Could you shoot better than 88?

fupresti

Former Big Deal
Reaction score
Handicap
Marriage
I saw that Toru Taniguchi shot an 88 at Pinehurst today in the US Open. If you were playing well, who thinks they could beat him?

Nope...7500 yards is another game and those conditions aren't like anything we have experienced

Not me and not at that course. Funny I shot an 88 today and any pro would and could be in the 50s at this place hahahha

On that course? No way. Not just the distance, but the greens, the composition of the "native areas." Too many parts of Pinehurst #2 requires the kinds of the shots you can't really practice, IMO.

Not on my best day.

Not a chance in hell. Let's be honest with ourselves, that yardage is just brutal and add the conditions with the pressure there's just no way. I'm sure some #internetgolfers will shoot 68 tho

No way most pins were tucked a bit plus being hard and fast would make it hard to hold the green with long irons and woods

Nope, not me. Maybe a 118

7500 yards and par 70. Not a chance in the world. With all that waste area crap and the crazy tough greens there at Pinehurst, no way. I'd like to think I'd break 100, but probably not.

On a good day...better than 88...not likely, break 100, yes.

But I hate the idea that I would start a round with a negative thought like this. I would start off with a score much better than 88 on my mind, and then what ever score I would play, I would put in perspective.

That might be the # for most of us i guess the real question is could you break 100

At those distances and under those green conditions not a chance, not even on my best day.

No way. I would probably be another 10-20 strokes higher. 7500 and par 70 is looooong.

I just think of holes like the 542 par 4 today......... I mean seriously? Just no way

I think I could be in the 90s but don't think I could be in the 80s the distance wouldn't bother me as much as those greens

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

That's a definite no for me.

I think I can take on that course and break 100.

Yes.

On the front nine.

Actually a good question. Id definitely love to try. However I dont think id beat an 88 in those conditions

No way for me on that course under those conditions

No comment..... :bulgy-eyes:

I'd like to think I could break 100, but even that I am not convinced of. That place is no joke.

I can barely break 90 playing whites from 6000..... 7500 is just insane!

PoW!!!

Canadan can!

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Back