2014 U.S. Women's Open (SPOILERS)

Congrats to the winner -- hadn't been much of a fan of hers because of her PGA stuff and the hype around her over the years. Good though to finally see her get US Open - nice gesture by other players to come out to congratulate her, including Stacy Lewis.

Things couldn't be going better for LPGA with Lexi winning and now Michelle. Gonna be interesting to see how they market this momentum.

Congrats to Michelle Wie. I have pulled for her a lot over the years. Nice to finally see her get a big one.

Good things for the LPGA in the US!

Maybe... just maybe, after Michelle's Open win, television, and the Golf channel in particular, will take the LPGA more serious and give them the coverage they deserve' just maybe, but I doubt it and that's a shame. The gals Open, at Pine Hurst was an incredible show. Every bit as entertaining as the men's. Congrats Michelle.

That was pretty awesome to watch Wie do that. Going to College and getting to be a teenager sure seems like it did her some good.

Love to see the sportsmanship between the women on tour. Seeing Stacy Lewis come out and congratulate Michelle Wie was a really cool gesture. LPGA is having about the best year they could imagine.

Great tournament for Michelle, just watching her do the things she does on the course makes me wish I was that flexible. I really enjoyed watching the back nine today.

I was hoping she would finally get her major. Hope now that the monkey is off the majors will start flowing.

Great win by Wie, that putting style makes my back hurt, but man she putted really well all week.

The women's tour is really in a place to grow with her in the US, Lexi, Stacie Lewis, Creamer plus all the talented imports that have been doing so well the last few years.

That was pretty awesome to watch Wie do that. Going to College and getting to be a teenager sure seems like it did her some good.

I was actually talking to a couple guys during my round Saturday about that point.

It it could have been easy for Wie to burn out and leave golf with stacks and stacks of nike's money. Instead, she essentially took the time away from her career to be a college student and earn her degree before focusing solely on her game.

Wie is a tremendous talent, and I'm glad that she appears to be back on track for her career.

the only thing Michelle Wie did wrong this week was win the US Open on a Sunday when USA played Portugal in the World Cup..........

the only thing Michelle Wie did wrong this week was win the US Open on a Sunday when USA played Portugal in the World Cup..........

At least she didn't end up in a tie..

Very happy for Michelle Wie. Nice two wins in '14. A home town win and a US Open. Hope she keeps it going and wins some more!

Glad she won, I think she's great for the game of golf.

Great viewing Sunday - my wife & kids actually watched the end along with me (and they NEVER watch golf & NEVER miss an opportunity to tell me how boring it is lol!). It's nice to see Wie rising above all the crap (admittedly, much of it self-inflicted) from her early teen years. She certainly seems popular with her fellow LPGA competitors.

Hard to believe she's only 24, and the same age as Annika when Sorenstam won her first major! This might be the beginning of some really good times for the LPGA - strating to see a lot of young talent other than from South Korea - I think the popularity of the LPGA will be shooting up fast among casual fans.

16th hole looked like a potential collapse with that unplayable lie -----good that she didn't pull a Van de Velde - kept her cool, birdied the next hole, won.
24937065.jpg

I had a busy weekend, so I missed the tournament. I did see the putt Wie made on 17 and her finish on 18. Glad to see her hold on and get the win.

JB can we get a witb for Ms. Wie? Unless it was already posted and I missed it

Sassy pants.

After working both the men and women's Open the past two weeks. It was fun to see the differences in the way golf is played between the two tours. Pinehurst and the greens keeping staff handled it rather well. USGA did their best, but did fall short in some areas. The course did look brown and not as "appealing" on TV, but in person is really wasn't bad.

I thoroughly enjoyed the coverage of the U.S. Women's Open this year. I've always felt like the girls just never get the recognition and props that they deserve. Definitely good for the LPGA that there are some very talented American women on the tour.

I thoroughly enjoyed the coverage of the U.S. Women's Open this year. I've always felt like the girls just never get the recognition and props that they deserve. Definitely good for the LPGA that there are some very talented American women on the tour.
There are some very talented young women out there. The future of their tour looks very very strong. Not just American women.

Back