What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great round JM! awesome PB my friend. I would have loved to have been there with you to see it.

Great round JM and congrats on the PB. Well done!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnny had the Mojo working today. Beauty! Well done sir.

Damn Johnny, incredible!

Think I'll refrain from following that up and posting my score. :)

Went 37/37-74 today with a double on each side, had I had a different putter in tow, it could have been an absolutely insane round. Great way to start summer vacay.

Followed that up with a 39 on 9 from the tips. Excited to start amping up the practice now with work out of the way hahaha

Went 37/37-74 today with a double on each side, had I had a different putter in tow, it could have been an absolutely insane round. Great way to start summer vacay.

Followed that up with a 39 on 9 from the tips. Excited to start amping up the practice now with work out of the way hahaha

Hear that?

Boooooooom

Wow. Some MCers setting the bar very high.

Johnny, great damn day dude!

Shot 35-43-78 today in our men's league. Was really headed toward an epic round till my brain got in the way. Making the turn at -1 was really awesome though. I haven't been under par for 9 holes since high school so that was pretty big. It was easily the best played 9 of my life. Hit 5/7 FIR and 8/9 GIR on the front with great, make-able looks on 1, 4, 6, 7, 8 & 9. Then the wheels fell off. Lost the easy, loose nature of the front and got very tense and nervous on the back. Gotta cut that out. Still made 2 birdies on the back, one which was a tap in from a 15' eagle putt so all was not terrible. It ended up being all about the putter. Missed 4 putts from 4' and in. That just cant happen.

Still an awesome night to be out and that front 9 was really something. I need to find a way to bottle that. So excited to have played some good golf. Have to build off of it.

Congrats on the low round JM. Keep those good swings flowing.

I wouldn't say your wheels fell off on the back 9 EvF. I can probably show you "wheels falling off" and "wheels not even on" if I posted my rounds from last year. Hoping to right the ship this year, but I digress. You had a great front side. Awesome. So the back didn't go quite as good, but it wasn't terrible and you'll get'em next time. Just keep gettin after it. Again, great round.

Played in men's league last night. Probably about 45 degrees and windy, a really chilly night. Back 9 goes off at about 3400 yards. Played OK, shot a 41 with 5 bogies and 4 pars. 2 of the bogies really made me upset. Both of them were on par 5's, laid up on both, as I always do, and had less than 100 into each green. Went over both of them and couldn't get up and down for par. I beat my opponent pretty handily though, so all in all not too disappointing. It's amazing how much better my putting has been this year, no matter what course I go to that part of my game travels really well.

I wouldn't say your wheels fell off on the back 9 EvF. I can probably show you "wheels falling off" and "wheels not even on" if I posted my rounds from last year. Hoping to right the ship this year, but I digress. You had a great front side. Awesome. So the back didn't go quite as good, but it wasn't terrible and you'll get'em next time. Just keep gettin after it. Again, great round.

Thanks. I know it wasn't terrible. I was just disappointed in myself some and mostly due to those 4 yipped putts. It feels like an opportunity lost is all I mean. Many more rounds ahead of me. Great learning experience.

38 on the home course yesterday. Hit my irons well, felt uncomfortable everywhere but scored well...

Woke up, back felt good, played the usual front nine before work and shot a 43. Went bogey, bogey, bogey, PAR, bogey, double, bogey, PAR, bogey. I had THREE THREE PUTTS!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Makes me think about what I could have done if my putter was working better. Regularly shooting in the low to mid 40s now.

Last edited:
Woke up, back felt good, played the usual front nine before work and shot a new personal best: 43, beating the score I shot last week (44). Went bogey, bogey, bogey, PAR, bogey, double, bogey, PAR, bogey. I had THREE THREE PUTTS!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Makes me think about what I could have done if my putter was working better.

You're making some big steps very quickly, my friend. Great round

You're making some big steps very quickly, my friend. Great round

Need to correct this, forgot my personal best was a 42, not a 44. Either way, I am scoring in the low/mid 40s regularly now.

42/37= 79 -- not a great front nine, but really found the groove on the back!

Played 36 yesterday shot a 97 at Lake of the Woods in Mahomet IL, then a 101 at the University of Illinois Blue course. My swing is just all over the place lately.

Shot a so so 43 today in nasty conditions. Cold and pouring which sucked but overall I was striking it well. Chipping and putting was soooo much better today.

After the round of 88 yesterday I followed that up today with a round of

39 / 44 for a round of 83 on a course I had never played before

Started with a triple after putting my second shot into the water, second hole was a bogey to go +4 after 2 holes but I then played the rest of the front 9 at -1 with 2 birdies, 1 bogey and the rest were pars to finish at +3 for the front

Back 9 had 2 blow up holes with doubles on both of them, so if I had managed to avoid the blow up holes I would have been posting a score in the 70s :banghead:

But it is good to know I have got the ability to go low....just need to pull it all together

49/45 for an underwhelming 94. Had 3 blowup holes, two triples and a quad bogey. And a penalty shot. Golf is certainly fickle, driving and ball striking was excellent earlier this week, today it was not. Chipping and putting saved my rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A disappointing 93. Putting and driving was horrendous. Irons and wedges were pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back