Matrix Releases TPHDe Shaft

It's months off still but maybe we'll see a sighting at #TheGauntlet?

I won't be playing in that so most likely the clubs that will be there are participants and sponsors.

Every time #thegauntlet gets mentioned I smile. Every time a TPHDe gets mention I smile. This thread is a lot of smiles for me.

I have got to swing the bertha with this in it. Any chance of it being present at Indy JB?

I have got to swing the bertha with this in it. Any chance of it being present at Indy JB?

Probably not by then but at a few other events. Sorry.

Doing work today.
u2u2u6ah.jpg

Giggity

Sadly that is because the airline busted the tips on my other driver shaft, so I need to replace it.
This one is going into the green Big Bertha that a THPer graced me with. It is a beauty.

That combo will look SICK!

I'm hoping this shaft makes an appearance in West Palm Beach. I would love to take a couple swipes with it

Sadly that is because the airline busted the tips on my other driver shaft, so I need to replace it.
This one is going into the green Big Bertha that a THPer graced me with. It is a beauty.

That might be one of the most impressive and sought after setups we'll see on this site all year. I look forward to seeing it in action, at some point.

Not exactly. As I posted above, it would be like saying a concept car will be the death of consumer automobiles.

Bang on! So, in 4-5 years this shaft will be normal price because everything should be trending this direction. It looks like there's a ton of tech in there and if it's as good as they say, I'm OK with the price. My wife wouldn't be OK with me buying it though.

If there is forum testing for this shaft, will it require the donation of a kidney or will a simple toe do? :alien:

I'd love to try one... but no way is shaft worth that much cheddar.

I'd love to try one... but no way is shaft worth that much cheddar.

Depends on the person I guess.
Some pay hundreds for Tour Issue this and that.
Others pay hundreds for rare headcovers.
Others pay even more than that for a custom putter.

There is some science here. Whether its right or wrong, the materials do dictate the price in this instance. Not all instances, but in this instance.

There is some science here. Whether its right or wrong, the materials do dictate the price in this instance. Not all instances, but in this instance.

Truth.

I think the worst part about shaft costs is their potential chance of breaking. While I could drop "X" dollars on a putter, I think it would be much harder to do so on a shaft that could snap at the hosel or twist in an adapter and break to a point of uselessness. But that's just me personally.

Then again, the same argument could be made for that expensive headcover that rips or wears down quickly as well.

I think the worst part about shaft costs is their potential chance of breaking. While I could drop "X" dollars on a putter, I think it would be much harder to do so on a shaft that could snap at the hosel or twist in an adapter and break to a point of uselessness. But that's just me personally.

Then again, the same argument could be made for that expensive headcover that rips or wears down quickly as well.

I tend to agree with you, but here is where its different for me.
The same thing could be said about nearly every consumer product.
We buy more expensive cell phones that are definitely more fragile than their cheap counterparts.
We buy more expensive cars, clothes, etc.
Why buy an $80 golf shirt when you could buy one at $20 when they are both tech and both susceptible to pulls.

I understand the fear because we are not talking $80 to $20, but rather 20x that, but I think if one views any concept product buy price, it will always lead to a "no". Which frankly i understand.

I think concept products are unique. That is part of it. Similar to the custom putter that someone drops a thousand dollars on. What happens when they have to putt on sandy greens? Or it falls from the hands on the cart path? In this scenario, you have a company that would replace a defect. The putter scenario, you would have those on the internet saying "you putt with that?".

Can't wait to see that combo

This just got the adapter put on and will get its maiden voyage with War Eagle tomorrow evening at the range.

This just got the adapter put on and will get its maiden voyage with War Eagle tomorrow evening at the range.

Ooooh yeah!

All ready to go.

ama8aves.jpg

ysahy5at.jpg

udu6ata5.jpg

ajuzehuj.jpg

4ynuzyta.jpg

So awesome, what a great shaft and combo you got there

Shaft looks incredible. Looking forward to hearing how it performs

Wowzers. That really looks nice.

Wow that shaft looks pretty. Interested to see how it works out.

Back