Wilson Staff FG Tour TC Wedges Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP in depth look at the new Wilson Staff FG Tour wedge review. Dan provides everything you would want to know about the Traction Control line here.

http://bit.ly/1i56sMW

Man I love the looks of the Wilson Staff gear. Makes me even more bummed that I can't make it to the Chicago event.

Great thoughts Dan. I have always thought that Wilson Staff offerings have been solid. Very pleasing to the eye and perform on the highest level. It looks like these wedges stay true to form.

I absolutely love the looks of these. From the black finish to the tour sole they are fantastic looking. The lack of lofts is something I could probably get used to if the performance was there on them.

Great write up Dan.

Great write up, Dan! I love the looks of these wedges. W/S really has some great looking clubs right across all their offerings.

Great pics and write-up, Dan. These are lookers and sound like they offer great performance too. I love what Wilson has done with their product line this year.

Wow, each review on the Wilson Staff for 2014 gives one confidence that these guys are making quality goods. The wedge does look awesome. The issue that remains and it is the elephant in the room is that the line is hard to find to give it a try.I know it is wishful thinking but I would think a mom and pop store would be wise to carry and support good brands like this and others versus slugging it out for Taylor Made and Callaway business versus the big box guys.

These may be the sexiest looking wedges ever made. That gray, with the Wilson shield on the back, oh my. Great review Dan.

Great looking wedges and a fantastic all around review by Dan...well done buddy

Really solid review Dan on these new wedges and these particular 2 grinds.

These are definitely some fantastic looking wedges and worthy of giving a try, I think I would want to try the tour grind for it's versatility around the green. Although I'm a steep swinger, I typically don't hit full shots where that traditional grind would be needed.

Love all of the available configurations....35 is nearing a custom wedge at a solid price point.

Really good review! Like the options for loft, bounce, and grind. Easily get a set that would got anyone's game. Big fan of that dark finish, although not so much of how it wears

Glad you guys are enjoying the review. The grind versatility was great.

Really good review! Like the options for loft, bounce, and grind. Easily get a set that would got anyone's game. Big fan of that dark finish, although not so much of how it wears

I'm the same way, although it's pretty unavoidable from everything I've seen.

dan you had these in indy didnt you ? i cant believe i didnt look or hit these.... :banghead:

Those look amazing! Great, dark finish. Wilson Staff continues to make some really great performing equipment.

Great review
Look great i wish they came in a 58*

Although I don't have any W/S wedges in my bag, the W/S C100 irons are pretty damn nice. I just have to get some standard sized grips on them and they should feel better.

Nice writeup Dan. Glad to read there wasn't any real issues between the sole grinds and they performed very well for you. I'm curious, did you find that one option worked better for you in different sand conditions than the other? Or was that not even a situation that came up during your review period with it?

Really great looking wedges.

Been thinking about these. Fell for them at the PGA Show last year while working it, just something about them that I like a lot.

Been thinking about these. Fell for them at the PGA Show last year while working it, just something about them that I like a lot.
Wait a couple months. They have some great stuff coming out, including a pretty extreme finish that a lot of us loved. I think PhillyV has one.

Wait a couple months. They have some great stuff coming out, including a pretty extreme finish that a lot of us loved. I think PhillyV has one.

Already know about that one, not the finish I would game anyhow.

I do. And I'm hoping to get some more play in soon so I can really give solid input but initial thoughts are very positive. Looks great at address. The milling is downright sexy and the finish on mine is just as sexy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I absolutely love the way it looks at address.

I will be gaming these wedges as soon as possible. Love the finish - I am certain ppl will be asking about these wedges shortly.

Just read through the review again and I'm dying to try these wedges as soon as possible.

As a guy who likes the versatility of the J40 wedge for full swings as well as around the green would you recommend the Tour Grind or stick with the Traditional? I know in the review you stated that the Traditional grind didn't hamper you in any way...makes me wonder if the Tour Grind is overkill.

Back