Callaway Supersoft Ball

Played these again Saturday in wet conditions. I think that is where they really shine for me. Hot days I was slicing them. I feel like in the wet they fly better. No idea why. Really happy with the for the price perfectly compliment the Srixon Soft Feel that I use in summer.

all very interesting comments. My Driver SS is 91.7 think I'll pick up a dozen and give them a ride. I am currently using the 2014 NXT Tour S

Played 36 holes yesterday and used the Supersoft for the first time. Very pleased off the tee (flight and distance). Surprised most by my ability to stop it on the greens and even backed up a few with the wedges. My only issue was my distance control off the putter. This ball seemed explode off the putter face but this is just a need to practice with the ball. Plan to continue using this ball for a while.

Just got another dozen today for my round. Really was pleased with the first dozen I purchased. Will have a full report later today

tegysyhu.jpg

OK, so there I was on Prairie View in Indianapolis this weekend and bombing some drives all day. I had one (330-RX) that was supposed to draw, didn't, and flew through the fairway into the trees. CJ Slice tossed me one of his Supersoft's and I teed it up. What came next was a beauty of a long, bomber, draw, around the corner trap, middle of the fairway, and every bit of 290. Further investigation into this ball is required.

OK, so there I was on Prairie View in Indianapolis this weekend and bombing some drives all day. I had one (330-RX) that was supposed to draw, didn't, and flew through the fairway into the trees. CJ Slice tossed me one of his Supersoft's and I teed it up. What came next was a beauty of a long, bomber, draw, around the corner trap, middle of the fairway, and every bit of 290. Further investigation into this ball is required.

I'm interested in hearing your feedback on this ball. I've been pondering it for a couple weeks and with how you pound the ball, I'm interested in how you like it

I'm interested in hearing your feedback on this ball. I've been pondering it for a couple weeks and with how you pound the ball, I'm interested in how you like it

I am curious as well, that ball was a beauty! and like James said "Its a fun ball"

Yeah you bombed that sucker

You need a box. I think you would really enjoy these a lot, maybe look at the Project A's too!

You need a box. I think you would really enjoy these a lot, maybe look at the Project A's too!

How do you compare the Supersoft to the project a?

Supersoft better off the tee, project a better around the greens based in my experience
I would expect that. The project a is one of the shorter balls off the tee I've gamed but one of the best performing balls around the green. But if the Supersoft has any grip and stopping power around the greens, they're worth a shot for me

I really enjoy the Supersoft off the tee they just perform for me and my ify swing.

I would expect that. The project a is one of the shorter balls off the tee I've gamed but one of the best performing balls around the green. But if the Supersoft has any grip and stopping power around the greens, they're worth a shot for me

A guy I play with who has a great short game played the SS for a few rounds on his home course. The greens are a bit hard on them, and the SS didn't stick as well for him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Supersoft better off the tee, project a better around the greens based in my experience

I saw the same, which isn't surprising given one being urethane and one not.

So after hitting a couple with Jman and CJ in Indy, I grabbed a box and headed out last night after work. Since the only clubs I seemed to be able to hit were my woods, I just put several of each ball (SS vs. 330RX) on a tee and tried like the devil to make identical swings on a big, open fairway. (benefits of a mostly empty course)

Off the driver and 3w, the SS went further both times...by a surprising margin. All felt like solid hits and I'm pretty sure the swings were very comparable. The 5w was a bit different in that the RX was going a tiny bit farther, and higher, but not much. I'd say it was a wash, mostly, with that club.

For fun I hit to SS balls, one driver, one 3w, and the 3w went 20 yards further. I think I caught the driver a bit off the heel, but dang, wtc? Granted, the 3w was a low flying rocket while the driver had normal driver ball flight.

Can't wait until this weekend so I can check them out on courses that didn't fall apart while I was in Indy. (see rants)

And I almost grabbed these in indy...As I play the rx I'd love a few extra yards. Going to run out this weekend and pickup a box.

And I almost grabbed these in indy...As I play the rx I'd love a few extra yards. Going to run out this weekend and pickup a box.

Mike, seriously, I hit a couple friggin' BOMBS with the SS this weekend. Oddly enough, they went right where I wanted them, too.

Mike, seriously, I hit a couple friggin' BOMBS with the SS this weekend. Oddly enough, they went right where I wanted them, too.

Ok I'm sold
#ToadBombs

I would agree that the SS have been longer for me than the RX off the tee...sometimes by as much as 15 yards!

Not near the stopping power around the greens...but not as bad as a normal distance ball either....its a really solid ball especially at the $20 price point.

I would agree that the SS have been longer for me than the RX off the tee...sometimes by as much as 15 yards!

Not near the stopping power around the greens...but not as bad as a normal distance ball either....its a really solid ball especially at the $20 price point.
Exactly my experience as well. I used to play Prov1x, after that NXT Tour, which I found identical to 1x except for holding the green. The SS is at least 15 yards longer if not more on the driver and maybe half a club longer on irons. On well struck 8i, the 1x would hop straight up and stay within a foot from the ball mark. The NXT Tour would hop and roll a bit and end up two to three feet from the mark. The SS will roll two to three yards.

Ok, I guess that if I'm ever good enough that three yards actually matter, I'll reconsider. At that point, I dpn't lose pne to three balls per round either, so price does not matter that much. Heck, I think that at that level, I don't need to pay for balls anymore!

Golfsmith has a $10 off $30 coupon I got in the mail. Picked up 2 dozen of these for $30. My favorite ball this year. I dont spin wedges or anything anyway so its not much of an issue for me.

Golfsmith has a $10 off $30 coupon I got in the mail. Picked up 2 dozen of these for $30. My favorite ball this year. I dont spin wedges or anything anyway so its not much of an issue for me.

Can't get man at $15/dozen. Nice grab

Dawg let me play with one of his balls and I was impressed with it. It was great off the tee and I don't have enough swing speed to spin a ball these days so that is not an issue for me. Price is awesome so this ball is a no brainer. :bomb:

Dawg let me play with one of his balls and I was impressed with it. It was great off the tee and I don't have enough swing speed to spin a ball these days so that is not an issue for me. Price is awesome so this ball is a no brainer. :bomb:

Not to mention that the trees at Lane Creek just don't like these balls. Every one we hit toward the trees were easily findable or kicked back into the fairway. :smile:

Back