Things That Irritate You On the Course?

People who walk around in your line of sight and shuffle around when you're trying to hit. Especially on the green, I've had people do nearly a full circle around me when its my turn to putt, and I find it pretty annoying. I just think it's proper etiquette to stay quiet and not moving in line of sight.

My wife has taken up the game this year and she knew going in there were many crucial rules of etiquette to follow. The first couple of rounds she was the proverbial "deer in headlights" anytime someone was hitting or putting.

So she would hit her 40 foot putt, take two steps and freeze while the next player prepared to putt. So I explained that she could take the route behind the next player to play and be moving as long as she is out of the their field of vision, then stop when they place the putter behind the ball. She's been a quick learner.

I become irritated when things don't go exactly how I'd like them to.

Just as annoying as the guys who talk really quiet but think you can't hear them. What's so important that it can't be said in 3 seconds?

I would pretty much prefer that they just talk at a normal level, I can't stand when they are whispering around you.

I would pretty much prefer that they just talk at a normal level, I can't stand when they are whispering around you.

They usually just talk behind your back.

#imsorryimnotsorry

People that don't replace divots or fill them in the fairway or off of par 3 tee boxes and people that don't fix ball marks on the green

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Camp Casey Golf Course....ARE YOU KIDDING ME????? 5 hours 5 minutes to play 18 holes (9 x 2) and water available on only one hole. Round should never take longer than 3 hours. Never again. Guess what Korean golf players, every hole is not a PGA tournament and you are not that good anyway.

The fix to a 5+ hour round.....

10537813_10202610297924281_90237776_n.jpg

Last edited:
Cigarette butts !!!!!

People who play the tips who have no business playing them and slow everything down. Case in point yesterday at Cypresswood with playing THPer Johnny Hack and his crew, foursome in front of us all kids (mid 20s) playing tips, first par 3 for them 215, only one hit the green the others weren't even close.

Beverage carts that turnaround when they see you
Holes that are crazy tight all down the right side
Stupid water gift in front of the tee box
Stupid bunkers
Stupid bunkers with 1/2" of sand over concrete like ground

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Playing behind a 5 some who can't even keep up with the 6 some in front of them. Oh, and a course who doesn't split up a 5 some or a 6 some on a Saturday afternoon...

Playing a course where the fairway is literally the same height as the rough. Like literally, I'm not exaggerating.

To the courses credit, the fairway mower is out of commission, and they are using rough mowers to take care of the fairways.

Still annoying though.

~Rock

Unannounced course closings.

People in the group who insist on being totally drenched before heading in.

Those bugs that fly around your head. Especially the fly you've gotten several good swats on, but only seems invigorated by the fact.

Incorrect yardage listings.

Prickers and poison ivy just off the fairway.

Greens that are hidden from the approach shot.

People who play the tips who have no business playing them and slow everything down. Case in point yesterday at Cypresswood with playing THPer Johnny Hack and his crew, foursome in front of us all kids (mid 20s) playing tips, first par 3 for them 215, only one hit the green the others weren't even close.

I am not being a dck... but what does their age have to do with it?

I am late 20s and I play with a few mid 20 year olds. We do not play from the tips, but our course has 2 par 3s that measure over 210 yards from the 2nd tee box. There has been a many of time that NONE of us have hit the green. However, we are all 8 handicap and below.

Maybe, you just used that one hole as an example, however, I dont think them missing the green on a 215 yard par 3 is a good example.

Fixing your divots and replacing ball marks. Literally takes 5 seconds.

Played with 2 clients and my boss today. My boss, who smokes, had no problem discarding his butts on the course. I called him on it, to which he went off on me saying it's a f-ing golf course so who gives a s--t...! He made an ass out of himself and both clients came up and stated that it's a pet peeve of theirs too.

Played with 2 clients and my boss today. My boss, who smokes, had no problem discarding his butts on the course. I called him on it, to which he went off on me saying it's a f-ing golf course so who gives a s--t...! He made an ass out of himself and both clients came up and stated that it's a pet peeve of theirs too.
Yep, people using the course as a damn ashtray is still my biggest pet peeve.

People incorrectly fixing their divots is a distant second.

As a smoker, i never understood why cig butts are all over the course when theres a trashcan at every hole. I will admit sometimes i put my cig down to hit a shot and forget to pick it up. To the guy who says korean players need to stop acting like every shot is a pga shot, you had me dying. I play with some single digit korean handicappers that are my buddies and one of them totally does this. Whether its for money or not, it does annoy the hell out of us. I always call shot clock or ready golf just to annoy him or to let him know.

People throwing things into your line of site in the middle of your backswing on the tee.

People throwing things into your line of site in the middle of your backswing on the tee.

Does this happen often, or are people messing with you?

Other people on the course in general. Just leave, I like to have the course to myself, thanks.

Just a weekend experience. I was not amused.

Yeah that is a definite no bueno.

No way. ..can't say that's happened to me in all my rounds. Definitely not needed

Would definitely be re teeing if that happened to me.

My biggest pet peeve on the course is people playing really close to you. i.e. my group tees off on a par four and goes to our balls, by the time we hit again the group behind is already teeing off and dropping balls within 10 yards of us. have some patience

Back