The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

Your daily bit of match play wisdom:

True. On both courses.

Pssh, like that guy ever won a Morgan Cup..! :alien:

I can't wait to hear the Deano chutt stories. I hope he drains a few 60 foot chutts for Canadan!

Thanks for dropping that nugget Amol, it is so true!

I can't wait to hear the Deano chutt stories. I hope he drains a few 60 foot chutts for Canadan!

I tried the chutt last night in league and it did not go how I planned... Lol. Need to work on my short chips.

I just watched his Playing Lesson on the Golf Channel. There isn't much tom can't do with a golf club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just watched his Playing Lesson on the Golf Channel. There isn't much tom can't do with a golf club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I recorded it and am watching it now! Great stuff!

Back to MC talk--I am finding now this close to the event, that I am not overhauling or trying to take on new processes or swing changes--just trying to lock in what's there now and focus on keeping the bad habits from coming back under pressure.

I beat to my own drum as some of you know. My brain is wired to not get into the moment till the moment is upon me. This seems to save me from the buildup but then I'm forced to deal with it on the spot. Pros and cons with this. But guaranteed that when the weekend before the event happens and I find myself on the range Sunday night for the final time, the moment will hit me and I can't wait for that moment.

Cannot wait for Friday morning with everyone. Especially knowing nothing will be the same as years before. The twists have me on the edge of my seat.

Driving down in less than 3 weeks. Can't wait to meet 7 best friends I never knew I had, 32 friends and competitors I never knew I needed, and the Best Damn Golf Event Period. What a wild ride it's been, and it still feels like there's a lot left to be done.

Driving down in less than 3 weeks. Can't wait to meet 7 best friends I never knew I had, 32 friends and competitors I never knew I needed, and the Best Damn Golf Event Period. What a wild ride it's been, and it still feels like there's a lot left to be done.

Can't wait to meet you, Steve. Only thing left to do is to enjoy the last few weeks and take it all in.

I had a realization this morning that this thing is freaking CLOSE! I've been planning on getting some compression shirts and shorts to wear down in Myrtle, and putting it off and putting it off, but I realized that it's now or never to get it all ordered. Something about that fact just gets me excited.

To me, this experience feels like having my first child. Leading up to it there's a lot of stuff I needed to do to get ready that I've never even thought about before (golf lessons, tons of range time, new equipment); I have no idea what I'm getting myself in to, but everyone say it's going to be awesome; the closer it gets, the harder it is to sleep; and I know the actual event will leave me exhausted and in a bit of a haze with so much going on, but in the end I know it will leave me with a TON of great memories. That, and I'll have to be extra careful taking my new baby (staffer full of awesomeness) home with me.

Also, please don't tell my wife I compared a golf event to the birth of our son, she might not appreciate the comparison like you all should.

I think in a lot of ways I am in denial that this journey is coming to a culmination. I mean, I know that in three weeks, I'm going to be waking up in a villa at True Blue and heading to the tee boxes at Caledonia with my team for our practice round. I know that I will finally get to meet the rest of Team Hackers in person after talking and texting with them for the past six to eight months. I know I will get to shake the hands of the other four captains, and congratulate them on navigating this very tricky buildup process with success and minimal drama (one of the main things the five of us discussed months ago, but notable none the less). I know that I will get to share this amazing golf weekend with 45 outstanding THPers (including the volunteers), representatives from the incredible sponsors, and Josh and Morgan. I know that I will get to play two awesome golf courses, I know that I will be wearing outstanding Callaway apparel, and I know that I will walk out to something better than Christmas morning.

I know all of these things are coming, but on one hand, it can't be time for all of this already, and on the other hand, this kind of stuff doesn't happen to normal folks like us. Except it is, and it will, if only on this one special weekend.

Golf wise, I am ready. Emotionally, not so much. Packing my apartment and moving into our new home 3 days before I head to the MC has been a massive emotional roller coaster and has been taking its toll on me. I just need to push through. It will make being down there that much sweeter. I will be coming back to NJ to my new home. Exciting / nervous times ahead. I will say that I am really excited to get down there and meet all of these people I have been talking to through this whole process. You guys have all kept me sane throughout all of this.

Golf wise, I am ready. Emotionally, not so much. Packing my apartment and moving into our new home 3 days before I head to the MC has been a massive emotional roller coaster and has been taking its toll on me. I just need to push through. It will make being down there that much sweeter. I will be coming back to NJ to my new home. Exciting / nervous times ahead. I will say that I am really excited to get down there and meet all of these people I have been talking to through this whole process. You guys have all kept me sane throughout all of this.

Lol benedryl for the ride down.

Ricky you will be awesome man. When you get frustrated deal with it and then move on to the next shot or hole.

A little tip I use with the Junior golfers, 10 seconds you have exactly 10 second to get pissed about the last shot then move on......

Congrats on the new home man an awesome feeling for sure.

Lol benedryl for the ride down.

Along similar lines, I plan on bringing NyQuil or something for the Thurs->Friday night sleep. I think I'll need it. Going to be like a little kid on Christmas.

Sadly, I'm coming to realize that the journey is about over and the event itself is upon us. I wish we still had 3 months, instead of 3 weeks left. There is much that I wanted to accomplish with my game that didn't get done thanks to two surgeries and a neck injury, the latter of which is still being treated. Still, a lot did get done and in 3 more weeks, the game will be even stronger. I will probably have three more lessons with my instructor, maybe four, and these will be focused on reinforcing what we've already been working on. The rest will be just getting in reps, and getting myself healthy and ready for a challenging weekend. I am so looking forward to this. Team DotCom will be ready.

Sadly, I'm coming to realize that the journey is about over and the event itself is upon us. I wish we still had 3 months, instead of 3 weeks left. There is much that I wanted to accomplish with my game that didn't get done thanks to two surgeries and a neck injury, the latter of which is still being treated. Still, a lot did get done and in 3 more weeks, the game will be even stronger. I will probably have three more lessons with my instructor, maybe four, and these will be focused on reinforcing what we've already been working on. The rest will be just getting in reps, and getting myself healthy and ready for a challenging weekend. I am so looking forward to this. Team DotCom will be ready.

Things seem to have a way of not working exactly to plan, but I'm very impressed at your resiliency and ability to soldier through it all Ken. You did yourself and your team proud with your attitude through all that. No doubt in my mind that you'll be ready sir. Very much looking forward to sharing the first round with the inventor of the legendary spicy balls!

You'll be just fine, Ricky. Enjoy the new house!

You're going to be awesome, Sir. The fairway/green assassin will be taking names in MB.

#DoWorkDotCom

You're going to be awesome, Sir. The fairway/green assassin will be taking names in MB.

#DoWorkDotCom

I think the nickname needs some work. Needs to flow a little better. But yeah, Ken is the definition of consistent.

I think the nickname needs some work. Needs to flow a little better. But yeah, Ken is the definition of consistent.

FGA?

FG Killer?

Ken should really be The Sandman, because he just kills you to sleep with the constant fairways and greens.

FGA?

FG Killer?

Ken should really be The Sandman, because he just kills you to sleep with the constant fairways and greens.

"The Short Grass Assassin"?

Back