The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

I like to start fast, get up early (if possible) and hit the gas. In a 9 hole match or Alt. shot I think this will be paramount. Not a lot of room to catch up if you are behind.

Absolutely. In a nine hole match, you cannot afford a slow start. If it takes a couple of holes to get into the "groove", by then it could be too late.

Very true , didnt even really think about that.

If you one who takes a few hole you could almost be finished before you start.

Added mental pressure for sure.

By that point we should be nice and warmed up.

I think what you have said is going to change a few peopls's approach. Being down two or three early in an 18 hole match because you have more holes to dig your way out. But in 9 holes, that luxury is gone. I think people will be pushed a little and may be taken out of their comfort zone.
Absolutely. In a nine hole match, you cannot afford a slow start. If it takes a couple of holes to get into the "groove", by then it could be too late.

My mind is always thinking.....Yesterdays announcement caught me off guard but the more I thought about it the more excited I became.
Very true , didnt even really think about that.

If you one who takes a few hole you could almost be finished before you start.

Added mental pressure for sure.

By that point we should be nice and warmed up.

A shame we wont know how each other hit the ball in the AM session

Oh wait :)

After vacation and a work trip this week, I am ready to get into full time training mode. No distractions for the next 60 days.

I played a 9 hole match play round today and it was interesting. Really makes you look at the risk/reward of each shot. It should make for some very close matches. I do think guys with short memories will have an advantage.

I agree, risk taking with strategy will be paramount. My memory is terrible lol. what were we talking about?

I agree, risk taking with strategy will be paramount. My memory is terrible lol. what were we talking about?

Teammates will not only have to forget their bad shots but those of their partner. A bombing drive followed by a miscalculation by your partner... how will you handle it.

How will you take it if you miss hit your shot leaving your partner with a tough up and down..

All this with only 9 holes per match..

#goosebumps

Love the Mc.

One day closer to what is the highest amateur honor many of us will ever receive, teeing off at the 2014 Morgan Cup!

I believe there will be a slightly swaggered Trout Bum walk to the 1st tee.
You have been waiting for this, since you filmed it two years ago.

Lol my heart is racing right now just thinking about it, my swagger may turn into stumble. 2012 was truly epic, hotter than should be allowed anywhere and some kick ass golf! I still think about your shot on 18 at Caledonia dude, you hit it when it counted to close one of the best matches I've ever seen. The putts that were made to stay alive in that match were simply tour worthy!

Lol my heart is racing right now just thinking about it, my swagger may turn into stumble. 2012 was truly epic, hotter than should be allowed anywhere and some kick ass golf! I still think about your shot on 18 at Caledonia dude, you hit it when it counted to close one of the best matches I've ever seen. The putts that were made to stay alive in that match were simply tour worthy!

I have had 2 holes in one, and that is still my favorite shot I ever hit. And thanks to the Morgan Cup, captured on video for me to relive anytime I want. From 130 or so, to 6 inches and it looked like it was going in.

I have had 2 holes in one, and that is still my favorite shot I ever hit. And thanks to the Morgan Cup, captured on video for me to relive anytime I want. From 130 or so, to 6 inches and it looked like it was going in.

That part gets me really excited, to know we will have the opportunity to watch our matches over and over again is pretty mind blowing.

My shot (at the 30 sec mark)

Oh wow! Yes that was the right call. Oh wow, indeed!

What took you so long to hit that shot? ;)

To know in the future we will be able to do that rocks!

What a shot by JB. I can't even imagine what the feeling was like, but I will in 2 months.

What a shot by JB. I can't even imagine what the feeling was like, but I will in 2 months.

it was incredible. I was playing the round with Puttin4Bird against INgolfer and some other guy. We were up 2 and heavily favorited, but neither of us were playing all that well. They made a 35 ft birdie on 16 to come with in 1 and then a 25 ft birdie on 17 to go all square.

That brought us to 18 and after P4B hit an awesome drive, I hit that shot to make birdie (they made birdie too) and the match ended the way it should have when it was that awesome. AS!

It was great hearing you guys talk that ball in. Sounds like a great match and an awesome way to end it.

I remember you talking about that shot, JB and how much it meant to you. I can't wait for us all to have the opportunity to pull off something amazing like that in July.

it was incredible. I was playing the round with Puttin4Bird against INgolfer and some other guy. We were up 2 and heavily favorited, but neither of us were playing all that well. They made a 35 ft birdie on 16 to come with in 1 and then a 25 ft birdie on 17 to go all square.

That brought us to 18 and after P4B hit an awesome drive, I hit that shot to make birdie (they made birdie too) and the match ended the way it should have when it was that awesome. AS!

Literally the best match I've ever seen, it was memory making for everyone that witnessed it.

You made that shot with THAT swing? :alien: (I kid of course). That was amazing, and to do it under pressure makes it even more impressive.

For hackers like us to be immortalized on video is one of the benefits of this event that many don't think about. To have some clips of myself playing golf and hitting great shots to show my family will be something special.

We heard the cheers from this match from 7 holes away. It was amazing

Back