Cobra Golf - Welcome To The 2014 Morgan Cup

Rocking the combo set, I like it man!!

I think it just works best for me with the offset.

That is an interesting set. I thought you played both pretty well down here.

Howzat with the ala carte setup..nice

That is an interesting set. I thought you played both pretty well down here.

I really like the forgiveness of the regular version but I think my accuracy is better with the + version in those shorter irons. The lofts match up at that spot as well so I think I am getting the best combo of distance, forgiveness, and accuracy going this route. I am normally not a split set kind of guy but my personal best was actually shot with AMP Cell's 6-8 and J40 DPC's 8-PW.

Erik, you and I clearly aren't real Internet golfers, look at us playing R+ iron shafts. :alien;

Erik, you and I clearly aren't real Internet golfers, look at us playing R+ iron shafts. :alien;

I hit some of my uncle's clubs yesterday with senior flex shafts and quite liked it. We won't be getting t-shirts anytime soon.

I hit some of my uncle's clubs yesterday with senior flex shafts and quite liked it. We won't be getting t-shirts anytime soon.

Yeah, I'm playing R's right now.

Oh well, we'll just make out own tshirts.

And order has been submitted. Unsure how well this excel table will copy/paste from phone but here are my selections:

Club
Model
Loft
Shaft
Notes
Driver
Bio Cell+
variable
Stiff Red Tie
Lamkin ACE 3GEN 360 red grip, 44.5" (minus .75" off stock length), head = red
3H
Baffler XL
19*
Stiff graphite
Lamkin ACE 3GEN 360 blue grip
4H
Baffler XL
21*
Stiff graphite
5H
Baffler XL
24*
Stiff graphite
6i
Baffler XL
27*
Pxi 5.5
7i
Baffler XL
30.5*
Pxi 5.5
8i
Baffler XL
34.5*
Pxi 5.5
9i
Baffler XL
39*
Pxi 5.5
PW
Baffler XL
43.5*
Pxi 5.5
GW
Baffler XL
48.5*
Pxi 5.5
SW
Baffler XL
54*
Pxi 5.5
54*
Tour Trusty
54*
DG S200
Lamkin ACE 3GEN 360 blue grip, head = satin
58*
Tour Trusty
58*
DG S200
Lamkin ACE 3GEN 360 blue grip, head = satin
Putter
SeeMore
X2
34.5", 68* lie angle, PURE Lime Green Grip
Ball
Bridgestone e5 (yellow if available)
Glove
Size = Medium

Nice setups gentlemen

The orders look great guys. So much versatility with those setups.

Alright Cookie, I have to ask...what is the thought behind having the Baffler SW (54 deg) and the Tour Trusty (54 deg) at the same lofts?

Alright Cookie, I have to ask...what is the thought behind having the Baffler SW (54 deg) and the Tour Trusty (54 deg) at the same lofts?

Baffler is for longer shots in 50-100 range.

TT is for 40 yards and in with an emphasis on greenside. I love the Baffler but it's a little too bulky and doesn't offer much in the "touch" shots IMO.

I made this decision at the expense of a 2h or taking a gamble on a 3w (I haven't gotten along with a FW club in years).

Baffler is for longer shots in 50-100 range.

TT is for 40 yards and in with an emphasis on greenside. I love the Baffler but it's a little too bulky and doesn't offer much in the "touch" shots IMO.

I made this decision at the expense of a 2h or taking a gamble on a 3w (I haven't gotten along with a FW club in years).

Sounds good...the SW vs 54 discussion was the last spot I was personally debating myself. Never thought about carrying both, although I can see the difference in shot ideas.

Sounds good...the SW vs 54 discussion was the last spot I was personally debating myself. Never thought about carrying both, although I can see the difference in shot ideas.

Yeah...it's not something I wanted to do but since putting the Baffler SW in the bag and dropping the TT, I saw my short game and ability to get up/down just decrease drastically.

Now I go from the driver (225-250) to 3h at 200-205.....but I know what wins these events....and it's Shortgame and putting.

Getting up/down successfully is just demoralizing to an opponent and when you miss greens like I do, a decent short game is paramount.

Sounds like you have a solid bag there cookie, look foward to seeing the bafflers at work..

Love the bag setup cookie. A lot of thought went in to that, and I like what you did. Smart setup bro

I don't know why, but I freakin love that Cookie went with the baffler irons.

That is an interesting bag Cookie and I'm anxious to see how it works out for you dude, it's got a ton of versatility to it for sure.

Awesome bags there Captain and cookie. Definitely like the color choices and shafts.

Cookie...strong bag!!

Erik...love those grips! Works like a charm in Myrtle heat!

Man, reading about the club selections this morning makes me realize it's coming fast and the fine tuning begins. I'm pretty excited lol.

Man, reading about the club selections this morning makes me realize it's coming fast and the fine tuning begins. I'm pretty excited lol.

Hard to believe we are only 2 months away. 8 weekends.

Hard to believe we are only 2 months away. 8 weekends.

Yeah man, I try and imagine how cool Friday morning will be but then I have to stop because I'm sure my imagination isn't that good lol.

Back