The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

For once.......

I actually really enjoy not having a clue.

For once.......

Me too...and I know whatever surprises the weekend brings will be incredible. I really have a hard time imagining anything much better than just the known details.

For once.......

The closer it gets, the less I try to think about how media day is going to be. I can sit there and think of all the possibilities and likely be completely wrong. This event is going to be so much fun and full of smiles and laughs. I just want to enjoy the journey and be surprised Friday morning.

The closer it gets, the less I try to think about how media day is going to be. I can sit there and think of all the possibilities and likely be completely wrong. This event is going to be so much fun and full of smiles and laughs. I just want to enjoy the journey and be surprised Friday morning.

Yup. Me too. But it doesn't stop the wheels from turning haha

For once.......

Only once you haven't had a clue? Really? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not what I said.

Only time I have actually enjoyed it.

#details

;)

I hear ya my friend!! Keep up the hard work. Looking forward to catching up with you in MB since I missed you in Dallas.

This was posted in Staff Sponsor Day, but I thought it should go here as well.

You want to get hit by a ton of bricks? Here ya go.
Friday morning will be like the holidays. You already know that part. You know that it kicks off #THPMC. You know that there will be staff bags lined up like lawyers at a car wreck (hey ATL). Each will be filled with the clubs you ordered. And your company representative will be there.

No these are not the sales people or company "reps" that go to demo days or anything of the sort. These people are coming from the home office. Traveling across the country in many cases to see their staff. That's right, you are their staff for the day (and weekend). They will greet you. They will have tasks for you and for the next few hours, you are theirs. Again, not earth shattering for those that believe they understand this day.

There will be range balls and people will have time to try out their stuff (maybe). Then of course there is 9 holes after this for you to practice with your new gear. So what is different? EVERYTHING!!!!

Friday morning you will be banned from the range until 9am. Dont believe me? Well if you are not in the designated spot when the volunteers come and get you, you will not receive your golf bag. Sound strict? It is. And for a reason. Think showing up casually is okay? Nope. Think showing up early is okay? Nope. You will be in the breakfast area or on the deck at the True Blue 18th (Champagne Celebration spot) at around 9am. You will be there until the volunteers come and get you. If you are not there at 9am when they do, you will not be part of staff sponsor day. That means no sneaking off to the putting green, range, cart barn, or anywhere else. If you break these rules, your 2014 #THPMC will end early. AND WE ARE SERIOUS!

At the time of summons, you will come down to the range and see your staff area. You will be introduced to the person(s) there that will work with you for the entire morning. What are they working on you with? Well, you will have to wait and see. But I can tell you it WILL NOT BE PROMO VIDEOS ON EACH PIECE OF GEAR! You will be tasked with updating a live thread. You will be tasked with posting on Twitter.

But the work part will be what you are waiting for. The law and order of the morning, will be worth it. By the time you settle in to the dinner we have set up on Friday evening, a wave will have washed over you and you will wonder what the heck is going on. You are, at that time...A tour player. That is not PR, bullsh!t or anything else. These companies dont contribute all of this for the wonderful PR, they do so because they love THP and the people here and believe this event is special. You will be a part of an event that has never been done, and might never be done again. I will have some words on Friday night. Im sure I will get a bit emotional. Laugh if you will. Then everybody will break bread, have some drinks and love, laugh and smile at each other, before the competition begins and the trek to immortality starts.

The journey is over. There are less than 8 weeks to go. At this point let the excitement rush over you. Let it fill you with all the emotions that you felt when you got selected. The highs and lows are over. From here on out, it should be nothing more than you remembering why you wanted to be a part of this. Sit back, close your eyes and remember that night your name was called.

The Ultimate Golf Event Period is pretty much here and you are all in for something spectacular.

Well done maestro! Well freaking done!

Holy ****. If that does make every hair on your body stand up and make a tear come to your eyes you are full of ****. If I was reading this as a bystander I would have felt just as I do right now...very damn fortunate!!! Let this last 8 weeks pass fast because I want this BAD!!! The fire inside of me wants to be shared with my sponsors, my fellow teammates, my fellow competitors, Josh and Morgan, and the rest of THP!

Can't wait. I really haven't stopped to consider what is in store for Friday. Focus has been so different this time. Less about the clubs and more about the journey. When that time comes it'll start to sink in, but for now I just accept that I have no clue and that's fine with me.

First lmao at Panda.

Second I really want this to come and part of me does not. Because once it does its over. But the excitement rocks

Wow.

Just wow.

Staff Sponsor Day continues to sound better and better. The more I find out about my sponsoring company, the more they continue to treat their customers like gold and how they are reinventing their brand, the more I suspect there will be some amazing stuff in the offing Friday. The gear, the bag, all those things sound amazing. The chance to represent my sponsor and talk about the experience they've provided me these last few months, to get treated like a staff pro, that part has me excited.

I've taken to watching NASCAR interviews to help prepare. #NeverStopPlugging

I still have no idea what to expect on that day...and I've long given up trying to figure it out. But...reading this post, I actually felt this part:
At this point let the excitement rush over you. Let it fill you with all the emotions that you felt when you got selected. The highs and lows are over. From here on out, it should be nothing more than you remembering why you wanted to be a part of this. Sit back, close your eyes and remember that night your name was called.

The Ultimate Golf Event Period is pretty much here and you are all in for something spectacular.

This was posted in Staff Sponsor Day, but I thought it should go here as well.

You want to get hit by a ton of bricks? Here ya go.
Friday morning will be like the holidays. You already know that part. You know that it kicks off #THPMC. You know that there will be staff bags lined up like lawyers at a car wreck (hey ATL). Each will be filled with the clubs you ordered. And your company representative will be there.

No these are not the sales people or company "reps" that go to demo days or anything of the sort. These people are coming from the home office. Traveling across the country in many cases to see their staff. That's right, you are their staff for the day (and weekend). They will greet you. They will have tasks for you and for the next few hours, you are theirs. Again, not earth shattering for those that believe they understand this day.

There will be range balls and people will have time to try out their stuff (maybe). Then of course there is 9 holes after this for you to practice with your new gear. So what is different? EVERYTHING!!!!

Friday morning you will be banned from the range until 9am. Dont believe me? Well if you are not in the designated spot when the volunteers come and get you, you will not receive your golf bag. Sound strict? It is. And for a reason. Think showing up casually is okay? Nope. Think showing up early is okay? Nope. You will be in the breakfast area or on the deck at the True Blue 18th (Champagne Celebration spot) at around 9am. You will be there until the volunteers come and get you. If you are not there at 9am when they do, you will not be part of staff sponsor day. That means no sneaking off to the putting green, range, cart barn, or anywhere else. If you break these rules, your 2014 #THPMC will end early. AND WE ARE SERIOUS!

At the time of summons, you will come down to the range and see your staff area. You will be introduced to the person(s) there that will work with you for the entire morning. What are they working on you with? Well, you will have to wait and see. But I can tell you it WILL NOT BE PROMO VIDEOS ON EACH PIECE OF GEAR! You will be tasked with updating a live thread. You will be tasked with posting on Twitter.

But the work part will be what you are waiting for. The law and order of the morning, will be worth it. By the time you settle in to the dinner we have set up on Friday evening, a wave will have washed over you and you will wonder what the heck is going on. You are, at that time...A tour player. That is not PR, bullsh!t or anything else. These companies dont contribute all of this for the wonderful PR, they do so because they love THP and the people here and believe this event is special. You will be a part of an event that has never been done, and might never be done again. I will have some words on Friday night. Im sure I will get a bit emotional. Laugh if you will. Then everybody will break bread, have some drinks and love, laugh and smile at each other, before the competition begins and the trek to immortality starts.

The journey is over. There are less than 8 weeks to go. At this point let the excitement rush over you. Let it fill you with all the emotions that you felt when you got selected. The highs and lows are over. From here on out, it should be nothing more than you remembering why you wanted to be a part of this. Sit back, close your eyes and remember that night your name was called.

This post is just packed with such awesome emotion. You can just feel, through these written words, how much LOVE JB and GG have put into this. As a volunteer, I'm so damn excited to give of my time and energy to this great event. I cannot wait to get up there and work my butt off to help make this the best Morgan Cup ever.

What an awesome thread to start out with this evening. I am continually blown away by #THPMC.

#Boom!

JM

First lmao at Panda.

Second I really want this to come and part of me does not. Because once it does its over. But the excitement rocks

I second that lol! And I'm so jacked for this event. Can't wait for that Friday. I'm shaking with excitement right now!

Ok. I'm on that chills train. Again. JB's was awesome, but it also put so many thoughts and ideas in my head about what could happen on Friday, I'm not going to speculate, I want to be surprised, I want to embrace the moment, the minute, the hour, the day in all it's fantasticalness (I guess that's a word...).

But I'll say this, I'm not going to be wandering around on Friday morning. I'll be chilling where we need to be, ready to be THP'd like never before.

If that doesn't get you excited, I don't know what will. I hope Twitter is ready for Staff Sponsor Day.

I read it in the Staff Sponsor thread last night and reading it again, it gets me even more excited. I'm ready for July 25!

Ok. I'm on that chills train. Again. JB's was awesome, but it also put so many thoughts and ideas in my head about what could happen on Friday, I'm not going to speculate, I want to be surprised, I want to embrace the moment, the minute, the hour, the day in all it's fantasticalness (I guess that's a word...).

But I'll say this, I'm not going to be wandering around on Friday morning. I'll be chilling where we need to be, ready to be THP'd like never before.

Dude, between this and not even knowing what we can order- my head might explode

I might need your cool laid back demenor to keep me where I should be. I am early for everything and may need to be restrained.

I might need your cool laid back demenor to keep me where I should be. I am early for everything and may need to be restrained.

Guess we can delay the dress rehearsal?

Back