The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

If every hole at TB and Caledonia was a severe dogleg left I would break hearts all day long. I owe it to my team, the competitors, and THP to figure this garbage out.

Well, a few setup well for that hard hook.

Others....not so much.

I have no doubt you will get it straightened out.

If every hole at TB and Caledonia was a severe dogleg left I would break hearts all day long. I owe it to my team, the competitors, and THP to figure this garbage out.

Still have time left to get it straight. Don't put too much pressure on yourself.

It will come. Keep working man. I hope everyone gets as much out of this thread as I do. Just such a great motivator.

Keep up the work everyone. The time is almost upon us.

#CantWait

JM

I'm not satisfied with where I am currently. I know it's not good enough to reach my goals.

But I'm going to keep getting a club in my hands and keep doing work. I'll be ready to go when the bell rings.

That's where I am too, not exactly where I want to be but considering where I was, it will be ok. It'll be good to see you again dude.

That's where I am too, not exactly where I want to be but considering where I was, it will be ok. It'll be good to see you again dude.

One of the bro hugs I'm looking forward to the most.

Can't wait.

Everybody has bad days. I wouldn't stress about it too much. Sometimes you work so hard that you forget exactly what you're doing. It's always darkest before the dawn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

31 days and we will be getting down to business. 40 players, 5 incredible sponsored, 5 teams, two superb host, two awesome course, countless hours of volunteers work and one goal. It's been a very long 8 months for me and I imagine for a few others as well.

I am very happy this event is looming on the horizon. I am so ready to get this event under way. I am so looking forward to the big exhale once I am in the presence of my brothers, friends and family. Every inure of this event will consume each and everyone of you in so many different ways. Hell, this year's feeling for me is completely different than last. The event feel is completely different.

The he event is on the horizon now and rising into view. Soon it will lite the skies in your world and it will be a brilliant light, I'm sure of it. Last minute 'fine tuning' or 'prep' is great. Glad to see so many pushing hard to the end. I hope the hard work has some sort of validation for each and every person.

31 days boys, that ain't nothing. I do 31 days a few times year. Oh but at the end of this 31 days is the best damn golf event ever. BOOM,

Well said Pandaman!

To think ill be on my way to Myrtle in less than 30 days is intoxicating!!!

To think ill be on my way to Myrtle in less than 30 days is intoxicating!!!

My wife is now posting True Blue photos to my facebook feed. I think she's as excited as I am.

OK, you and I both know that's a lie, but, man, less than a month away!

To think I'll be playing along side KC for one round is right up there!
haha round 2 will be exciting for sure with two great competitors and my partner!!!
My wife is now posting True Blue photos to my facebook feed. I think she's as excited as I am.

OK, you and I both know that's a lie, but, man, less than a month away!
I know dude. my wife had been talking about this trip for months now lol

Panda if your day job ever doesn't work out, you can certainly make money being a motivational speaker. I always get excited seeing you post in this thread. It's instant motivation and really makes you think how close we actually are. There isn't much time left to make the push to get better boys. I know every every round, every practice session, every shot, every putt mean something to me. It's a way to test my self and put pressure on myself to perform. Everything counts now.

I just realized, we are going to MB. How awesome is that! No just kidding, I knew we were going but it's fun to act like I forgot. Just makes me all warm inside. Can't wait to see my golf bag with so much Bridgestone love in it. Can wait to see what it's everyone's bag either. Omg, what it am going to wear? I'm serious, we have no clue, how sweet is this. Schwing! Schwing!

Well said Freddie. I can't wait to get to MB and work with the rest of the volunteers to help make this the best Morgan Cup to date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just realized, we are going to MB. How awesome is that! No just kidding, I knew we were going but it's fun to act like I forgot. Just makes me all warm inside. Can't wait to see my golf bag with so much Bridgestone love in it. Can wait to see what it's everyone's bag either. Omg, what it am going to wear? I'm serious, we have no clue, how sweet is this. Schwing! Schwing!

You said it! All I kniwbis 9am and not a second early a second late.

In other MC news, I found Freddie's doppelganger at a local municipal course today. Far left.

sa6utyra.jpg

Rap-a-tap Tappin' on my SG4

It still seems so surreal yet is within arms reach. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't drift off into the future and find myself amongst 39 other guys, family, friends, and volunteers. I think I'll have to stop several times and just look around, because as soon as it gets here soon after if will be gone. The funny thing is that the only thing that will be gone will be the long hours of intense prep, tears, smiles, and sweat. In it's place memories, more tears, more sweat, and a newfound appreciation for the game, the journey, and THP.

Let's go out there and dazzle the viewers with some amazing battles and awesome golf!!!

Speaking of viewers, this event gets more viewers than I think most realize. This event is HUGE and it always nice to see the number of visitors the threads get. Just wait til the videos come out and you get to relive that shot on four or that interview in the middle of the 16th fairway. Omg...this is going to be so much fun.

Can't believe it's almost here. I can't wait to see some old friends and meet some new ones.

I finally finished watching all of the coverage from last year. I was sort of frightened of the format before, but now I'm really looking forward to alt shot. It looks like a great time. Who am I kidding, I'm looking forward to all of it.

One of the cool things for me personally is that even though I have done this before, I still feel like I have no idea what to expect. This event is so much bigger and so much better than when I did it the first time that it might as well be a completely different THP event. I am excited to get there Wednesday and meet the rest of my team, who I feel like I have known forever, and the other guys we have shared this journey with (volunteers, players, and families alike). I'm actually excited that my family is not coming along (wife and I discussed exactly this), so that I can give my full attention to soaking all this in as if I will never get to have an experience like this again. I'm excited to walk out to that range and fist-bump JB, hug Morgan, and meet HashtagChad, shake his hand heartedly, and thank him in person for all Callaway has done for us staffers. I'm excited to see what all of the work we've all put in on our games looks like in person, and to see the great matchups unfold over the course of Saturday, I'm excited to write down an order for Sunday singles and see the matchups the Golf Gods produce, I'm excited to see the final round of action develop and a winner of this magnificent event crowned, and I'm excited to share that last evening together before we all go our separate ways.

I had a moment last night where reality set in of just how close we are and how much work still needs to be done. I had what I am hoping to be my last lesson before the MC and my coach was very hard on me..... He simply said you had been playing too much because alot of the old characteristics that have been in the swing are creeping back in. I realized that I had been spending too much time on the course and not staying with the gameplan of hitting balls on the range and playing. I have been satisfied with my scores and am not upset with what he told me it just showed that maybe I had relaxed a little on certain parts that I thought were going great instead of giving the attention to all parts of the game. Glad to know I have a month to tighten things back up and get rid of those few swings a round that could cost my team a valuable point. Ready for this last month to throw those last few ounces of sweat into this to be in top shape in July. Lets do this!

Forget anything that you know from the past events. Clear your minds of what you could expect in a few short weeks. Because I have a feeling it's going to blow all our thoughts and preconceived ideas out of the water. I had a few guys ask me early on when I first got into the 2014 MC why I wanted to do it again because I've already done it. Well, I have a few personal reasons but I also wanted to do it again because I knew JB and Morgan would do it bigger and better than before. I've been around here too long not to know that by now.

I have a really good feeling that come Sunday evening before the THP van drives away I'll be able to look at Josh and Morgan and say, "Mission Accomplished".

#CantWait

Well, I have a few personal reasons but I also wanted to do it again because I knew JB and Morgan would do it bigger and better than before. I've been around here too long not to know that by now.

Well said Nate. Though I had personal reasons that prevented me from applying this year, it doesn't prevent me from being insanely jealous of you guys. I can imagine the fun you're going to have, and it can only be even more this year.

I've been a bit....reserved....on all this lately as it pertains to this thread, and that is for a variety of reasons but namely a LOT of other things on my mind. Thankfully those things have gone from stressors to proud and excited things.

I've had my game face on for the #THPMC, I fully admit that and I make no apologies for it. I've been on edge with it because I expect a lot out of myself not just for me, but for my teammates, for my family, for THP. With that things have the tendency to get a bit...snippy...at times and I apologize if I've offended anyone along the way for that, as anyone who knows me knows that I bleed THP and I bleed the meaning of this place. It means the world to me in more ways that I could ever articulate into a single post.

But I won't apologize for being competitive, the point of an event, of a competition, is to want to win. I know that there are 32 other THP'ers outside of Team THP that WANT to win, that desire to win, that have also driven themselves to win. Isn't that amazing to think about, people putting it all on the line to reach levels they have never attained and in some cases never thought they would. A home and a game that brings us all together in a myriad of different ways and relationships.

I won't stop being competitive, I won't stop being focused, I won't stop being driven. But, I also will NEVER stop being here for and believing in each and every one of you. Sunday night when we all gather around, exhausted, drained, and PROUD....that will be an amazing moment.

You are all my family, you will always be my family. The end game is upon us, the competition is near, the drive will increase, the nerves will increase, and MONTHS of passion will be laid on the line. I'm proud to be going into this with all of you, players, volunteers, and visionaries alike.

Back