Cleveland 588 Altitude Hybrid Irons Preview

You can bet I'm buying another set this fall.

I really want to get my hands on a set of heads, and put them away for safe-keeping.

190 yard 6 irons are fun
178 avg with 6 irons is even more fun

Nice MD.

Found some Speedblades to hit my longest was 177 total avg 170.

Actually hit the steel altitudes longer but dispersion was tighter with graphite

Ugh. Disgusted with my ball striking. Cannot hit a straight ball with my altitudes to save my life.

Me thinks I need some practice time to find my swing again.

Finally took my new 6 Alti to the range today. That thing was automatic for me. I'm excited to put it in play. It feels different than the 4 and 5; it's more of a higher ball flight and a tink sound at impact but I'd be lying if I said hitting the 6 didn't make me think about getting the 7-p.

It's been a year since I first hit the Altis and even though I took them out of play for a while, I'm really enjoying how reliable these are.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Finally took my new 6 Alti to the range today. That thing was automatic for me. I'm excited to put it in play. It feels different than the 4 and 5; it's more of a higher ball flight and a tink sound at impact but I'd be lying if I said hitting the 6 didn't make me think about getting the 7-p.

It's been a year since I first hit the Altis and even though I took them out of play for a while, I'm really enjoying how reliable these are.

Good stuff dude and I know of the "tink" you are talking about.
And I LOVE the launch

Bamboobender hits the hell out of these.

They certainly do have a bit of a hollow sound. Glad you are liking them.

So after some time on the range with the 7 iron I did manage to put a few ugly swings on the club.

And to no surprise it went straight. Not pulled left or cut right but just straight. Was low on the club face off and on and the darn ball still headed right on path towards the stake.

On a night when I didn't swing them as great as in the past they still shine...it's crazy

So after some time on the range with the 7 iron I did manage to put a few ugly swings on the club.

And to no surprise it went straight. Not pulled left or cut right but just straight. Was low on the club face off and on and the darn ball still headed right on path towards the stake.

On a night when I didn't swing them as great as in the past they still shine...it's crazy

They're badass.

Thats what they are.

They're badass.

Thats what they are.

Yeah I was kinda short with them tonight but I wasn't really going at it as my hips kinda hurt a little. I bet out of a large bucket of which I hit half with this 7i I had maybe 1 that was just gawd awful. A number I can live with with that many swings.

I hit my D wedge today on a par 4 which set me up for one of two birdies on the day, but it had a really weird sound when I hit it. Then I realized the head is coming loose. I guess that's what I need for birdies is the head to come loose after a shot. lol

I'm not sure if I should send it back, or just epoxy it back on myself. The tip isn't damaged that I can tell, I guess the bond just broke some how.

Hey Bam, do you hit the 3 from the fairway. If so, do you get enough height on the shot?
I hit my D wedge today on a par 4 which set me up for one of two birdies on the day, but it had a really weird sound when I hit it. Then I realized the head is coming loose. I guess that's what I need for birdies is the head to come loose after a shot. lol

I'm not sure if I should send it back, or just epoxy it back on myself. The tip isn't damaged that I can tell, I guess the bond just broke some how.

Hey Bam, do you hit the 3 from the fairway. If so, do you get enough height on the shot?

I hit it from the fairway often. I get a lot of height if I don't thin it.

Tappin pars

Sweet, thanks. Ive been thinning it too alot. I know its user error. Do you not carry fairway woods like me. Right now Im just using Alts from the fairway.
I hit it from the fairway often. I get a lot of height if I don't thin it.

Tappin pars

Sweet, thanks. Ive been thinning it too alot. I know its user error. Do you not carry fairway woods like me. Right now Im just using Alts from the fairway.

I hadn't been carrying any, but put my FL 3w and 5w back in for the outing in Hudson. I ended up leaving the 3h out for that event. Turned out I didn't really need either the 3w or the 5w and the one time I did try to hit the 5w off the tee I topped it. lol

I used both in my round today with good results, except one big hook with the 3w. Didn't have a need to hit the 3h today, but hit it a bunch on the range.

Just ordered a 3 iron. It's going to replace my 7 wood. I'm going to have my guy give it one less degree of loft to have 3 degrees between the 3 & 4. Super excited to use this for long punch shots as well.

Just ordered a 3 iron. It's going to replace my 7 wood. I'm going to have my guy give it one less degree of loft to have 3 degrees between the 3 & 4. Super excited to use this for long punch shots as well.

I use mine often to get out from under overhanging trees.

ra9y7uha.jpg

Tappin pars

At least it didn't snap, easy fix!

Back