What is the most important thing for your swing?

Oregon Jack

Let's real 'er back in.
Reaction score
Handicap
8ish?
I figured it might be kind of interesting to hear what is the most important thing for everyone to do or think before or during each swing. It might help give other people ideas on things to change and improve on in their swing, and it might be kind of interesting to hear what helps everybody.

for me, it would have to be standing up tall and keeping my back straight.

what about you?

Tempo is hands down the most important thing for my swing, when I get fast my body moves and all kinds of bad things happen lol.

For me, it's tempo. In general, the grip.

Tempo..

to stay relaxed and keep the back swing short (or at least what i've realized in my head feels "short")

Tempo. If I get too fast during my transition, I get a high slice and won't see that ball again. I try to have a pause at the top. Whether it is a actual pause I don't know, but I feel it as a pause.

To get the hell out of my own way/head.

Tempo. Not overswinging.

I can do a lot of funky things with my swing, but if my tempo is good, I typically strike the ball well regardless.

It's tempo for me...........

JM

Remembering to start the downswing with my lower body, not my hands.

for me is getting my right side through the shot and staying out of my own head.

Relaxed swing, stay down, and finish. The three main problems I have in varying combinations is trying to smash it, raising up during the downswing and stopping before I get a complete finish (follow through).

I usually think...take-a-way, right heal, left hip.

For me it all begins with my takeaway. I made a pretty drastic change to it after taking lessons for the first time, and I still fight with myself standing over the ball with what I want to do; and what I need to do.

Mines finishing my back swing and making sure I get through the ball and don't hang back

Takeaway and staying connected

My setup. I've got the tempo down good now on my swing, but if I don't start with my body weight distributed properly at the start then the results are going to be bad, most often a slice or a pull.

I have a series of touch points in my setup to get me in the right place. It's very procedural but right now I need that. I know what the right feel is so my aim is to get to that before starting the backswing.

Making a full turn, it allows everything else to stay in sync as I make my swing. If I don't get a full turn, I will tend to block or hit a big fade.

Visualizing a good shot/ not replaying the last bad shot.

My posture at set up is key for me. Once I feel that I am properly set then I only have to focus on trying to finesse the shot not force it.

Creating width keeps my tempo in check.

Tempo. When I get quick bad things happen.

For me its temp and to stop thinking and just swing. When my brain gets in the way it's all over

Back