THP West Coast Event - Coming?

Unsure how feasible but I would love to travel to an event around Bandon Dunes/Oregon, that area.
I think the logistics would make it near impossible to do Bandon but if that happened I might even show up in jlukes' skirt

I think the logistics would make it near impossible to do Bandon but if that happened I might even show up in jlukes' skirt

Yeah I looked into it last year...disaster

I don't know enough about the area to know any better. My next choice would be Northern California.

I've done the San Diego and Vegas thing. Phoenix could be cool.

I don't know enough about the area to know any better. My next choice would be Northern California.

I've done the San Diego and Vegas thing. Phoenix could be cool.

I like that Idea

I'm interested for sure. Will need to know well in advance though.

Would be down for this as indicated in the other thread. There are some wonderful venues that have been mentioned. Would love to get in on this if schedule allows.

JM

My vote is for Monterey, Bayonet or Poppy would be the affordable ones there.
Cordevalle has been on my list to play in CA and is closer to the Bay.

You also can't go wrong in San Diego so many great choices there.

Scottsdale would be next.

I love going out to the West Coast, but after getting in both the Morgan Cup and Gauntlet this year, I'll probably have to limit my golf travel costs a bit next year...but that's what I say every year.

I hope this potential event is very successful and sells out quick though.

You are killing my brain as it tries to form sentences to explain my thoughts!

In order of how my silly preferences:

Pebble Beach - great courses, scenic, but super expensive (and not far from me...)

San Diego - great courses, AMAZING weather and extra curriculars

Scottsdale/Phoenix - so many great course to play, and some serious deals depending on what time of year you go.

Bandon Dunes, golf and golf only, but a pain in the arse to get too (I have been there 3 times), Forrest Gumpian weather (you never know what you gonna get... except that it will be windy) but I still have to put it on this list because it is awesome.

I think it's a great idea and even though I love LA, anywhere on the coast would be cool from Oregon to Mexico.

anywhere in Cali would be awesome and would be on my short list of events i'd try to attend. I'd be happy with any nice course but i'd like to play a few different courses if i made the trip out there.

Hoping its the Phoenix area

Hoping its the Phoenix area

Cali and other places are not too far right? THP Events are pretty grand and most would tell you would be worth a short travel.

I'll throw one place I haven't seen yet (from my skim slash reading): Santa Barbara. World class scenery? Check. Under hyped quality courses? Check - Sandpiper, Glen Annie, Rancho San Marcos, La Purisma; even their muni is good. Restaurants, night life, beaches, spas and wine tasting? Check. Affordable lodging? Check that too.

Bandon would be ideal and if that happens, I'd make sure to be there.

I know a lot of the resorts in CA and AZ were touched on in the other thread so I'd recommend those too.

Finally, Seattle. Lots of great courses up there, including Chambers Bay, and a lot of fun stuff to do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cali and other places are not too far right? THP Events are pretty grand and most would tell you would be worth a short travel.

San Diego areas is a 5 hour drive. LA is 6. NorCal is a day. Easy peasy.

I'll throw one place I haven't seen yet (from my skim slash reading): Santa Barbara. World class scenery? Check. Under hyped quality courses? Check - Sandpiper, Glen Annie, Rancho San Marcos, La Purisma; even their muni is good. Restaurants, night life, beaches, spas and wine tasting? Check. Affordable lodging? Check that too.

I know a lot of the resorts in CA and AZ were touched on in the other thread so I'd recommend those too.

Finally, Seattle. Lots of great courses up there, including Chambers Bay, and a lot of fun stuff to do.

I was going to say Chambers but the lack of predictable weather is probably a deal breaker. Add in the fact the US Open is coming and I think they are shutting down the course for a period.

+1 for Seattle. One of the most underrated cities in the country. And it would be an awesome time riding along in the van with CJ cross country lol

Folling up on Philly Golf Guys post abov, I'd totally get into courses in the Seattle area. Santa Barbara is an hour's drive south of me, so I'd (almost) feel guilty for voting on that one, but PGG is right about the golf and amenities there.

How about Indian Wells near Palm Springs?

Well this is a treat!!!! Who doesn't love the West Coast?!?! I like the idea of a Southern California event in the San Diego area, however the thought of Bandon Dunes also perks my interest.

Santa Barbera can be rather difficult to get to for those traveling. Just as with the east coast, we do try to pick locations that are easier to fly to for those that want to travel. Each time I have looked at flights from multiple cities to Santa Barbera airport it seems crazy high. With multiple stops.

Back