Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really equipment but a golf ponder. Pondering flying to the Championship in September rather than driving

Looks like I can get a round trip ticket for 200 bucks or so.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Not really equipment but a golf ponder. Pondering flying to the Championship in September rather than driving

Looks like I can get a round trip ticket for 200 bucks or so.

I drove to the one event I went to at PGA National...it is a long damn way down the coast that far.

I drove to the one event I went to at PGA National...it is a long damn way down the coast that far.

The only reason I was even considering driving was I hate flying with my clubs. But at only 200 bucks I may take the risk

The only reason I was even considering driving was I hate flying with my clubs. But at only 200 bucks I may take the risk

That's a heck of a good deal on price too

Chrome+ is $22.50 at Dicks and Golf Galaxy right now after their 25% off.

Ponder engaged

Chrome+ is $22.50 at Dicks and Golf Galaxy right now after their 25% off.

Ponder engaged

That's a steal right there. Great ball.

Pondering getting another rangefinder. No clue why I got rid of mine. Don't have the free funds right now but I'm going to start researching for something basic that won't break the bank.

Pondering getting another rangefinder. No clue why I got rid of mine. Don't have the free funds right now but I'm going to start researching for something basic that won't break the bank.

I was looking into range finders today as well. I have a Bushnell right now but it's all beat up and I've been having issues with it lately. Any front runners for you so far?

I was looking into range finders today as well. I have a Bushnell right now but it's all beat up and I've been having issues with it lately. Any front runners for you so far?

Well, I had a leupold GX-1 in the past and really enjoyed it. It was very basic but worked exceptionally. I had an internal debate about going with something fancy (more money) or finding something similar to the GX-1. I read through the Kick Butt thread and didn't read anything bad about it. Still have some time to think about it though.

I usually have these same thoughts when pondering electronics and I usually end up paying more and getting the big name brands. Just not 100% sure right now. What are you looking at?

I was looking at the kick butt. I'm just not really sold on it at the moment. I haven't started doing that much research but I'll probably jump on eBay to get an idea of price and go from there. It's not an immediate need for me but I imagine my Bushnell it going to crap out on me soon.

What makes you hesitant with the kick butt?

Rocketbladez or Rocketbladez tour set to replace the R11s

After some launch monitor time yesterday, I'm in hyper ponder mode on a X2Hot 3w to replace my old 4w. I also want to replace my 3h with a Big Bertha 5w, and replace my 5i with a X2Hot 5h. I think it's time to really clean the closet and trade in some clubs.

J40 445 driver. Just because I want to try it... Thinking a 12˚ would be the best option with the low spin it offers.

J40 445 driver. Just because I want to try it... Thinking a 12˚ would be the best option with the low spin it offers.

The only loft in that head I've never spent time with, and likely the only one I SHOULD have been hitting, loft is a must for me in that low spin monster.

Still a great head though, it really is.

Question shaft aficionados. I was fit to a 60g Kuro Kage Black, I'd like to pick one up and fellow THPer has a 50g Black from the Covert. Are 10g going to make that much of a difference? Less weight, theoretically, means a bit higher launch, correct? I am 95% sure I wam gonna pull the trigger, because I don't think it is gonna be a huge difference, but just wanted to make sure.

i think i might need some new irons im gaming irons from 2008 ...i know its sad. i am thinking about getting something more forgiving but with more of a players iron look what do you guys think?

Question shaft aficionados. I was fit to a 60g Kuro Kage Black, I'd like to pick one up and fellow THPer has a 50g Black from the Covert. Are 10g going to make that much of a difference? Less weight, theoretically, means a bit higher launch, correct? I am 95% sure I wam gonna pull the trigger, because I don't think it is gonna be a huge difference, but just wanted to make sure.

Lighter weight does not necessarily mean higher launch. In fact the opposite can hold true as well.

Grips. I need to re grip my wedges and I'm thinking the turquoise I Lines. Then I need to put grips on some Steelfibers coming my way and can't figure out what I want to do with those. Maybe the black I Lines, but I have them on my current set and even though I love them, wouldn't mind mixing it up with something else. Just not sure what yet.

Grips. I need to re grip my wedges and I'm thinking the turquoise I Lines. Then I need to put grips on some Steelfibers coming my way and can't figure out what I want to do with those. Maybe the black I Lines, but I have them on my current set and even though I love them, wouldn't mind mixing it up with something else. Just not sure what yet.

See if you can find last years I-lines. The same grip with the older logo and will be cheaper.

Green THP towel and still a puma soundchuck!

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

The major concern for me would be the "feel" during the swing. 10g lighter can really make the club feel different imo

See if you can find last years I-lines. The same grip with the older logo and will be cheaper.

Ok awesome, thanks buddy. I'm stopping tonight after work to get all the re gripping stuff. It's about time I started doing it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back