THP West Coast Event - Coming?

Would love to see another event out our way. Just tell me when and where and I'll be there.

West Coast is a great idea, closer to fly for me :D. I have absolutely no idea about golfing there but would love to tee it up with THPers, depending on when of course( I know it hasn't been conformed).

That is dedication

Pretty awesome thread right here. I don't get home enough, what better way than through a THP event.

I would like to participate in a west coast event I don't care where but if it's in the summer the wife will most likely becoming unless it's not an option

I'd love to see a West Coast event on the annual calendar as my "golf buddies" trip. Simply for convenience sake I love Tucson or Phoenix, and they have some spectacular resorts. I know travel-wise, Phoenix, Vegas, and Southern California come out on top for most people, particularly those who are flying in.

I would love to see a nice desert resort course

I would love to see a nice desert resort course

Come out to Tucson, Tim. We'll play Starr Pass.

Though let's wait until after Summer. It's too darn hot right now.

Knowing THP, where ever this event takes place it will be hard not to want to go. I like the idea of a place like Scottsdale where there are some top notch courses and depending on where you stay there is the ability to walk to several really good bars and resturants.

Knowing THP, where ever this event takes place it will be hard not to want to go. I like the idea of a place like Scottsdale where there are some top notch courses and depending on where you stay there is the ability to walk to several really good bars and resturants.

Scottsdale sounds awesome, always has to me.

You're right though, no matter where it is, most of us will want to go, we always do.

yup where ever it is, it will be a blast.

Scottsdale sounds awesome, always has to me.

You're right though, no matter where it is, most of us will want to go, we always do.
Scottsdale would be the shizz. Would love to get an event out that way.

Unsure how feasible but I would love to travel to an event around Bandon Dunes/Oregon, that area.
Such a great location that would be!

I've never been to AZ, I'd love to make my first trip with THP!!!

Totally skimming, here, but having lived in AZ for five years (before the population explosion), it's a great place for golf, for sure. It's where I picked up the game, for a short while anyway, before my son was born. Thus ended my golf career until 2005.

I've seen a few mentions of Tahoe and a few mentions of a return to Vegas... what about you take the best of both worlds and go to Reno? You have the option of gambling (albeit a little less epic than Vegas) and plenty of foothill or forest courses. There are quite a few resort courses in the area and it might fit the bill.

Just another option that had not been previously mentioned.

I would support and travel to any west coast event as long as it doesn't cost Colorado the event we are still owed. Our Invitational was taken away in 2013 to make Vegas a two day event and we would be a great host next year.

With that point said, the Pacific NW would get my vote with San Diego a close second.

I would support and travel to any west coast event as long as it doesn't cost Colorado the event we are still owed. Our Invitational was taken away in 2013 to make Vegas a two day event and we would be a great host next year.

With that point said, the Pacific NW would get my vote with San Diego a close second.

Owed may not be the right term buddy.
While it was removed there are a number of reasons for that, including the addition of the Championship.

Owed may not be the right term buddy.
While it was removed there are a number of reasons for that, including the addition of the Championship.

Trust me, I will lobby about this later this month and again in September.

Also, if Arizona and Nevada are considered west coast then throw Colorado in there also. All three do not touch the Pacific.

Is Hawaii considered west coast?

Trust me, I will lobby about this later this month and again in September.

Also, if Arizona and Nevada are considered west coast then throw Colorado in there also. All three do not touch the Pacific.

You can absolutely lobby about it, however I can assure you there were multiple reasons for the pull including how many AC members there are/were after announcement. We just cannot bet on the come as mentioned before.

If I was a betting man, I would say it's going to be in SoCal. Phoenix area is great, but unless you are going to have the event in the middle of the Summer, all of their courses are over priced for the snow birds.

If I was a betting man, I would say it's going to be in SoCal. Phoenix area great, but unless you are going toto have the event in the middle if the Summer, all if their courses are over priced for the snow birds.

I wouldnt worry too much about prices brother. THP has a way to make sure all events are affordable based on what is being offered.

Back