Skechers signs Matt Kuchar

arydolphin

GTHC!
Reaction score
Handicap
Tweet from Darren Rovell that came out earlier this morning:

I'm not a big fan of the Sketchers brand, but good to see another shoe company enter the golf business.

Sketchers has had some golf shoes out for a number of years now. Good to see them trying to make a big push in the marketplace.

Sketchers has had some golf shoes out for a number of years now. Good to see them trying to make a big push in the marketplace.

I wasn't aware that they had golf shoes already. I learn something new every day.

It was interesting seeing Kuchar wear shoes of different companies this year after being an Ecco guy for so long.

Wondering if these will be more of the casual type that we have seen Kuch wear in the past or if they will be some fun design like Skechers has been known to produce in the past. Maybe Kuch can add another color to his wardobe and have 3 non matching colors instead of just the basis two now

First we have the guy winning the Boston Marathon wearing Skechers, now we have Kuchar. And here I thought they were just for soccer moms and kids.

I'm wearing some Skechers relaxed fit memory foam shoes right now (the Floater model). Love them. Casual/comfy for work and I can go right to the range after because of the nubbies on the bottom.

Yay! Some tour exposure for "ugly shoes"

I wasn't aware that they had golf shoes already. I learn something new every day.

It was interesting seeing Kuchar wear shoes of different companies this year after being an Ecco guy for so long.

I remember seeing them pop up back in late 2011. Obviously this is their big push now, signing a top 5 golfer in the world.

First we have the guy winning the Boston Marathon wearing Skechers, now we have Kuchar. And here I thought they were just for soccer moms and kids.

I was going to post this. Maybe everyone should start to take them seriously

Hopefully they have something new on the horizon, because what they have now is pretty bad.

No idea that Skechers made golf shoes. Huh, interesting.

I'm a fan of Skechers and they will be my next golf shoe purchase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol that made me laugh.
I think I own 1 pair of black ones now, but I know I've had some brown ones as well in the past. I wear them a lot at work.

Interesting. Never thought Skechers would really make a push into pro golf, so this is a surprise. Anxious to see if they make any kind of dent in an already crowded market.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I'm wearing some Skechers relaxed fit memory foam shoes right now (the Floater model). Love them. Casual/comfy for work and I can go right to the range after because of the nubbies on the bottom.

I have these too and they're nice shoes. The nubbies can be a pain if you're walking on gravel though, because you bring half the path with you hahaha

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Interesting signing, looking forward to seeing his signature shoe. Gotta think it will closely resemble the Ecco's he is wearing now.

Well, that's something I wouldn't have expected. Never knew Skechers makes golf shoes. I've liked the pairs of skechers I've owned in the past but haven't worn anything of theirs in a few years.

Hopefully they have something new on the horizon, because what they have now is pretty bad.

It will be interesting to see what they come up with for his signature shoe. I've not been a big fan to date, though.

new signature shoe is gonna be golf shape-ups

I'm been intrigued by Skechers in the past, I'll be curious to see what his signature line looks like!

I haven't really noticed or seen Sketchers golf shoes before, so getting Kuch should definitely help with getting some added exposure.

I was going to post this. Maybe everyone should start to take them seriously
I have a closet of them. Mostly Vans-like styles, but a couple of the relaxed fit and memory foam styles. They seem to baby my feet perfectly and feel great after wearing combat boots for 20+ years.
If they had made a legal boot while I was in, I would have worn them, too.

Yay! Some tour exposure for "ugly shoes"
There's plenty of ugly out there, in both equipment and clothing.
Personally, I think there are some butt ugly drivers out there right now. :eyepoke:

I have a closet of them. Mostly Vans-like styles, but a couple of the relaxed fit and memory foam styles. They seem to baby my feet perfectly and feel great after wearing combat boots for 20+ years.
If they had made a legal boot while I was in, I would have worn them, too.

There's plenty of ugly out there, in both equipment and clothing.
Personally, I think there are some butt ugly drivers out there right now. :eyepoke:

FWIW, I like the look of Sketchers current golf shoes.

Cool. Curious to see what comes from this as far as future shoes. Honestly have no clue what Skecher golf shoes look like.

Back