2014 Morgan Cup - Media Day Is Now Staff Sponsor Day

How long I spend on the range Friday will depend a lot on how comfortable I feel with the new equipment. I will not get much chance to hit the irons in advance. But, I was fitted for them, so, expect that there shouldn't be much adjusting required. Just need to verify distances.

How long I spend on the range Friday will depend a lot on how comfortable I feel with the new equipment. I will not get much chance to hit the irons in advance. But, I was fitted for them, so, expect that there shouldn't be much adjusting required. Just need to verify distances.

I'm right there with you ken, I plan on getting to know these rather well on Friday

The 4 week countdown is underway.

Absolutely crazy to believe we are that damn close.

#GetExcited

That's kinda how I'm feeling. Going to be a bit odd to go from off the shelf irons to fitted irons, but I suspect that the adjustment period will be quick. For me the biggest question is in the short game, especially wedges. But even that should mostly be "They spin how much?" and being able to be more aggressive with my chips.

One month left. Can't wait.

I'm right there with you ken, I plan on getting to know these rather well on Friday

I see you and I right next to each other working through our bag. I definitely wanna roll some putts with the new flat stick as well. #RangeRats

Although I don't see much of a obstacle getting to know the irons. For me it'll be getting used to the FW and Hybo really.

For me, I'll have been playing with mostly everything in my bag except the 4W, which is something I will probably spend a good bit of time with on the range, and will probably play with it off the tee a bit in our practice round on that Friday.

I'm with you Brad, been fighting the new putter style a lot. Very glad I decided to get some extra time with it. As for the rest of the bag, pure distance acquisition will be the goal. With seeing added distance, I believe they will fall into my normal carry down at lower elevation. Which is what I was hoping for.

I see you and I right next to each other working through our bag. I definitely wanna roll some putts with the new flat stick as well. #RangeRats

Although I don't see much of a obstacle getting to know the irons. For me it'll be getting used to the FW and Hybo really.

The irons for me will be the biggest challenge I think, but if I can get comfortable with some distances quickly it will be a game changer. I'm focused right now, it's like an erie calm lol, it's weird.

Im going to have to take a que from the vets and dont go crazy

Let me give you a learning lesson from the Grandaddy crew. Eat a healthy breakfast the morning of Media Day.

The morning that we went to the ECPC, I caught a lot of grief for eating oatmeal and yogurt for breakfast while everyone else ate bacon, eggs, waffles, etc. But, towards the end of the range session, there were several tired pups watching me continue to hit balls at the range.

Considering how hot and draining it will be, proper fueling and hydration will be essential. Donuts should be a staple, of course.

For me, it'll be more about dialing in distances, and getting to know the woods and wedges, which are often what takes me the longest to get used to. The irons are playing at the same loft/lie as my current set, which I was fit for, so that won't be a huge change. I set my bag up to look similar to what I have now, so once I get an idea of a few clubs distances, it should be easy to go from there.

For me, it'll be more about dialing in distances, and getting to know the woods and wedges, which are often what takes me the longest to get used to. The irons are playing at the same loft/lie as my current set, which I was fit for, so that won't be a huge change. I set my bag up to look similar to what I have now, so once I get an idea of a few clubs distances, it should be easy to go from there.

This will be part of my plan as well. Can't freaking wait

Let me give you a learning lesson from the Grandaddy crew. Eat a healthy breakfast the morning of Media Day.

The morning that we went to the ECPC, I caught a lot of grief for eating oatmeal and yogurt for breakfast while everyone else ate bacon, eggs, waffles, etc. But, towards the end of the range session, there were several tired pups watching me continue to hit balls at the range.

Considering how hot and draining it will be, proper fueling and hydration will be essential. Donuts should be a staple, of course.

Yes please follow this guys lead. His methods work well....:D

Still unreal to me how close this is. I checked my countdown app ( doesnt everybody) and see what has turned into a matter of days.

A meeting of the masses with 40 staffers, sponsors, the leaders of thp and the awesome volunteers. Goosbumps just thinking about it...

Totally true. One day closer!!

Indeed mpeterson, at first I thought it would be the wedges that needed the most attention but I hit the irons again the other day and got 3 different distances with a 7 iron lol and they weren't close lol. Gonna need some range time to figure those distances out..

Indeed mpeterson, at first I thought it would be the wedges that needed the most attention but I hit the irons again the other day and got 3 different distances with a 7 iron lol and they weren't close lol. Gonna need some range time to figure those distances out..

Woods for me, the low spin characteristics will make this a quick study. Wedge setup is the sane as current setup not worried about the irons. Putter will get a work out!

Woods for me, the low spin characteristics will make this a quick study. Wedge setup is the sane as current setup not worried about the irons. Putter will get a work out!

Putter is a great call.

Once I groove a swing, that's probably what's going to get the most time. Bonus of not wearing me out either.

I don't think I'll have any other trouble than to just check the iron distances, and I can't see it would be a problem, just to know how I hit PW to 6 iron.

Getting re-acquainted with the KBS iron shafts (have had them before and tempo is key), woods and wedges too.

Getting close boys!

JM

I don't think I'll have any other trouble than to just check the iron distances, and I can't see it would be a problem, just to know how I hit PW to 6 iron.

Have you figured out your loft issues from last year?

I'm pretty confident with my iron game, and the wood section is good as well, as long as I leave the 3 wood in the bag. No loft issues anymore :)

Seeing as I've already spent time with my setup except the irons, it'll just be checking iron distances. Easy peasy.

And soaking in all the AWESOME around, that will be the most important part.

One day closer means one day closer to be blown away by what will occur that day. I am not worried about getting acquainted with my irons, although I will be running through the bag for distance checks. For me the study will be with the hybrid and putter.

Back