Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't need it. You're welcome to it Beags if you have a use for it.

I had nothing but problems with mine. There was a firmware update that broke Netflix and neither company would take ownership. It is now sitting in a box and I have a Fire TV and absolutely love it.

Just watched a vid on the Amazon phone, I love me some Amazon so naturally I'm intrigued.

Just watched a vid on the Amazon phone, I love me some Amazon so naturally I'm intrigued.

I am definitely intrigued. Enough to switch carriers and nab one? Not really. But I do love Amazon.

Think I am going to finally jump and grab a tablet today. Haven't decided which one yet any recommendations? Not going to do that much with it just a laptop replacement for quick surfing at home really.

Think I am going to finally jump and grab a tablet today. Haven't decided which one yet any recommendations? Not going to do that much with it just a laptop replacement for quick surfing at home really.

SP3 just launched today I think....

Really in serious ponder mode over a new android tablet. My Toshiba Thrive seems to be dying a rather steady death. Not sure what I am going to replace it with at this point. Open to suggestions.

Be the ball!!

I just upgraded to the Samsung 8.4 Pro and absolutely love it.

Set up my iPad 2 with iOS 8 Beta. Doesn't run too bad for a super early Beta on a super old machine.

I just upgraded to the Samsung 8.4 Pro and absolutely love it.

What about it do you like more than the Note 8 or other previous tabs?

What about it do you like more than the Note 8 or other previous tabs?

Size is perfect. Loved the Note 8, but both the screen and pure speed of this one are just awesome. I have not really liked too many of the previous Tabs.

Have to admit it came with 12 month supply of free Gogo Inflight, which essentially made the tablet free for me, since I travel so much.

Size is perfect. Loved the Note 8, but both the screen and pure speed of this one are just awesome. I have not really liked too many of the previous Tabs.

Have to admit it came with 12 month supply of free Gogo Inflight, which essentially made the tablet free for me, since I travel so much.

Gotcha, I have the Note 8, but its not quite doing it for me. I really wanna kick my laptop to the curb, but not finiding a vaible option yet.

Ended up grabbing a Surface 2 from work didn't realize we had them. I am not nuts about windows 8 RT and not having a ton of programs to install. I am going to give this a go for a few weeks but I may decide to get something different on my own anyway.

Sent from my Surface 2 using Tapatalk

I'm pondering a Galaxy Tab 4 to replace my Nexus 7 that died on me. It would be for similar uses as the 7.

Gotcha, I have the Note 8, but its not quite doing it for me. I really wanna kick my laptop to the curb, but not finiding a vaible option yet.

Only thing I have tried to do that as of yet is the newest Surface Pro.

I'm pondering a Galaxy Tab 4 to replace my Nexus 7 that died on me. It would be for similar uses as the 7.

Solid choice Vman.

Only thing I have tried to do that as of yet is the newest Surface Pro.

Its a real ponder at this point, im just not sure any device is close enough yet

Got my Surface Pro 3 in on Friday. So far, it's been a bit of a learning curve but that is because Windows 8 is a pain in the rear end. All the directions on how to do things on Windows 8 seemningly assume you have a mouse, so right clicking with a tablet (or the bluetooth pen) is impossible. There are ways around it, just took some digging to find it out. Overall, the Surface is a much better note taker than the iPad, and I think it's going to be a very good, lightweight replacement for my laptop. Plan on putting it through its paces when I go overseas in a couple months but have no doubt that it will perform admirably.

I wish they had at least one more microSD card slot, but what they have is more than Apple offers with the iPad.

Pondering a new phone, as im just getting tired of my s4 and it cant be bootloader unlocked bc its verizon.

Nothing really new out besides the s5 though.

yeah, not exactly....
different apps are slowly being approved to be used with CC, and the best one IMO is still youtube.
like 441 said, you can just cast your Chrome browser....(or actually your entire desktop BETA), but that's not really meant for viewing video within the browser.

I'll try that tonight. I was using the Chrome browser. But, I may have missed where the Cast button is for the entire browser.

Same wavy looking thing (like a crooked wifi signal) you'd see on Youtube if you wanted to cast just a video in the upper right hand corner of the browser where the setting button, etc is located. I find full browser casting is a little choppy vs just video for us.

I figured out how to cast the browser. It does work. But, video was choppy. I don't know if it's due to the laptop being older, with XP. But, I'm going to try again this week, from my wife's 2014 Samsung Note. If it's choppy from that, then the Chromecast will be going back to Best Buy.

Got my Surface Pro 3 in on Friday. So far, it's been a bit of a learning curve but that is because Windows 8 is a pain in the rear end. All the directions on how to do things on Windows 8 seemningly assume you have a mouse, so right clicking with a tablet (or the bluetooth pen) is impossible. There are ways around it, just took some digging to find it out. Overall, the Surface is a much better note taker than the iPad, and I think it's going to be a very good, lightweight replacement for my laptop. Plan on putting it through its paces when I go overseas in a couple months but have no doubt that it will perform admirably.

I wish they had at least one more microSD card slot, but what they have is more than Apple offers with the iPad.

I would love more info on this. Does the 12in size bother you compared to the 10 of the ipad? So you have the regular keyboard or the upgraded one? Are you using it as a laptop replacement or more of a tablet?

Anyone have experience with Digital Antenna's? We are moving in a new house next week and are contemplating kicking cable tot he curve and use a combo of the digital antenna and a few pay subscription services

While in Nashville last week staying at the Hilton I logged into the free internet and since I'm a Hilton Honors member there was a "click and win" game sponsored by Hilton and USA today.

I clicked the button and was immediately notified that I had won a Microsoft Surface 2 Tablet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While in Nashville last week staying at the Hilton I logged into the free internet and since I'm a Hilton Honors member there was a "click and win" game sponsored by Hilton and USA today.

I clicked the button and was immediately notified that I had won a Microsoft Surface 2 Tablet!

Congrats im rather jealous!

that right there is pretty awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back