What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated the Live Round thread as I played today. (You should try it sometime, it's fun.)

Played at Twin City Country Club in Tennille, GA. 6500 from the tips about a 127 slope. Greens are still recovering from aeration and sanding, but rolled ok. We played the back nine first, which is the tougher side, but I usually score better on that side. Struggled coming in and shot 43. Then we went to the front 9 and I rolled off 7 straight pars. Bogeyed the 8th and then stuck a PW to 2 feet on 9 to birdie the last and shoot 36, a new PB on nine holes!

9/14 FWs, 9/18 GIRs, 31 putts with 1 3-putt. Here's the scorecard:

RYghn64.png

That index is going to plummet. Can't wait til you have to give me strokes!

Played Caledonia today. Walking away with some positives and some things to work on. Definitely need to work on my wedge play. Shot 78 +8. Shot 41 on the front and 37 on the back and played the final 8 even par. Got off to a rough start. Hit the ball off tee the pretty well when it wasn't the driver.

Course was in great shape. I will post some photos when I get home so they will hopefully be higher quality. Fairways are perfect. Greens were aerated a few weeks ago I would guess, but in no way affected how they rolled, which was great. You couldn't tell the work had been done until you were up close.

Played my best round of the year to date, 39/43 for a nice 82 on a course I had never played before. I had a great start to the round getting up and down on the first three holes to springboard the rest of the round, combine that with only one three putt and that makes a great round for me. Beat my father in law as well which doesn't happen to often.

got out for a late round ended up playing with a guy for 12 of the holes.... was +1 heading into 18 tried to drive the green left it right into some rough and flopped onto the fringe chipped in for a birdie even par 71 felt pretty good out there today still need to work on some stuff and def had some misses but my game is getting in shape.

Had a great day on the golf course... for an old duffer. The guys in my foursome wanted no part of me.....

Started out slow and then things just started coming together. No birdies, but I got through the back nine in +1, after a +6 on the front.

10264226_10152224127773401_5240952181397618492_o.jpg

I used my driver sparingly.... only 6 times, but it was singing... 231, 212, 235, 233, 235, 236.

I'm in a slump. Big one. Haven't broke 90 in the last 5 rounds - all in the last week. Back nine on my last round of the four I played this weekend was finally little better. Relaxed and just swung away it was night/day. Issue is off the tee. Lots and lots and lots of penalties and if I'm in play there is a 75% chance I'm in the rough, which is too thick to hit anything lower than 8 iron out of. Feeling a bit bummed out by all that b/c the irons/wedges are pretty good, but 175 yard from rough = might as well write a double down. I suck!

The good thing about slumps is that they are temporary. :act-up: Keep the faith buddy, you will sort it out. Just a stretch of road construction on your #journeytobetter.

JM

Golf league match yesterday at Chapel Hills Golf Club just west of Atlanta. 43/45 for 88. 7 pars, 7 bogies, 3 dbls, 1 triple. Still having the blow up hole issues. Could not hit an iron to save my life yesterday. Only 3 GIR. Hit 10/14 fwys (put SLDR back in bag and hit 7/9 fwys that I used it on.)

My opponent also struggled a bit and we had a nice, close, back and forth match. I lost the match on the last hole.

Went 39/39 for a 78. My tee game is as good as it's been in a while and my putting is as good as it's ever been. If I could get my iron game under control, I could really put up some low numbers

Went 39/39 for a 78. My tee game is as good as it's been in a while and my putting is as good as it's ever been. If I could get my iron game under control, I could really put up some low numbers

I followed a little of your round in the 'live round" thread. Nice shooting, man. You're going to be tough in Indy!

38/40, 78. 11/14 fairways. 10/18 greens. 33 putts (no 3 jacks).

Pretty happy with my game from the tee, especially with no penalty strokes coming from the driver which has been hot/cold the past few rounds. Irons were decent, a bit off at times but I am still really pressing with those heavier shafts.

Wedges were good, and saved me a number if times. First round in with the Spider Mallet 72, and once I got it going it was rolling the rock quite well. A few sand saves on the back 9 with some big putts really helped as well.

My best score of the year so far and finally broke 90 on a tough course. Back 9 was not good so will try to focus on what I did right on the front.

46/46-92. Man, I hit a lot of good shots but again did just enough to suck. And this time the putts were burning edges DLL day instead of dropping. A frustrating and encouraging day all at once,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a4u8ymaj.jpg

41/35 for a 76, swing changes and apex is really working right now :)

A weird 77 on my card today. Just simply couldn't put the right swing on the golf club on approach and it cost me quite a few strokes.

Such a frustrating thing, because I was really striking the ball well yesterday.

43/37 for an 80. I was 1 under on the back until I finished bogey, bogey. It sure sucked because I had the best drive ever on 18. I cut the corner on a 420y par 4 and had about 50 yards left and then bladed it over the back edge. It was another round of could have beens and not enough execution. My biggest issue is just over thinking EVERYTHING! On hole 12 or 13 I finally said enough is enough and just stopped thinking. I trusted the swing change and just played. I went birdie, birdie and should have had a third but just lipped it.

Stupid game we play

Had a very interesting round today. Front 9 i hit every fairway and 5 greens. Was playing a nice tight cut off the tee. Few yips on chips cost strokes to card a 40 on the front 9. Should have been a 37 without the chipping yips. Made a comment to the guys i was playing with about hitting every fairway and proceeded to only hit 2 fairways on the back. Funny how that works... hit 3 greens but was able to get up and down some. Ended back with 39 shooting +7 79. 9 fir, 8 gir, 32 putts. 3 birdies, 8 bogeys, one double, 6 pars
6e5unu6y.jpg

48/41 for a great 89!!!!!!!!

First time I broke 90 in over 5 years. Granted it was playing white tees playing 6027yds.

Had a terrible front 9.. Driver was on but irons and short game wasnt.

Started back 9 and fired 4 back to back pars. Drives still on fire and irons finally came around. Putting was so so but I didnt keep track of putts this time around.

Feels like my game is coming back slowly....

Played on the local Munic course!

Forgot to add that I joined up the front 9 with an 89 Year young senior who par'd the front 9..... was amazing watching him play and never hit any direction but straight!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

48/41 for a great 89!!!!!!!!

First time I broke 90 in over 5 years. Granted it was playing white tees playing 6027yds.

Had a terrible front 9.. Driver was on but irons and short game wasnt.

Started back 9 and fired 4 back to back pars. Drives still on fire and irons finally came around. Putting was so so but I didnt keep track of putts this time around.

Feels like my game is coming back slowly....

Played on the local Munic course!

Forgot to add that I joined up the front 9 with an 89 Year young senior who par'd the front 9..... was amazing watching him play and never hit any direction but straight!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Very nice!

Played so badly today. Ugh, frustrated as of late. Going to take a few days off and wait to play again this coming weekend I think.

49 for 17 stableford points in the mon night comp.

2014-05-26%20card.png

Tee was much better than yesterday but greens were a bit shaggy/soggy after a day of sunshine and showers and just couldn't get the pace so need to work on that. Pleased to get another 4 pointer, disappointed with an 8 after two shots in the rough that I couldn't move more than a yard.
Nearly took the head off a duck with a low drive on the 8th.
Overall happy tee to green and with striking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back