2015 THP Events--Where and Why? Lets Discuss

Oh I didn't know you were serious...my bad

About Chicago I wasn't lol. Des Moines has done well though. Still, with the way events are structured now, I don't know if its a good match.

So many good options have been presented. I will add my $.02.

San Antonio
RTJ golf trail is fantastic - Birmingham isn't a terrible airport.
Denver area
Phoenix/Scottsdale (cause I am a homer)
Anywhere in SoCal
NC - Pinehurst area has so many good courses, check out Dormie Club. One does need a car, tho.
Does OHIO have any good places? Cincinnatti? Easy airport, major hub, could work.

Chicago always confuses me, I don't understand why it has not worked there

About Chicago I wasn't lol. Des Moines has done well though. Still, with the way events are structured now, I don't know if its a good match.

KC always gets a ton of votes. I will be honest though and say up front, that so few from KC have ever traveled to an event including Branson or others nearby, makes me very apprehensive. Which is a shame because for a smaller event, its a solid area.
I can totally understand that, hopefully if there is another one, the showing is better.
KC is easy travel ( and the upcoming SW changes are making it really easy for a bunch more locales).

KC event in the past did not have a great turnout though...
I was thinking about the SW changes as well. I actually check KC as a hub now for flights, the added drive isn't too bad.

Chicago always confuses me, I don't understand why it has not worked there
It's way up there and a long drive from all directions that have a bunch of thpers. I have however noticed more folks in that area and surrounding states than before.

Could maybe be with TCI building that hotel.. not sure on cost, it may be extremely high, but we have done well in Des Moines, and we are doing one in Southern Iowa this weekend with a good amount of guys.. #freakiniowa

I'm a big fan of southeast coast events, particularly NC/SC. Something in Myrtle Beach would be good, especially early in the season. Has Georgia ever hosted an event?

Something on the RTJ trail as others have said. The Birmingham and Mobile offerings are quite nice. Travel would be pretty easy for most within the SE and airline travel wouldn't be out of the question at all either. Generally speaking the RTJ courses fit THP requirements for conditioning etc. and offer a good challenge.

The Atlanta area would be good as well and each and every FL gathering has been a conflict for me but I am determined to play a THP event in that market.

Other area's that intrigue me but I know NOTHING of regarding suitability would be:

OK
West Virginia
Minnesota
Washington state Seattle area? Love it up there, but have never played golf there.

JM

I'm a big fan of southeast coast events, particularly NC/SC. Something in Myrtle Beach would be good, especially early in the season. Has Georgia ever hosted an event?

They have done Atlanta at least a couple of times

I would vote Kansas City as well as it is an easy 2 hour drive for me. I did attend the Adams event in Dallas this year, but would like to go somwhere different if I am traveling. I wasn't able to attend any of the Invitational events this year, because of my vacation with the family, but did have a blast in Branson and would go back there.

1. Dallas (given)
2. West Coast - Southern CA/NM/AZ
3. Florida - Tampa/Miami/Jacksonville
4. KC/St. Louis - Would love to support my boy TexasHacker up there.

I'd love to contribute but honestly haven't done much traveling golf. I've played in Arkansas, but I won't throw that out there :D I just like the idea of being somewhere warm when it's frigid up here...

Another place to check out would be Bucks Run Mt Pleasant. I know they have stay and play specials also.

And I might know a guy there also!

Talk of 2015 is exciting, even though there is a lot of great stuff left in 2014.

Well, heck I couldn't even make the event in my backyard, so I don't know how much my input will be valued.

Philly-so many members already right there, and I couldn't tell you how many more within a 3 hour drive. But I would think certainly enough to fill the event in seconds. Lots of great courses, easy access. Lots of sight seeing things for the family, if it is during the summer and guys want to bring the family along as part of a vacation.

Raleigh-Already mentioned, but I'll second it for all the previous reasons. Easy airport and Interstate access, close enough to the powerhouse of GA, that those boys could easily make the trip, and reasonable enough drive for those of us anywhere in the Mid-Atlantic.

Pittsburgh-Maybe thinking outside the Box, but it is central to some areas that seem to have very strong activity in outings local and Invitationals. Ohio, MI, PA, NJ, MD, VA and others.

OK, enough of east coast.

Memphis-Almost as Central as you can get, maybe not the easiest airport in the world, but certainly not the worst. But I would have to think that the number of AC members within a 4 or 5 hour drive of Memphis has to be huge!! Again, some off course activities for the family as well.

KC-I know it was covered above, but of all the possible central US cities that could be chosen, it's probably the one I could justify trying to make (although not a promise). Have family there, that I'm long overdue in visiting.

Thanks as always for everything you guys do to make these events happen.

Well - here it goes.

The Madison area has some nice courses. Milwaukee has some great golf. The Kohler area has 5 world class courses (has hosted 4 majors and a future Ryder Cup).

I loved Des Moines as well. A return trip to TCI could be a blast.

Chicago for sure.

I know Cog Hill has other courses other than Dubsdread. Are they all private or can daily play be allowed on the others? Not saying Mike couldn't work his magic, but assuming if he can't get the big one, he could get the others

I know Cog Hill has other courses other than Dubsdread. Are they all private or can daily play be allowed on the others? Not saying Mike couldn't work his magic, but assuming if he can't get the big one, he could get the others

Much better places in that area for much less money. Yea, they have other cheaper courses, but still.

Raleigh-Already mentioned, but I'll second it for all the previous reasons. Easy airport and Interstate access, close enough to the powerhouse of GA, that those boys could easily make the trip, and reasonable enough drive for those of us anywhere in the Mid-Atlantic.
The Gauntlet at Lonnie Poole, UNC Finley, and Duke University Golf Club would be awesome. I agree, Raleigh would be an awesome time even at one of those courses.

Arcadia bluffs, Forest Dunes both nationally ranked courses...

Who wants to come to michigan??!

Well - here it goes.

The Madison area has some nice courses. Milwaukee has some great golf. The Kohler area has 5 world class courses (has hosted 4 majors and a future Ryder Cup).

I loved Des Moines as well. A return trip to TCI could be a blast.
wasn't THP just in Wisconsin and you missed it?

Albeit a homer call, I'm surprised that Kohler hasn't been mentioned. Granted it would probably be a great setting for a couples event, 4 great courses there and not TOO far from Milwaukee's airport. That said, something around the Charlotte area would be nice as well. Denver would be among my top choices, and I'll pile on saying KC would be a good option travel wise as well.

Back