What's for Dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
veggie/noodle stir fry with shrimp

Lentil soup, French bread, salad.

The crockpot's getting a workout this week.

That looks really good due! I think I am going to go the same route this evening but with the lower class version, burgers on the grill. To make them filet like I think I’ll top them off with a little bacon! :D Add in some green beans, fruit and a salad and call it a meal.

Bacon works wonders, hehe. The picture takes away the depth perception, these were like 3" thick and I have the old round Weber bbq grill. Burn each end and hope, lol, just don't open. I checked the first time, thinking too long, and only 40*. By the second check they were 60* degrees, too done. They ate well though, thanks to the side item's. Temp prob works well, but timing was off. :banghead:

A chicken chimichanga from On the Border.

Bacon works wonders, hehe. The picture takes away the depth perception, these were like 3" thick and I have the old round Weber bbq grill. Burn each end and hope, lol, just don't open. I checked the first time, thinking too long, and only 40*. By the second check they were 60* degrees, too done. They ate well though, thanks to the side item's. Temp prob works well, but timing was off. :banghead:

Due, I don't know if this is your situation but I have always found if I take off a few months from grilling in the winter it takes me a while to get my timing back. It sure is nice to have what I would term "grilling" weather back though. :banana:

We had cornbeef with vegetables :) :hungry:

Due, I don't know if this is your situation but I have always found if I take off a few months from grilling in the winter it takes me a while to get my timing back. It sure is nice to have what I would term "grilling" weather back though. :banana:

That's exactly right. I can generally BBQ all winter, but usually fish I caught during the summer or pheasant and quail from the fall hunts. Once I get back to the steaks I can't remember how long to cook them.

Like you said, it's just nice getting back out there. Cold beer and sunshine in the back yard :clapp:

Tonight I am making chicken marsala.

Please tell me you bought real wine and not that awful cooking wine they sell in grocery stores that is about 90% salt.

I agree Diane, my motto is if you won’t drink it you don’t cook with it.

Chili, (northern) cornbread, and some green thing yet to be determined.

Please tell me you bought real wine and not that awful cooking wine they sell in grocery stores that is about 90% salt.

I agree Diane, my motto is if you won’t drink it you don’t cook with it.

I bought real wine, I wouldn't use the stuff in the grocery store. We went to Whole Foods over the weekend and picked up some really great ingredients for dinners for the week. We also stopped at another smaller gourmet market called Mortons so we are set for the week.

leftover meatballs and corn

Bison tacos if I get home early enough.

i was thinking of pan frying some chicken and then baking it in buttermilk. like grandma used to make.

and smelling up the house in the process. and putting on 5 pounds in a day.

But it will be an enjoyable 5 lbs.:D

chicken alfredo... thank god for shake n bake

Leftover beef stew.

I don’t know, it’s going to be a game time decision when I get to the grocery store.

Cream Taco's tonight. Love'em

Gyro style lamb with tzatziki sauce.

homemade chicken tenders baked potato and corn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back