The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My course range has been on the mats for the last few days and it's driving me nuts. So bad last night that I said screw it and walked 6 holes with 21 clubs in my bag hahaha!

Ugh. here's to a weekend full of golf and practice.

Fingers crossed the grass is open tomorrow

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

My course range has been on the mats for the last few days and it's driving me nuts. So bad last night that I said screw it and walked 6 holes with 21 clubs in my bag hahaha!

Ugh. here's to a weekend full of golf and practice.

Lol, that gave me a good laugh dude, not at you but with you. 21 clubs?

Mixed day at the range today.....driver was not working at all so my round on Sunday may be leaving it in the bag

Rest of the clubs seemed okay, spent a fair bit of time round the short game practice area and holed a few chips again. Also spent some time on the putting green so most of my game had some work today to try and keep it in shape for Sunday

Got some good short game work in today. Spent a lot if time hitting balls out if bunkers. Still not as good out of a bunker as I want to be but I'm happy with the progress I've made today.

Hit chips for an hour. Nothing over 25 yards.
Putts for 45 min.
An entire bucket with my 8 iron - working on alignment and draws.
Another bucket primarily of 4 wood (both off grass and tee) and driver, working on alignment.

Slowly but surely, progress is being made. Playing tomorrow, with the goal of 33 putts and no lousy chips.

Final tune up before the Minneapolis outing tomorrow. It went great, I made some adjustments with my wedges and they were phenomenal. Irons were great as well. I spent a lot of time adjusting to the Bio Cell+ and it is a bomber.

Hit the range to work on tempo. My bad swings are always with me being too quick & since I haven't played in a couple of weeks I needed it. Also spent time on the putting green with my new Tank Cruiser.

Pretty good range session. Hit irons better than in the past but still not quite there.

Spent an hour chipping, that part of the game is coming along nicely. Much better than years past but still working hard at it to make it lethal.
Wanted to try some sand shots but ran out of time.

Finally got around to working on the putting. Started with lag putts and really rolled the ball well on those in the 25 foot range.

Started shaky with the shorter putts but quickly ironed that out. Will continue to touch up on that aspect of the game off and on.

I want to be an up and down machine when my iron game is off. Nothing is more deflating in match any than that.

Spent about two hours on the range tonight. I think /hope that the swing really is coming around. I can see some good results but nothing consistent. I will be playing tomorrow and hope it carries over.

Hit the range last night before the daily hail storm blew through. Had just rebuilt my irons due to several being loose. Really felt good and wished I could have hit another bucket.

Going out Sunday for some tempo and shortgame practice. Probably spend the majority of my time on the putting green.

Hot one bucket with 6 iron and 9 iron. Worked on shortening back swing and getting aggressive on the downswing without sliding through the zone. The slide limits my turn and keeps me from putting a good follow through. My #1 swing fault. Then another bucket with pw and driver. Trying to focus on putting same tempo on driver as pw. Same mechanics being worked on with shortening back swing and aggressive through the zone without slide. Hit some good shots today. Will take 1000s more to fully ingrain but such is the journey. Tomorrow will be 2 hours on chipping green

At the range today I really wanted to focus on what I'd done at my lesson Thursday. I was discouraged Thursday at league when I tried to en corporate it right away and it didn't turn out that great. Needless to say I wanted to see if I could repeat what I was seeing at the lesson. I started with PW and worked my way up to 7i. I started to notice on my poor shots that I was focusing too much on opening the club face on the take away. When I exaggerated this move I found my self swaying away from the ball and hitting poor shots. When I let the face opening naturally and keep my lower body quite I'm able to deliver the club head back to impact. Over and over again I saw this trend in my shots. I'd step back and reset and keep my lower body quite and good things would happen. After full swing work I went to the practice green and hit about 100 chips off both rough and tight lies. Then I spent about 30 minutes putting. Overall I was happen with my time at the range. I hadn't spent a significant amount of time there in a few weeks. I expect to get another lesson in soon as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Off to the range for a bucket and getting acquainted with my putter

I spent about two hours this afternoon hitting the range.

The course had a really nice practice area, and I worked a lot on the sand game and various pitches and chips. It felt really productive.

I hit hit a few balls after that. I'm working on a couple things, nothing out of the ordinary for me. I'm crossing the line at the top, which is causing me to hook everything. I'm working on keeping my left wrist flat at the top, which keeps the club pointed done the line. Even a slightly laid off club is better for me right now.

Second issue is to keep my swing compact. When I get too long, things get out of sorts. This afternoon had a lot of really nice ball striking. Hopefully I'll have it tomorrow as well.

Picked up a Gogi practice drills guide, will put it to use. Very organized and can provide a quick "lesson" and training to help out.

20140607_232058.jpg

20140607_232111.jpg

20140607_232125.jpg

20140607_232137.jpg

Had an hour before play at the range today--spent much of it chipping and putting. Still had a bad scoring round today-so did some swing work after I got home with the orange whip and tour striker.

Went to the Range with my dad today, something that i can almost never do because he lives in a different state, and worked on my driver. i didnt even have my own clubs, so he let me use his. In the span of about an hour, he helped me turn my *ahem* power fade(Slice) into a slight draw. it was awesome. way more consistent and a little longer i expect. all he had me do was swing a little more in to out and move my feet a tiny bit. amazing what a time at the range can do. He also said i could have the driver i was practicing with, as he uses a new one that he just got, so that is coming for my birthday this month :act-up: today was a good golf day for Ricky

Spent about 2 hrs at the chipping green with just the 58°. Worked on 2 different shots. 50/50 carry/run and the one hop and check. Hit from variety of lies and distances. Came away with good sense of accomplishment. More time with this practice routinw will hopefully give me confidence on the course when I miss the green

80 balls off the tee at my parents house. Hitting into the adjacent field.

Complete disaster. Topping driver. Topping irons. Hooking Altitudes. Hooking everything. Think I hit a decent drive and see 180 to 200 carry on the sc100.

Absolutely embarassed by the state of my swing. Definitely need a couple lessons to get things straightened around.

Had a great range session today. Warmed up with a few pitching wedge shots. Hit a handful of 5 irons to further loosen up and then worked in my driver which has been giving me fits. I put it back down to 9.5 (it's an R1) and I seemed to get more distance back and better control. At 10.5 I feel like I lose them high on the face and off the toe. At 9.5 I find the misses are low and off the heal but there are many less misses. So I think I'll keep it at 9.5. I tested my distance with a handful of found ball and my carry was up over 220 again. I hit the bunker down range with the laser rangefinder and I was consistently hitting over it so I know carry was up from where it has been. Still a slight pull with a Baby fade going but I'll take that over what I've been seeing to this point.

Then from there I went off to the chipping area and hit about 50 balls of varying lies and to the different pins. I actually holed 4 shots which is great for me. I don't do that often. They were of the chip and run variety with a 9i. I would say a good 75% of my chips and pitches were within 3 ft. Doing something right here so hopefully it gets to the course with me on wed!

Putting practice was a challenge. I was working on my downhill speed. Needs some more work! Otherwise I'm feeling great on the greens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orange whip! this is the answer to my current misses--when I channel the whip the swing works again!

The boy and I hit some balls. Mostly wedges for me.

The THP Range/Practice Thread

Went out and played a practice round with my father today. Was nice to not worry about score and just hit shots. Struggling with the driver right now. Scoring irons, wedges, and short game are on point. Best they have ever been.

Went out and played a practice round with my father today. Was nice to not worry about score and just hit shots. Struggling with the driver right now. Scoring irons, wedges, and short game are on point. Best they have ever been.

What the different in driver today vs yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back