2014 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
2014 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

Great kettlebell workout this morning. Trainers got really creative with this one. Tonight I'll be going to swing a bunch of shafts to nail down my MC molder, so hoping my legs come back. Good test of how well I might swing them fatigued though.

Solid drop last week, which means I'll bust into the 170's next week. Almost there.

Solid drop last week, which means I'll bust into the 170's next week. Almost there.

Damn dude. That's fantastic

Damn dude, that is awesome. I, too, expect to bust into them next week. Hovering at 182.1 right now according to the scale and expect that to drop by 2 lbs by a week from today.

Damn dude, that is awesome. I, too, expect to bust into them next week. Hovering at 182.1 right now according to the scale and expect that to drop by 2 lbs by a week from today.

Also great.

Damn dude. That's fantastic

Thanks guys.

We are just about the same now JB. Hard to believe, but 25lbs less than when I was down there in April. We'll be looking trim in Myrtle Beach. Too bad my shorts will be two sizes too big lol.

Thanks guys.

We are just about the same now JB. Hard to believe, but 25lbs less than when I was down there in April. We'll be looking trim in Myrtle Beach. Too bad my shorts will be two sizes too big lol.

Nothing like the ole cinch where the belt is on the wait and the shorts are two inches lower.

Nothing like the ole cinch where the belt is on the wait and the shorts are two inches lower.

LOL yup. I was too conservative in my guess for waist size and waited too long to ask for a different one, but what are you going to do. It should be ok though. Just glad the shirts will be right.

I had a big setback last week while we were gone. We ate terribly with no exercise, and somehow JB loses weight and of course I gained 3lbs. It took me almost a month to lose that and 1 week to gain it back. That is so damn frustrating!

There is a lot going on right now both personally and professionally, so I haven't had a second to get a workout in, but I am really hoping to get one in this afternoon around lunch time. I need it badly!

Stupid life getting in the way. You'll get it back GG!

School is finally out. Hoping to really focus on this and get in here much more often. Running 4 tonight

I had a big setback last week while we were gone. We ate terribly with no exercise, and somehow JB loses weight and of course I gained 3lbs. It took me almost a month to lose that and 1 week to gain it back. That is so damn frustrating!

There is a lot going on right now both personally and professionally, so I haven't had a second to get a workout in, but I am really hoping to get one in this afternoon around lunch time. I need it badly!

Just get back on track and I bet those few pounds will come off faster than they did last time. The post bad weekend always looks worse than it is. You've got this.

Three mile run tonight. Started out way ahead of normal pace, but that eventually caught up to me and was dragging a little at the end. Still, a solid pace. Felt good to get out there. Busy week and I haven't had a lot of time to devote to exercise.

Three mile run tonight. Started out way ahead of normal pace, but that eventually caught up to me and was dragging a little at the end. Still, a solid pace. Felt good to get out there. Busy week and I haven't had a lot of time to devote to exercise.

3 miles is no joke!

I ran 2 this morning and another 1.5 this evening.

I hate running. Hate it. Im slow, it sucks, and Im slow. But, it works.

That's the thing dude. It really does work! I can get in a groove, but yea. Sorta sucks lol.

3 miles is no joke!

I ran 2 this morning and another 1.5 this evening.

I hate running. Hate it. Im slow, it sucks, and Im slow. But, it works.

This. If you put the miles in - the weight comes off. Period

4 miles last night with some hill work. Felt ok, but out of shape

Stronglifts. It's a pretty good program this far. I'm not bored with it on the least. It's simple and yet super effective

Well I stood on the scales last night, and after only a week of walking home from work, it appears that I have lost 4 pounds already :D

Looking forward to seeing more weight drop off over the next couple of months

That is solid loss right there TD! Nicely done friend.

One urge I have for every THPer that uses a weight room. Please clean the weight off the bar or put your dumbbells back on the rack. It is one thing that grinds my gears most in the gym. Common gym etiquette. I spent 10 minutes after my workout cleaning bars and 2 of them had the previous users still in the gym.

Don't be that guy

Would that be a gym troll? :alien:

One urge I have for every THPer that uses a weight room. Please clean the weight off the bar or put your dumbbells back on the rack. It is one thing that grinds my gears most in the gym. Common gym etiquette. I spent 10 minutes after my workout cleaning bars and 2 of them had the previous users still in the gym.

Don't be that guy

My gym pet peeve too! Drives me crazy when I see others get off the treadmill, dripping with sweat like they just stepped out of the sauna, and they walk right by the station with cleaner spray and wipes. No consideration for the next user. I pre and post wipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back