Bobby Jones Black Hybrid by Jesse Ortiz Review

Good stuff!

Love seeing the numbers!
Great review Ryan.

Excellent review Ryan. I love the fact you can adjust the Lie angle on this opposed to the loft and remove the stigma of the hybrid being a hook problem.

I remember reading the live round threads where these were being played with for the first time, and have been waiting for the full review since. Great Job, Hawk!

I much prefer hybrids that slot in with irons - I have a VRS 3 hybrid, but it's almost a mini wood. And I'll take all the forgiveness I can.

Nice work Hawk. This thing, I wanna see it in person.

Fantastic review here Hawk and as a golfer that is a lover of hybrids you have me wanting to hit this in a bad way.

The long iron replacement and "lie angle" only adjustment really resonated with me.

Give me forgiveness in a sleek package that is built to perform and help me on the course. A 3h that goes 240 like a rocket does me no good when taking aim at a green.

I have much respect for Jesse Ortiz along with Bobby Jones with their approach as it's vastly different than what we are accustomed to from OEM's.

Fantastic review here Hawk and as a golfer that is a lover of hybrids you have me wanting to hit this in a bad way.

The long iron replacement and "lie angle" only adjustment really resonated with me.

Give me forgiveness in a sleek package that is built to perform and help me on the course. A 3h that goes 240 like a rocket does me no good when taking aim at a green.

I have much respect for Jesse Ortiz along with Bobby Jones with their approach as it's vastly different than what we are accustomed to from OEM's.

Thanks!

It's an interesting tradeoff. For comparison, my 588 5 hybrid (26° compared to 25° on the Black) averaged 10 yards more carry, and a lot more rollout, but the angle of descent was way flatter (588 produces a lot less spin). It's not always easy to accept that because we are so tuned in to getting the longest club in our hands, but when it comes to holding greens and gapping this one is light years ahead. I think if you're using higher lofts as iron replacements, a setup like the Black is probably far more beneficial than the extra 10 yards (plus roll). As you get down in the lower lofts that fuction a little differently, max distance becomes a little more important.

Well when you're a guy like me that carries 240 maximum on drives then your realistic amount of carry with a 3 hybrid is 200-205.

I'm one that doesn't play for distance or having a 230 yard hybrid so these could fit into my bag nicely like the J40's and Boccieri hybrids did.

Will also add that when already a short hitter, I have hybrids into greens while others have 7 irons....so this style of club fits in absolutely perfect.

Sounds like a good club, the whole line up sounds solid actually. I like the higher ball flight potential of this as I tend to,l hit hybrids into greens quite a bit because of duffed tee shots.

So, I want to hit the 30* and 35*

Why? Because they're effin' 30*/35* and I'm sure it would be a BLAST.

So, I want to hit the 30* and 35*

Why? Because they're effin' 30*/35* and I'm sure it would be a BLAST.

Those would be 6 & 7 hybrids correct?

I said before that I'd play a 9h if he made one lol.

Those would be 6 & 7 hybrids correct?

In my Apex they would actually be 7/8 hybrids, crazy right?

I need to hit them. At the PGA show these and the fairway were THE clubs that interested me the absolute most at the entire show.

In my Apex they would actually be 7/8 hybrids, crazy right?

I need to hit them. At the PGA show these and the fairway were THE clubs that interested me the absolute most at the entire show.

Thanks, crazy indeed. Not entirely crazy for guys like us though......#Altitudes.

Picked one of these up brand new today for 45 bucks. Eager to get it out on the course as I loved hitting it down at the bear trap

Now we'll see if you're a needle mover.

Please that's a given.
The real question is can the regular flex shaft handle my nearly 3/4 of the way to 100 mph swing speed

Man I secretly hope you hate it. Dibs.

This made me laugh out loud.

Looking forward to your thoughts on it Deano.

This made me laugh out loud.

Looking forward to your thoughts on it Deano.
Yeah wasn't really planning on late fall purchase but damn that's practically free.
And the taste I got in florida had me jonesing

Please that's a given.
The real question is can the regular flex shaft handle my nearly 3/4 of the way to 100 mph swing speed

I got on with the regular flex in the fairway just fine. Looking forward to your thoughts.

I got on with the regular flex in the fairway just fine. Looking forward to your thoughts.
Oh yeah I'm swinging so slow right now it will be just fine

Maiden voyage with this thing this coming weekend with THPERS. Might be the first time EVER Ive been excited to try out a hybrid

I think I'm almost excited for you to hate it so we can put it in my bag at the end of the day.

Now you got me scouring for one. Bay???

Maiden voyage with this thing this coming weekend with THPERS. Might be the first time EVER Ive been excited to try out a hybrid

I missed it, which one did you pick up?

Back