The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

Well said Freddie. The next 4 weeks will be relaxing and having fun for me. It's time and will be time for the excitement to begin. I can say I dream about this everyday. I'm ready for some practice rounds.

Agree with just about everything freddie however I do think in 1 month with the effort you can "work out" some kinks. Definitely not time for swing changes though

Agree with just about everything freddie however I do think in 1 month with the effort you can "work out" some kinks. Definitely not time for swing changes though
Especially with short game. Little tweaks in this time frame can make a huge difference.

Yep, the short game never sleeps.

I am all tuned up and tuned out! My next month will be a relaxing time, nothing pressing. My game is solid and if I get beat, it's because I ran into a better player. Not because there are holes in my game. I know I have the game to hang with most except for Trout, BigTime, Spicoli, Dan, David, Mojo, TNT, Parshooter, Mward, Donne, wcbm, howzat, kang, brad, Christian, amart, adam, manard, flog, Seth, Andy, wardf, Nebraska, Zenger, mpeterson, jerseynate, castor....at the MC anything can happen and anything will happen.

Your games are set boys. There is no more to be learned or worked out. Coming in 4 weeks will be the chance to show yourselves that the last 8 months, smiles, jokes, anger, frustration, trash talk, club selection, weight loss and a host of other things was all worth it. No more fine tuning, just hanging in to what you have, trust me you'll be searching for it on the first tee. It will be all about muscle memory at that point.

I know you guys will all succeed, trust me, you all have done so already. Don't look to Sunday, look to that first tee and let the rest infold through out the seconds, minutes and hours that follow. The work you've done will show itself every step of the way. Boys the day will be yours, breathe it in, feel it on your skin, taste it in the air. Savor it and live it. The MC is at your feet, don't miss it looking past it. This is the greatest damn golf event for a damn good reason. 4 Saturdays from today you'll know exactly what I am taking about.

Seriously, Freddie, this post just got me amped up to 11. You've got a way with words that just puts it all out there. Seeing you in Dallas, you're the epitome of cool, and one of the nicest guys around. Can't wait to spend some time with you down in Myrtle Beach.

Watched some 2013 Round 2 coverage today. That's going to be a fun one. Once we get past the rotten 2nd hole. I have nothing but bad memories of that one.

Yep, the short game never sleeps.
Agree! practice on the short game just makes the awkward 60 yard shot (or whatever your off distance is) seem natural.

Freddie, I really like this thought.... No stress, just be blessed to be on this journey and give it your all.

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Freddie, I really like this thought.... No stress, just be blessed to be on this journey and give it your all.

Proud Member of #TeamParadise
After the work to get here, I plan to enjoy the payoff and have fun. About 6 months ago I joked that if I got down to an 18 handicap I'd spend the whole time with a "I'm just happy to be here!" grin on my face.

After the work to get here, I plan to enjoy the payoff and have fun. About 6 months ago I joked that if I got down to an 18 handicap I'd spend the whole time with a "I'm just happy to be here!" grin on my face.

We will have a good time without a doubt.

Watched some 2013 Round 2 coverage today. That's going to be a fun one. Once we get past the rotten 2nd hole. I have nothing but bad memories of that one.
Haha maybe we will tee off on back to start lol

I'm tired from the weekend. Had a great time. Played some good golf. Short game let me down this weekend. Not used to greens that fast. Only a month left. I will not be leaving anything in the tank. Heading to the range for some short game work. Funny thing is that my wife just gets it now. She said that she is proud of me for wanting to even go after playing 18 and driving 5 and a half hours. I owe it to my teammates as well as THP and the other 39 participants to bring my absolute best to the Morgan Cup.

Dev,

You are going to rock this buddy! I am so proud of you for how far you have come since the beginning of this thing.

Awesome following along with your dedication Dev. The hard work is showing!!!

Ricky is going to bring some some pain to people at the Morgan Cup.

Sure glad I have have to deal with the Ricky on day 1! Keep up the hard work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm tired from the weekend. Had a great time. Played some good golf. Short game let me down this weekend. Not used to greens that fast. Only a month left. I will not be leaving anything in the tank. Heading to the range for some short game work. Funny thing is that my wife just gets it now. She said that she is proud of me for wanting to even go after playing 18 and driving 5 and a half hours. I owe it to my teammates as well as THP and the other 39 participants to bring my absolute best to the Morgan Cup.

I don't think my wife is there, and that has made this journey harder. Every time I want to go to the course or the practice range, I feel I have to try and justify it with her and bargain for the extra time. I think as it's getting closer she's starting to come around, but I have a feeling all of this time away from the house right now is going to cost me in August. Still, putting in the time so I have no regrets when it's all over.

I don't think my wife is there, and that has made this journey harder. Every time I want to go to the course or the practice range, I feel I have to try and justify it with her and bargain for the extra time. I think as it's getting closer she's starting to come around, but I have a feeling all of this time away from the house right now is going to cost me in August. Still, putting in the time so I have no regrets when it's all over.

Same boat my man. That's why I was pretty surprised when she said that tonight. It's been hard on her and I don't blame here for being upset sometimes. I am probably not playing golf until September after the MC. Hahs

Question for the Vets. Am I going to be burnt out after this and need to take some time off? I am holding off on committing to golf post-MC because I feel after all this work I am going to need a breather.

Totally understand man. I've had plenty of conversations with my better half about how we can make it work. With 3 kiddos it makes it a bit harder to get in the time I want. I took August off last year after the MC and I have a feeling I'll be doing the same again this August.

Question for the Vets. Am I going to be burnt out after this and need to take some time off? I am holding off on committing to golf post-MC because I feel after all this work I am going to need a breather.
I was buddy both physically but moreso mentally. Just needed a break. Plus those rounds by yourself after this event just aren't the same.

Didn't play again til like right before vegas...will try not to go so long this time

Speaking to Buck this weekend he said it's such a let down not having anything to really play for. so I guess it depends on what you have planned afterwards.

MC Hangover is legit. I think I took a month off from golf last year after Myrtle just because not much compares to this experience.

Ryan - My wife has been through this before, and does understand, but that still does not allow me to do golf activities on family time 3-4 times per week. We all do what we can, and at the end of the day, as long as we can look ourselves in the mirror and be able to say we did the best we can, then your conscious will be clear. Try not to stress to much over this.

As others have said, there is definitely a more severe hangover after the MC than with other THP events. I mean, we will have put between 5-8 months into this ride, and in the blink of an eye, it is over. If you can give yourself another goal, then the duration can be lessened, but it is tough regardless. After my last one, I didn't go back to a course for 2 months. Given the fact that the sponsors are not giving us our gear until we get there this time, I would surmise that we would be requested to provide some feedback in the appropriate threads after the event, so I'm going to try my best to get back out this time as soon as muscles and honey-dos allow.

Ryan I am there right with you. With me traveling two weeks out of the month it has been difficult justifying coming home and spending several hours at the range. My wife hasn't been the happiest of campers over the last seven months and I owe her the world for allowing me the time that she does. We are on vacation starting Thursday for the week and I'm debating whether I take my whole bag of clubs. Probably will sacrifice and bring just the putter and wedges for some early and I mean early short game work. Hang in there man because you aren't the only one.

Also don't get me wrong, my wife does support this event and wants me to succeed as well. Just need to give her back some time for her to relax and do what she wants. :)

Back