Bridgestone J40 Wedges

You Bridgestone staffers are getting imo the class of the wedge field. I love mine a ton.

Forgot to add that I went with Black Oxide finish. I love the looks of it and I'm hoping it will help with the glare.

I play the J40 DPC irons and was wondering if the wedges have similar sole benefits. I like the leading edge relief and the camber of the sole in general. Can anyone say if the wedges are similar? I currently play Scratch wedges, but looking at a set of J40 to match my irons. Just no one in my area stocks Bridgestone equipment to see them in person. If someone has both and they could post a couple pictures of say the PW and an AW or SW side by side that would be super helpful.

I play the J40 DPC irons and was wondering if the wedges have similar sole benefits. I like the leading edge relief and the camber of the sole in general. Can anyone say if the wedges are similar? I currently play Scratch wedges, but looking at a set of J40 to match my irons. Just no one in my area stocks Bridgestone equipment to see them in person. If someone has both and they could post a couple pictures of say the PW and an AW or SW side by side that would be super helpful.
These do not have leading edge ground

These do not have leading edge ground

Thank you. I think that will somewhat make my decision to go a different route. The sole of the Bstone irons has really worked very well with my swing type. Now just trying to match up a set of wedges that will work as well.

Thank you. I think that will somewhat make my decision to go a different route. The sole of the Bstone irons has really worked very well with my swing type. Now just trying to match up a set of wedges that will work as well.
The wedges are awesome. But I found the leading edge to be pretty sharp

I'll get you some pics tonight of a 54* and a 6iron to show you. I think the sole of the J40 wedges has given me incredible turf interaction with the variable bounce.

I'll get you some pics tonight of a 54* and a 6iron to show you. I think the sole of the J40 wedges has given me incredible turf interaction with the variable bounce.

That would be great. The pictures I have seen of the wedges looks like it has a nice camber to the sole, but I was unsure of the leading edge. I am planning to have a local chrome shop strip my irons and bead blast them to a raw, satin finish. I suppose I could do the same to the wedges and then add a little leading edge grind myself. I have a backup set of blank wedges currently that I am experimenting with grinds at home.

During the summer with the fairways nice and hard I don't think there is a better leading edge and sole combo in all of golf than the J40s. During the winter and spring I could use a bit more bounce.

That would be great. The pictures I have seen of the wedges looks like it has a nice camber to the sole, but I was unsure of the leading edge. I am planning to have a local chrome shop strip my irons and bead blast them to a raw, satin finish. I suppose I could do the same to the wedges and then add a little leading edge grind myself. I have a backup set of blank wedges currently that I am experimenting with grinds at home.
Here's some pics of the 5i and 54*.

uploadfromtaptalk1405430396350.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1405430407616.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1405430427026.jpg

u6ane3am.jpg

Wanted to give a little bump to this thread. I absolutely loved how the J40 wedges performed for me right off the bat. I had absolutely no glare issues with the Black Oxide (they are already starting to rust and look sick). Going with the same shaft as my irons was the way to go--I had no issues with distance control and flighting the ball down when needed. I still need some more time with them around the green but these are staying in the bag.

The only wedge I didn't have in the bag prior to the MC was the 52* bent to 50*, and I have to say I love that club around 90-100 yards. On the range I was nailing the 100 yd stake all day. During competition, I was making smooth swings and it was money at about 90 yds. It will be in the bag for the long haul. Also, love the black oxide finish. I've got KBS Tours soft stepped 1 club in them to match my irons.

I've gamed J40s for 3 years my new set is better. Maybe the newness is helping but these bad boys just flat out work.

I put on a display at the range one evening. I bet I hit 50 wedge shots and nailed the green every single time.

Bias aside, they are the most effective and versatile wedges I've ever gamed. They've been in the bag for quite some time, and while my shafts changed a bit thanks the the Morgan Cup, the setup will not depart for a long time. Love them.

Bridgestone J40 Wedges

They're just fantastic wedges for sure. And you two with them makes them even more freaking lethal.

They're just fantastic wedges for sure. And you two with them makes them even more freaking lethal.

The wedge shot of the weekend (for me - I saw some crazy shots!) was on #7 at True Blue during the first round of competition. My ball missed left and didn't make it up the hill, leaving the ball in a tough shot with very little room to work with. I managed to flop the ball high enough to land soft, rolling out to a conceded foot while on camera.

I love the idea of thinking about hitting a shot, and then being able to do it. The J40's let me do the work and rarely get in the way.

I saw that shot and while it cut me :act-up: it was impressive. The 56 allowed me to hit some of the best sand shots of my like. I even got some compliments from my playing partners on Sunday.

Love these wedges.

JM

My next trip to Ohio I will be trying these out. Way to much good press not to give them a run.

These sound like they are worth a look! Might try to find a 52 (bent to 50), 54,58

I think they would go nicely with my DPC's!

These wedges flat out performed for me this past weekend. At a time where i did not have any ball striking whatsoever, these babies helped me stay in my match with good chipping, and great distance control on my partial shots

The wedge shot of the weekend (for me - I saw some crazy shots!) was on #7 at True Blue during the first round of competition. My ball missed left and didn't make it up the hill, leaving the ball in a tough shot with very little room to work with. I managed to flop the ball high enough to land soft, rolling out to a conceded foot while on camera.

I love the idea of thinking about hitting a shot, and then being able to do it. The J40's let me do the work and rarely get in the way.

I had a shot on 12 (TB) from 87 yards in singles. It was off that slight downhill lie and hit a little mid flight trap draw that hit and spun to a stop 2 feet from cup. It's great to draw up the shot and know you have the tools to pull it off.

I owe my dedication to the J40s to my friend and brother JB. He brought these out the first time we played. I never looked back.

I owe my dedication to the J40s to my friend and brother JB. He brought these out the first time we played. I never looked back.

With what you do with them, I'm not sure you should ever look anywhere else...

Until the new ones release maybe hahahaha

With what you do with them, I'm not sure you should ever look anywhere else...

Until the new ones release maybe hahahaha

Trust me, that has crossed the ole panda dome

I sometimes ponder moving to a more forgiving set of irons but - with the possible exception of bagging the J15(?) line - the J40 wedges are going to be around for the long haul. They are just great.

Back