The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

I shared with my team how I challenged myself yesterday and played in a state tournament at a local country club. Course was set up difficult, it was wet, the rough was thick, and the greens were still fast. Just to give you an image on the course, think the tree lined course of Caledonia with the multi tiered greens of True Blue. Anyway, stepping out of the comfort of playing with friends, this gave me a good look at my game. Did everything go smoothly? Did I shoot a personal best or set the course on fire, hell no. Why would I pretend that it did? I know what needs to be done, I saw what was working and what wasn't. I saw first hand out game management can save a round and how poor course management can't be detrimental. Playing in a county tournament on Friday on a course that will play just under 7000 yards. I don't expect to score well, but I am going in with things I know I need to keep focus on. I stepped out of the comfort zone, took a right cross to the chin, but I'm still standing and ready to fight on.

Good work Dean. I have been doing the same thing. Playing on an Amateur golf tour this summer. I have played in 3 events so far and it was done the same intentions that you spoke about. Putting myself in different and uncomfortable surroundings under tournament pressure. Like you I wasn't out there lighting the place on fire actually in my first event I played the worst round of golf I have played in years. Each time out it has gotten better and hopefully I am gaining some experiences that I can look back and call upon when needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Solid plan DDEC..... It is amazing what you can learn when you have some nerves on you and just watching other players

Focused Ddec would be tough for his opponents to face. Good luck buddy.

Looking forward to the afternoon round with the big D myself Erik! Every moment will be special and Ultimate in each of the very tough matches!

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Just got to read your post Dean. *slap on the back* Great job man!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

If I am playing Dean, I'm bringing a mouth guard, sounds like he is gonna throw a right or two in his matches. #gladiatorgolf

In all seriousness, good post brother, it's cool to see how everyone pushes themselves to get better.

Love it Captain my ex-Captain Dean! Personally, this is one of the best ways to find out where you are at in your game when you put yourself in uncomfortable and unfamiliar situations leading up to the MC. I play 3-4 tournaments a year that does exactly that and you find out just how well your swing holds up. You have the right attitude in your approach to it so learn and enjoy from playing in it!

Great post Dean!

Testing yourself is always good. It will either defeat you or make your stronger. My assistant Captain is going with the stronger path. I for one think you are going to play much better this Friday Dean and carry that into July.

I just read the last few pages, I LOVE all the support each of you are giving one another.
You guys are working your tails off to give your team, your sponsors,THP, and the world one hell of a ride!

I can't say how exited I am for you guys!, I know it is not even a fraction of what you are going through.
You are truly rock stars, embrace the moment, and seize the day!
You've practiced tirelessly, and faithfully, even when maybe you weren't feeling it. You are on the forum sharing ideas on equipment, practice, and playing.

It is no secret this event is truly special, and it is filled with 40 special people.
Thanks guys for everything you're putting into making this event what it is!
Thanks for the volunteers for supporting this event and bringing it to us!

Thank you to THP And the sponsors, because without them none of this would be possible!

I just read the last few pages, I LOVE all the support each of you are giving one another.
You guys are working your tails off to give your team, your sponsors,THP, and the world one hell of a ride!

I can't say how exited I am for you guys!, I know it is not even a fraction of what you are going through.
You've practiced tirelessly, and faithfully, even when maybe you weren't feeling it. You are on the forum sharing ideas on equipment, practice, and playing.

It is no secret this event is truly special, and it is filled with 40 special people.

Thank you to THP And the sponsors, because without them none of this would be possible!

Bro this forum is filled with exceptional people, you are truly an exceptional human being.

I just want you to know..............that if we were allowed to have caddy's at this event, you would be my first choice. #OneGoodDude

I just want you to know..............that if we were allowed to have caddy's at this event, you would be my first choice. #OneGoodDude

We talked about that yesterday. CJ just lives and dies golf.

CJ.. thanks for your words. You are an awesome dude and your attitude is quite contagious!

CJ, what an awesome post. Your infectious love for golf and anything THP is so awesome. Being one of the lucky guys to have shared a round with you, I know you mean every word and I hope that we can do it again sometime very soon buddy #RTJ!.

Thank you for supporting all of us and #THPMC.

JM

CJ I can't wait to meet you. Thank you for doing this.

Just a little bump as to not forget this great event coming up in 6 weeks

Dangit. I better start practicing!

Ha. Oh man, I cannot believe it is so close. Hate running out of time, but I know I'll never feel prepared enough.

Dangit. I better start practicing!

Ha. Oh man, I cannot believe it is so close. Hate running out of time, but I know I'll never feel prepared enough.

Me neither. I just booked my first lessons ever too....

Couple more for me before the event hopefully, but it's going to be a busy 6 weeks with other things too.

I will have 3 more lessons before I leave for MB. It's amazing how times flies

Can't wait to get to MB. Ready to get to work.

Couple more for me before the event hopefully, but it's going to be a busy 6 weeks with other things too.

Always is !!

Have to say I love that it's getting real

Have to say I love that it's getting real

Getting?! It's been real for a long time.

6 weeks from today people will be knee deep in morning matches.

Back