Driver Miss - What Is Yours?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
While I know this is the internet, and us golfers never miss, but let's just say it's an off day and you have a normal miss once or twice. What is your normal miss with the driver? I do not mean ball flight, but rather club face. High on the face, low on the face, toe side or heel side?

I tend to miss high on the face more than anything it seems. I have days it's all over though.

1) High on face. 2) high toe

Good question. Judging by the marks on my driver, my most punitive miss is high towards the toe.

I think.

Traditionally mine has been heel/toe, with more heel in there than toe.

In the last couple months though with as much work as I've been putting in, things have tightened up and my pattern is now up and down the face with the main miss being high, its a strange new world to be honest.

Either low center or toe...it's probably 50/50 this year on misses

My miss tends to be low on the heel. From an OTT move. I am working on that though!

Low on the face and off the toe are my typical driver misses.

Does hitting it heavy count?

Heel miss

Mine is a heel miss. Happens big time when I'm overswinging.

Mine seams to be more on the toe. I can slice and hook it as good as anyone from there though. Thankfully my BB driver helps me out a lot hitting it there.

I have 2 misses.

1) toe
2) heel

Low center and toe

Low and towards the heel, which is awful on most drivers. I'd rather miss out on the toe, the distance loss doesn't seem to be as bad with toe misses.

I miss high or low but mostly low center

Last edited:
low center

Toe and low is my usual miss

Low toe. Usually ends up being a short low fade.

Flipped wrists, dead hook.

I tend to miss high on the face, generally still in the center, but from time to time it is a little the toe side as well.

Toe is usually my miss

High toe is my main miss on the face which results in some distance loss but usually a draw back to the fairway.

Low on the face, and usually towards the toe. And when I hit one like that, it is the grossest feeling drive ever.

Low and on the heel.. Always leads to an ugly shot!

Back