SeeMore Putters Thread

^^^ This,

the m6 has a single line, which makes my pre-shot routine simple and repeatable.

Read the green and pick my line
aim 'aid line' on ball towards my target line
line up single line on m6 with ball's 'aid line' while hiding red dot
stand over the ball and let it rip

Alex proved forever in Franklin that I should never ever ever ever ever use a line on a golf ball.

I struggle with eye dominance, I'm finding more and more no line allows me to take the eye dominance confusion out of the equation. See the line, pick the spot, set up, go. With more lines I'm noticing its easy to get caught up on fiddling with getting the lines to look "right" at setup and losing focus on my chosen line.

If you are willing to experiment with a plumbers neck, let me know.

Interesting. I feel lost without a line on mine

I lined the ball up to what I felt like was at the target, Cody put a laser on it, he turned off the lights, my line was about 3 feet right of the hole on a 15 foot putt.

Plus, for me, with a line I focus on getting the line perfect rather than focusing on the putt.

Alex proved forever in Franklin that I should never ever ever ever ever use a line on a golf ball.

I lined the ball up to what I felt like was at the target, Cody put a laser on it, he turned off the lights, my line was about 3 feet right of the hole on a 15 foot putt.

Plus, for me, with a line I focus on getting the line perfect rather than focusing on the putt.

Makes sense. On the course for me, I do better on putts from 10+ feet out when I align the ball line with my "path line" that I see the ball going. Then I make sure the putter line is going the same way & make the putt. Otherwise, I get over the ball & when I look at the cup I change where I'm aiming because it looks different now.

I wonder if Alex feels the same way & has the same advice for evveryone or was this just for you James?

I know for me I have to think left (which because I naturally aim right means center) when I setup. I felt that putting a lot of weight on my heels helps also with bringing my aim back toward the center.

Makes sense. On the course for me, I do better on putts from 10+ feet out when I align the ball line with my "path line" that I see the ball going. Then I make sure the putter line is going the same way & make the putt. Otherwise, I get over the ball & when I look at the cup I change where I'm aiming because it looks different now.

I wonder if Alex feels the same way & has the same advice for evveryone or was this just for you James?

Said Alex the first time but it was Cody. Brady taught me to only use a line on the ball from 8 feet and in, I asked Cody his thoughts on that. He isn't against using a line, he made the point that if you are going to do that then in practice every singe putt in that range you need to take the time and use the line, otherwise when you start doing it on the course you will focus more on the line on the ball than the line you want to roll the putt.

I know for me I have to think left (which because I naturally aim right means center) when I setup. I felt that putting a lot of weight on my heels helps also with bringing my aim back toward the center.

I'm talking the line on the golf ball, not at address, if I'm having to think left while adjusting the ball line then it's going to look insanely left to me when I get over the ball, my eye dominance has proven that. I want no thoughts over the ball than placing the putter to roll the ball over my point, and go.

Had 34 putts this morning. Granted, the greens are wet & not mowed at 6:30 am, but I feel like I'm making tentative swings. I guess I just need some serious practice time on the greens prior to a round at some point.

Too bad I loaned my Putting Professor to MikeDean to get him prepped for the Morgan Cup lol!

Said Alex the first time but it was Cody. Brady taught me to only use a line on the ball from 8 feet and in, I asked Cody his thoughts on that. He isn't against using a line, he made the point that if you are going to do that then in practice every singe putt in that range you need to take the time and use the line, otherwise when you start doing it on the course you will focus more on the line on the ball than the line you want to roll the putt.

I'm talking the line on the golf ball, not at address, if I'm having to think left while adjusting the ball line then it's going to look insanely left to me when I get over the ball, my eye dominance has proven that. I want no thoughts over the ball than placing the putter to roll the ball over my point, and go.

Both of these comments are why I use the line. Like you, I want zero thoughts when standing over the ball. For me, the simplicity of lining up the two lines and then covering up the red dot while I take my stance negates (the thoughts). Before I used to address the ball... look at the hole... readjust... look at the ball/hole again and get happy feet... now all of the alignment is done prior to me addressing the ball... I realize this doesn't work for everyone, but I've been happy with the results thus far! Jman, what is your pre-putt routine?

Both of these comments are why I use the line. Like you, I want zero thoughts when standing over the ball. For me, the simplicity of lining up the two lines and then covering up the red dot while I take my stance negates (the thoughts). Before I used to address the ball... look at the hole... readjust... look at the ball/hole again and get happy feet... now all of the alignment is done prior to me addressing the ball... I realize this doesn't work for everyone, but I've been happy with the results thus far! Jman, what is your pre-putt routine?

View putt form behind, pick line and point I want to roll over, address feet together with ball on front foot, sole putter, space feet, take a look, rock shoulders.

Guys who have golfed with me can vouch, I take NO time dwelling over putts.

View putt form behind, pick line and point I want to roll over, address feet together with ball on front foot, sole putter, space feet, take a look, rock shoulders.

Guys who have golfed with me can vouch, I take NO time dwelling over putts.

I'm thinking I need to free up my routine some more. I'm feeling too mechanical again & leaving everything short.

Last edited:

Haha ain't that the truth.... I would feel terrible for my playing partners if I used a line on my ball to putt.. #SlowPlay

BIG UPS to Seemore! I had an issue with my Seemore putter grip. I contacted Seemore and 3 days later I had a new grip courtesy of Jim Grundberg. They have the greatest customer service and a loyal Seemore user in me!

I struggle with eye dominance, I'm finding more and more no line allows me to take the eye dominance confusion out of the equation. See the line, pick the spot, set up, go. With more lines I'm noticing its easy to get caught up on fiddling with getting the lines to look "right" at setup and losing focus on my chosen line.
I had to read this post three times to make sure I wasn't the one who posted it. In the handful of times I've experimented with a line on the ball, it was UGLY. I aligned the marker line up on my target line of my putt, then when I addressed the ball, I couldn't convince myself that what I was seeing was correct. There's no way that line was pointing where I needed the ball to go, and my stoke would compensate for what my eyes were "seeing" at address. Again...confusing and UGLY. The more solid white I see at address, the more putts I see dropping.

I had to read this post three times to make sure I wasn't the one who posted it. In the handful of times I've experimented with a line on the ball, it was UGLY. I aligned the marker line up on my target line of my putt, then when I addressed the ball, I couldn't convince myself that what I was seeing was correct. There's no way that line was pointing where I needed the ball to go, and my stoke would compensate for what my eyes were "seeing" at address. Again...confusing and UGLY. The more solid white I see at address, the more putts I see dropping.
Its intriguing. Im just the opposite. I have a problems believing the line. If I dont use a line theni talk myself outta the putt. Similar problems different solutions... gotta love golf

I hate that feeling of standing over a putt and not trusting your read. It happens to me all the time.

The aid less db4 has really helped. I see less to worry about.

Its intriguing. Im just the opposite. I have a problems believing the line. If I dont use a line theni talk myself outta the putt. Similar problems different solutions... gotta love golf

whatever it takes to get that damn ball in the hole

Too many times have I stood at address and questioned the line on the ball. Sometimes it was right and sometimes it was wrong. The last couple rounds I've moved away from the alignment aid and I've been more confident in my line. I also pay more attention to the alignment. More putts missed dead center means I've got the line...now I just gotta get the speed.

Serious work and videos will be made with the X2 this week. Cody will get me confident again!

I ordered two different ones. :)
To me it looks like the actual putter. I could be wrong tho. We will see what shows up.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Wait... are those prices right!?!?!?!?!?!?

And what exactly does "uncut" mean?

If it just shows up with a raw shaft, I'll effing take it!!!

I already ordered the grips and trying to figure out the measurements and potential counter weights now.

Back