The Japanese Steakhouse Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Im not sure why I love these places so much. I dont get to go as much as I would like to, but at THP Event Love Is In The Air, we enjoyed Kobe with all of the other couples. There are some great places around the country throwing off such awesome jokes as

Japense Eggroll
Heart Shaped rice
Volcano
Shrimp Tail in the hat
Making fun of MikeDean for ordering well done.

Just a good time and the food is usually decent. Do you like them? Favorite locally to you?

I loved sitting next to Coers and watching him pass in everything but the sirloin.

I love going to Teppan Edo at Epcot. The ambience and service feels more authentic.

I like them minus the harassment from the chefs.
Solid variety of food and the portions for the money are hard to beat.

I really enjoy these places. The closest one is about 30 miles from here and we don't go that often. When you factor the entertainment aspect with the amount of food the cost of the it is a pretty reasonable IMO.

I am probably the worst golfer in the history of the world!!

The two best ones in KC that I have been to are Gojo and Hibachi. Better food at one and better show at the other, but I can't remember which is which! Both are down at the Country Club Plaza.

Does she use ketchup or A 1 too? =P

A1, hahaha.

I have offered to just go buy her a belt, but she will have none of that!

The Kobe we went to for LIITA is one of my favorites, along with the Benihana in the Hilton around the corner from there.

"Japanese Velveeta!" (White sauce)
"Choo choo!"

A guy at the Kobe in Tampa did a big thing he called "Japanese Tsunami!" Where he dumped a bunch of water on the grill to start cleaning right after the tragic tsunami that sort of left the table speechless once.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk.

For some reason our area has a TON of these, which is good because I love it.

My personal favorite is JoTos, I don't think it is a chain, I think there are only two of them, one by me and one down there by JB.

I always just have them skip all the other sauces and load me up on the yum yum.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

There's a local one here called Shogun, it's a great time, the choo choo train out of the onion complete with smoke is my favorite move!

My next door neighbor is the top chef at one in town. They also have a location in Myrtle Beach. It is called Nakato. I've never been before, just not my thing. The place here in town is pretty popular though so it must be good. It's been around for several years and in Springfield that means something.

I love them, we have a few in Springfield, Nakato and Hinode are my favortites

Thread inspiration.
New place just opened up next to us.

uba2u8uj.jpg

Dude, as good as Japanese steakhouses are, they are amazing when they first open. It's similar to a Chinese buffet in that all of them are great at first, whether they maintain down the road or not.

Please update us on the quality of the onion volcano and the shrimp tail hat flip.

We have a really good one about 2 miles from our house. We like it a lot but due to cost only go maybe once every 3 months. Food is good and the chef's are entertaining. This place has really good quality NY Strip steak for the steak on their menu. Usually do a combo with chicken, steak and shrimp. Sometimes switch it up and go steak an salmon.

Back