Only had an hour and a half until sunset. Walked and carried my way to a terrible 51. Driving was bad. Irons were pretty bad. Putting was acceptable. I hadn't touched my clubs in about a week and a half and it showed. Was a good mental break though. Today I am playing with my best friend from high school, so that will be more fun.

Gross gross gross 44 at my home course. Good news is my bunker shots were awesome. Bad news, everything else sucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back