Tech Talk - Driver CG w/ Tom Olavsky From Cobra Golf

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
While at Cobra Golf HQ this week, THP sat down with one of the greatest metal woods creators there is to talk about CG. While the full video will be hitting THP very soon, we wanted to show one small piece to the members here as sort of a teaser of what is to come.

Great info sounds like Cobra will follow suit with a low forward CG

Man, that was so simple but it just made plane sense. Looking forward to the full video, especially to hear more about forward/backward CG

That is a very good visual for CG and how it actually works. Looking forward to the rest of the video.

I don't know about that. I remember Jman's trip to Cobra a few months ago and I swore Jman said that Cobra was targeting low and back because it was much more forgiving than low and forward

• Admin

Hmmm. I think you will want to see the rest of the video coming up soon.
Tons of real information from a guy that has created metal woods for the largest companies in the world.

Hmmm. I think you will want to see the rest of the video coming up soon.
Tons of real information from a guy that has created metal woods for the largest companies in the world.
It seems like TM , Callaway & Nike are chasing that LFCG so i figured others will start going after it as well

• Admin
It seems like TM and Callaway are chasing that LFCG so i figured others will start going after it as well

I dont think Callaway is chasing it much either. They offer multiple drivers and only a single one (and only set a certain way) offers that in my opinion. I think you will enjoy the rest of the video as it comes. This is simply a small portion from a mind that is incredibly knowledgeable.

Cannot wait to see and hear the rest of the video...a very informative and simple way of presenting CG.

Nice teaser, I know nothing about CG so it's great to hear someone explain it where it makes sense.

Looking forward to more from TO!

Wow, that makes so much sense, but never thought of it like that. Thanks for sharing.

This is going to be effin cool.

Cool info already in the teaser, more please!

Nice teaser, I know nothing about CG so it's great to hear someone explain it where it makes sense.

I'm with you Cookie I know nothing about CG. TO broke it down and make it very understandable. I can't wait for the rest of the interview

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True geniuses can explain something complex in a way that everyone can understand...

this guy is the Neil DeGrasse Tyson of golf

While at Cobra Golf HQ this week, THP sat down with one of the greatest metal woods creators there is to talk about CG. While the full video will be hitting THP very soon, we wanted to show one small piece to the members here as sort of a teaser of what is to come.

This might be one of the coolest videos I've seen all year. Lower CG visually explained by one of the creators of a club. SO AWESOME.

This kind of straight talk is always a blast to listen to. Educate the consumer is always a win IMO

So much education in such a short video. Can't wait to see nore.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Very interesting. Looking forward to watching the whole video. I love tech talk and always want to learn more.

That was so well put and easy to understand. I really had no idea about the component action to add or reduce spin. Looking forward to the rest of the video!

Nice explanation of gear effect. Very easy to understand

Great little Teaser, can't wait for the rest of the video. Love the breakdown to so even a simpleton like myself can understand.

Nice explanation of gear effect. Very easy to understand

I've never heard gear effect described on the vertical plane or presented in such a clear manner. Definitely looking forward to upcoming videos.

Wait until u guys see the rest. ..

I'm in the same boat, I have no clue right now about it but I'll bet we both get a good education in the near future lol.

Back