The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it buddy, makes it easier to "see and hit" shots while practicing than trying to visualize out on the range

Ripped the scab of the whoa's me bull rap attitude I've had about golf lately. Hit the range for a couple hours. Worked on every club in the bag. Iron play felt great, tee ball was a little off. Wedge play was decent.

As as a side note, was in full work clothes, boots and all....the looks I get from the "pretty boys" is priceless at times. Makes me laugh people cast judgement based on looks alone.

Ripped the scab of the whoa's me bull rap attitude I've had about golf lately. Hit the range for a couple hours. Worked on every club in the bag. Iron play felt great, tee ball was a little off. Wedge play was decent.

As as a side note, was in full work clothes, boots and all....the looks I get from the "pretty boys" is priceless at times. Makes me laugh people cast judgement based on looks alone.

Good for you. I was hoping you'd do that.

If only that was the only thing we are judged on all would be well.

I'm glad you got to the range dude I know your responses to some of my tweets helped me push through, thank you for that.

Good timing for an awesome range sessions OH!

Went the range again tonight. First time that I have gotten to the range 5 times in 6 days in a very long time. I may have found something that has been effecting my swing. I talked about getting to aggressive in the down swing before, and it looks like I may have gone back to that swing. Tonight, I was about to give up on the practice session, but really wanted to find the problem. Started swinging really slow and relaxed and started making solid contact. I was able to work the speed up a little, but nothing like before. I can live with this progress, but hoping I can get the swing back in order before next weekend.

Another afternoon at the range, good session, starting to get better with the tempo, pretty much just played a round of golf,hit driver then second shots with different yardage to targets. 4 iron was giving me fits till I figured out I was over swinging it. One of these days I'm gonna have to go play a round.

Keep up the good work teammate!

Quick range session tonight with the odds and Berthas. Much better ball striking with the irons with the bucket drill not allowing an inside to out downswing. Felt more compression and good size divots.

I struggled with BB early on hitting some unintentional fades and a slice. Called a buddy of mine over to check my setup and alignment, and it turns out my shoulders were a bit open. I brought that left shoulder in (which felt closed today) and started hitting straight, mid flight drives. Good finish to the session and looking forward to a day off tomorrow!

Another good range session tonight working on putting and set up. Was rolling the ball much better and making some decent sized putts. Followed it up with 9 holes.

Had a 2 hour range session tonight. Spent the first 45 minutes on putting, first working on distance control, as that's what I've been struggling with, and then worked on alignment to finish up. After that, I spent about 30 minutes on chipping, including some sand work. Spent about 35 minutes on the range working with driver first and then 6 iron, trying to ingrain what my teacher told me to straighten out my fade, and it was working nicely. After the range, spent another 10 minutes on the putting green to make sure my form was still good even while I was tired. Felt good, and will get a chance to put it to the test tomorrow during a charity scramble.

FINALLY getting back to the range tonight. Been awhile since Ive had a good range session. Going to work on irons primarily and trying to stay away from the inside and then hoping to spend a bunch of time back on the short game.

Looking at 1 lesson per week until the MC, still aways to go to make me happy.

I like the plan 441.

Much needed range time coming on Saturday. I had a lesson yesterday and I'm not sold on what we worked on. I need to commit some time to the changes and see where it takes me. I think a couple hours will give me a good idea of where I'm at. Plan on spending a decent chunk of time on chipping as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

One part of my game that left a sour taste in my mouth last night was my irons, which have been the rock of my game this season so far. I'm headed to the range, hopefully this evening, to get some time in with them, just a few terrible shots last night.

That's the great thing about golf though, if it was easy to get everything clicking consistently, we'd all be pros.

I like the plan 441.

yeah time to get back to it, going to try and do the same Sat too, sprinkle in the lesson each week and at least 1 round

Will hitting the range at lunch. Need to just bang balls and get my confidence back. Hitting it good at the moment IMO and I want to work on my focus as well as not rushing set up and swing. Need to eliminate blow up holes.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Getting in some good MC range work this morning before work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a very promising short game session last night. I'm really working to get as confident as possible with putts inside 10 feet.

I had a very promising short game session last night. I'm really working to get as confident as possible with putts inside 10 feet.

Nice dude! Love reading this

Grass was closed, so I grabbed a large bucket and went to the dreaded mats. Just hit half iron shots, thinking about turning into a flexed and braced rear leg. It worked out OK, but I'm pretty sure in the back of my mind I kept thinking about smacking the mats and I hit a bunch thin. Driver was OK, still hitting occasional pulls, which I'll take over nasty slices.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I took the old Wilson Staff "Fluid Feel" blades out to hit while I work on maintaining my right knee flex throughout the swing. Below are 7 swings (3 DTL & 4 Face-On).

I felt like I was able to load into my right leg properly about 1 out of 3 times. I hit them pretty solidly over-all, but still, after a year of trying, and even though I have increased my flexibility, I cannot maintain my spine angle the way I should through impact (when viewed down the line). :(

BTW: I had forgotten how huge the difference is between a ball hit in the center of the club face -vs- one a little thin with these old clubs. Thin goes absolutely nowhere.

Last edited:
played 18 as a practice session more than actually playing golf- I made some adjustments to my setup/address position to try and get the hands less involved in taking the club away- stressed keeping the swing short and connected back and then through the ball

what I found this morning is the feel I need to have in my arms & chest to make solid contact and get the proper distance from each club- when I get handsy with the take away I get long in the back swing and this leads to an armsy swing that gets the ball out there but shorter with a higher flight than when I make a connected swing

I also found the shorter(backswing) connected swing gives me much better accuracy as well more distance by bringing the ball flight to a normal/ideal trajectory

I'm gonna have to make a concerted effort to learn distances, especially partial wedges as I seemed to be going long too often

Heading to the range in a few to work on some more short game drills and putting.

My course range has been on the mats for the last few days and it's driving me nuts. So bad last night that I said screw it and walked 6 holes with 21 clubs in my bag hahaha!

Ugh. here's to a weekend full of golf and practice.

My course range has been on the mats for the last few days and it's driving me nuts. So bad last night that I said screw it and walked 6 holes with 21 clubs in my bag hahaha!

Ugh. here's to a weekend full of golf and practice.

mats cause of recent rain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back