Favorite Cut Of Meat

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting discussion I just had about steaks so we will keep this to the beef side of things.

What is your favorite cut? Filet? Strip? Other?

Im a strip kinda guy myself.

NY Striploin guy here. I'm fortunate to get whatever I want whenever I want. my Father Inlaw is a butcher.

Hook me up with a filet mignon, aggghhhh, so delicious. But really, they're all good aren't they :D

NY Striploin guy here. I'm fortunate to get whatever I want whenever I want. my Father Inlaw is a butcher.

That is very cool. My dad use to work for a butcher/meat company and sell meat direct to restaurants and he always had a deep freezer in the garage full of meat. I am pretty sure my mom still misses that.

Interesting discussion I just had about steaks so we will keep this to the beef side of things.

What is your favorite cut? Filet? Strip? Other?

Depends. A filet is always great as I prefer leaner cuts but some places such as Texas Roadhouse do the sirloin strip so well that it is pretty tender and flavorful.
For others I know, the ribeye is the best. I like the flavor but a little too much fat to work through for me, which of course is why it tastes so good!

I have gotten into bone-in ribeye cuts recently, really enjoy them. Porterhouse is my fav, tho.

Rib-eye/Delmonico

Striploin or ribeye for me. Not a huge fan of T Bones. One of the guys on our annual golf trip was a butcher as a first job, so we just get a giant chunk of beef from CostCo and he cuts it down to size. Apply flame, and that's good eatin'.

best peice of meat ever, would be a moose's heart (must be eaten within a day of the kill), but as far as beef go, I enjoy a rib steak or a strip

Bone In Rib Eye or Prime Rib.... medium rare of course.

That is very cool. My dad use to work for a butcher/meat company and sell meat direct to restaurants and he always had a deep freezer in the garage full of meat. I am pretty sure my mom still misses that.
haha I have 2 deep freezers.

With 4 boys under 5 I'm truly blessed to have this deal. Otherwise I would need a $1000 budget a month for just meat. $500 would be for me.

Thanks now you got me googling steaks because I'm bored, and now I'm starving and my mouth is watering even though I just ate lunch :eat:

Porterhouse or T-Bone for me.

Some compound butter and sauteed mushrooms and I'm in heaven.

Give me a porterhouse any day

Strip, Im a lazy eater and dont want to have to deal with bone

Bone-in Rib Eye is my favorite cut of beef.

:confused2:

Porterhouse is my meat of choice

Prime Rib......or Ribeye for me! Any and all of them actually.....great, now I'm hungry for steak!

Strip, Im a lazy eater and dont want to have to deal with bone

Amen! The older I get, the more I want to enjoy my food and less I want to work at eating it.

Strip - seared or grilled with a liberal sprinkling of kosher salt.

A close second place probably would go to flank.

I'm feeling a Striploin, Ribeye Putter Cover in the making.

Back