SCOR System Review - Forum Testing

I don't play these wedges, in fact have never hit one, but think it's pretty cool having you guys come here and answer questions for those who are interested. Great job!

The SCORs are very compact and thin toplines. They are somewhat forgiving and very predictable on distance wise. The key to them is the turf interaction. I don't think there is a better wedge out there in the category.

Thanks for the kudos! The patented V-Sole Technology is justone of the innovations that sets us apart, but if I had to choose one thatstands out the most for me that would be it.

JP Sourdellia
SCOR Golf

Just bought a 53 and 57! Pretty excited!

Just want to let you testers know you're not forgotten. When a thread like this goes cold it can seem like it's all over, but there are still people reading it and getting tons of good information. I don't have time to read every testing thread but I always seek them out when pondering new stuff or after I get something new and want to learn more about it. I'm up to page 50 on this one and it's been a great read so far.

Thanks to all the testers, not just in this thread but in all of them, for all the hard work they put in to give us information we can use for years to come.

Based on reading this thread and following up with the testers via private messages for specifics Santa is bringing me 5 new SCOR wedges some time next week for Christmas. I just wish that he would put them on his credit card instead of mine!! Looking forward to these. Unfortunately they probably won't get much use until Spring 2013.

I've been stalking this thread lately. So much good info.

For testers who had the firm flex, how did it compare to other wedge shafts you've played. Would you say they are softer or similar to a stock shaft from Cleveland, Titleist, etc?

I'm happy with the majority of the clubs in my bag but the one area that I really want to sort out is my wedges.

I like what I've read so far about these SCOR wedges and I reckon this is the way forward for me. I play Ben Hogan Apex Edge Pros and I'm looking at getting a set of 3 SCOR wedges to compliment what I have. My 9 iron is 42 degrees, Equaliser 46 degrees and sand iron 56 degrees. I currently have a well worn Cleveland Tour Action 900 60 degree lob wedge too.

I'm thinking of removing the sand iron and Cleveland replacing them with 51, 56 and 61 SCOR wedges.

Do you think 5 degrees is too much of a gap? Should I be looking at a 4 degree interval rather than a 5?

Last edited:
I don't think 5 degrees is too much of a gap. Plenty of people have gaps of 5 degrees or even bigger and they are fine. Go for it if you think that will be best!

I don't think it's too much but I also don't think I personally need a 61* wedge. Just a thought, shrink it down to 4* and go 50, 54, 58. Really depends on preference though i guess.

I had a bit more time to read through this monster thread today and I reckon I'm going to go for 3 wedges - 50, 54 and 58.

Some really great information on this thread. Awesome stuff. :banana:

Only dilemma that I have now is: do I order them and get them shipped to my sister in Atlanta and pick them up in September when I'm over in the US or do I stump up for the shipping to South Africa now. Hmm...

Last edited:
I worked on dialing in the wedges at the range over the weekend. I worked hard on my 10-2 swings and tempo. 50* to 100, 55* to 75, and 60* to 50 yards. The 50 was the most inconsistent, but the rest were pretty good. Obviously, they were range pins and landing on dormant bent rough, but they were pretty consistent.

I could prob be close to a full 55* swing at 100, but want to be more consistent this yr.

I had a good day with my scors today. Full and half shots worked well. I'd been thinning a lot of shots but seem to have that worked out.

Spent some time practicing pitch shots from different lies and I'm pretty sure I love the v sole.

Just replaced my grips on mine for the new season. They didn't even last a year. They probably had 15-20 rounds on them at most. That's the only thing I can really say negative about them. They've been amazing for everything else.

Although my one has some rust on it. It has been there since very early on. I had forgot about it until I got to play a couple weeks ago. Not a big deal overall.

Last edited:
I just waded through all 168 pages of this blog. My goodness. I'm exhausted by the wedgosity displayed.

A couple of points:
1. Thank you very much to the testers who clearly put an incredible amount of time and thought into what they were doing. It was very instructive and very helpful (sufficiently so that I registered with the site to post this message).
2. Kudos to Scor for sponsoring the test and having multiple team members engage with the forum to answer questions, pass on advice and generally show a high level of customer service and respect for their customer. Well done.

Reading through this has almost completely convinced me to by a set of wedges. However, I was hoping that I could ask a couple of questions.

Looking at people's profiles, it appears that some of the people posting seem to still carry the SCOR Wedges while others that had very positive seem to be gaming something else. For those in both categories, how have the wedges held up over the last two years and do you still feel the same about the quality of the wedges, the company, etc.

I am a mid handicapper who does not get to practice / play as much as I would like (I have three kids... nuff said). Are these forgiving enough to not punish me for my lack of practice once I get my yardages dialed in?

Thanks again for everyone's work on this thread. I look forward to your feedback.

Last edited:
If you are a 25 HC this wedge will help you, if you are a 5 HC they will help you imo. I have gamed them for 2 seasons and other then your typical wear they still look brand new in my bag. Although I clean them after everyshot/game

They are the most versatile wedge I have yet to hit, any shot I'm confident I can get it up and down. ( Other then in sand haha )

Been a while since I posted on this thread - but I wanted to update you. I got SCOR to send some wedges all the way here in the UK. They were an instant hit with me and have been in my bag ever since. Saturday - I had a problem - in that my favourite wedge, the 52, lost some of its finish on the bottom of the blade. I was a little concerned so I sent JP a mail.

This was his response:

"Stuart,

It is great to hear from you. I’m sorry you’re having an issue with you club. The finish should not be coming off like that. We’ll cover it under warranty. I’ll have the guys build one up for you and get out today.

JP"

A little later, I received the despatch confirmation.

WOW. That is customer service - customer service that I am not used to! Absolutely fantastic.

Game-changing wedges, backed by absolute top-drawer customer service. You cannot beat that.

DB -

Thanks for the response. Sounds like you're safely in the continued love camp. Glad to hear that they are holding up for you and are continuing to deliver.

I think I'm officially on board. Now all I have to do is figure out what set of clubs I want to build around my wedges. As I've done a little research I've been amazed how many sets have completely upside down gap structures (5* at the bottom, and a tight cluster of 3* at the top of the set). Doesn't seem to make much sense to me, but I'm admittedly an equipment noob.

Regards

Hello everyone

I did not read this entire thread but I have read a lot about the scor wedges and last night I did this

SCOR4161 Matched Set of Five
(Hand: Right, Loft for 1st: 42, Loft for 2nd: 46, Loft for 3rd: 50, Loft for 4th: 54, Loft for 5th: 58, Shaft: Graphite - Genius 7 UST (75 grams) +$15/club, Shaft Flex: Regular, Shaft Length: Standard, Lie Angle: 3 flat, Grip Size: + 1 Wrap)

I am really excited to give these a good working over on the range very soon...

Hello everyone

I did not read this entire thread but I have read a lot about the scor wedges and last night I did this

SCOR4161 Matched Set of Five
(Hand: Right, Loft for 1st: 42, Loft for 2nd: 46, Loft for 3rd: 50, Loft for 4th: 54, Loft for 5th: 58, Shaft: Graphite - Genius 7 UST (75 grams) +$15/club, Shaft Flex: Regular, Shaft Length: Standard, Lie Angle: 3 flat, Grip Size: + 1 Wrap)

I am really excited to give these a good working over on the range very soon...

Congrats on the new sticks. Hope they will treat you well. Be sure to come back and post your thoughts on them.

Back