The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not even the money to me. Its so much more than that. So tired of being everyone's doormat. I help and I give and I give and its never returned. I dont EVER ask for anything and I certainly dont do things for no other reason than because its the right thing to do. My parents bend over backwards for my sister and I cant even get them to come over and see my freaking daughter and they live 20 minutes away. I am just so over everyone and everything. I need new friends but sadly I cant get a new family.

Completely understand kind of ties into my rant about how people dont care when it is someone else but when it is them everyone is supposed to drop everything.

Wish I lived closer and I would be over in a second.

I go out of my way to help everyone. I have helped all my friends move. I even helped my one friend renovate his damn house. I spent 4 weekends and some days during the week cleaning out my grandmothers house and packing my sisters house so she could move. We are moving Saturday and no one can help. My sister hasnt lifted a finger to help. My parents have done nothing. And all my friends have other stuff to do on Saturday. They have known the date for a month and everyone was all gung ho that they would help and now its going to be me, my 1 friend, and my father in law. I am so sick of being taken advantage of. I really wish I could be one of these people that just goes through life not giving a crap about anyone or helping anyone. My father comes over and tells me this morning he has to work Saturday because he needs the money. Keep in mind, he just got back from a 2 week vacation in Florida and took off multiple times to help my sister. Sometimes friends really are better than family.
That is brutal... If I was closer, I would be there to help.

Just tried to post a course review. I was 2001 characters over the limit. :at-wits-end:

Just tried to post a course review. I was 2001 characters over the limit. :at-wits-end:

Create two posts? Multiple browser tabs makes it pretty easy to do.

Good part, I'm working from home.
Bad part, it's beautiful outside. Making it hard to concentrate.

Ellie has a torn ligament in her knee. That most likely means surgery. Because the Morgan Cup is next week we have to wait until after that to get her a surgical consult. I feel so bad that we can't help her sooner.

I love THP events, but it's times like this where they are tough.

Ellie has a torn ligament in her knee. That most likely means surgery. Because the Morgan Cup is next week we have to wait until after that to get her a surgical consult. I feel so bad that we can't help her sooner.

Pain management options? Dixie tore her ACL way back when, and our vet prescribed a great liquid pain med that smelled like beef bullion. We would place in in a syringe and she would lap it up. Worth a look if you don't already have something. I can get you a name of the medicine if you need it.

Good luck and give her a nice little scratch on the belly. Sorry to hear of this GG.

JM

Poor little girl.

Its not even the money to me. Its so much more than that. So tired of being everyone's doormat. I help and I give and I give and its never returned. I dont EVER ask for anything and I certainly dont do things for no other reason than because its the right thing to do. My parents bend over backwards for my sister and I cant even get them to come over and see my freaking daughter and they live 20 minutes away. I am just so over everyone and everything. I need new friends but sadly I cant get a new family.

Sorry bro. Been there.

Pain management options? Dixie tore her ACL way back when, and our vet prescribed a great liquid pain med that smelled like beef bullion. We would place in in a syringe and she would lap it up. Worth a look if you don't already have something. I can get you a name of the medicine if you need it.

Good luck and give her a nice little scratch on the belly. Sorry to hear of this GG.

JM

He gave me some pain medication to give her until we can see the surgeon.

Dev,

Just saw your post man. Sorry to hear this.....really I am. I have another friend who is in the exact same situation. Hang in there bro.

JM

I go out of my way to help everyone. I have helped all my friends move. I even helped my one friend renovate his damn house. I spent 4 weekends and some days during the week cleaning out my grandmothers house and packing my sisters house so she could move. We are moving Saturday and no one can help. My sister hasnt lifted a finger to help. My parents have done nothing. And all my friends have other stuff to do on Saturday. They have known the date for a month and everyone was all gung ho that they would help and now its going to be me, my 1 friend, and my father in law. I am so sick of being taken advantage of. I really wish I could be one of these people that just goes through life not giving a crap about anyone or helping anyone. My father comes over and tells me this morning he has to work Saturday because he needs the money. Keep in mind, he just got back from a 2 week vacation in Florida and took off multiple times to help my sister. Sometimes friends really are better than family.
So sorry to hear this Dev, as you are an incredibly nice and generous person with your time and talents. I've been through this with my brother as well, drop everything to help him but when I need help he is nowhere to be found. Family can suck sometimes. If you were closer I'd help out, but all I can do is send an internet bro hug your way and hope things go well with the move.

With Melissa and I not leaving till Thursday morning (pre dawn) you could always hitch a ride with us if you could get an appt that Tuesday or Wednesday of the event?

Valid rant.

Try being a mechanic for a day. Other than my the close friends I never hear from 90% ox the people I know unless they need something. You can always tell when the conversation starts out.. "Hey Buddy......"

Valid rant.

Try being a mechanic for a day. Other than my the close friends I never hear from 90% ox the people I know unless they need something. You can always tell when the conversation starts out.. "Hey Buddy......"

Same as computer work. I used to always get called up by people wanting help.... including my parents. Now that I don't do that as my job, they still expect me to fix their stuff. "So, I was wondering if you could take a look at my computer...."

The thing that clinched me not ever wanting to helping out ever again: My birthday this year I went to my parent's house for supper, where I then spent the entire visit working on their gd computer.

Valid rant.

Same with being in IT. Just comes up when they have computer issues. Frustrating.

Sorry to hear that Dev. I have been through that many times as well If I were anywhere near there I would be over to help in a heartbeat.

Landlord just called me yelling at me that there is a car on the lawn on the side and the lawn needs to be mowed. A) Its the losers upstairs car and B) I am moving out Saturday, stick your lawn where the sun dont shine. Let those dirtbags do something for a change.

Landlord just called me yelling at me that there is a car on the lawn on the side and the lawn needs to be mowed. A) Its the losers upstairs car and B) I am moving out Saturday, stick your lawn where the sun dont shine. Let those dirtbags do something for a change.

When it rains, it pours, doesn't it?

Fingers crossed for you, that the move goes smoothly and you guys are thrilled in your new place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When it rains, it pours, doesn't it?

Fingers crossed for you, that the move goes smoothly and you guys are thrilled in your new place.

A grown man calling me at work literally SCREAMING at me as I laughed on the other end of the phone and just kept repeating "Why are you yelling?" Haha

Some people man... sheesh.

Same as computer work. I used to always get called up by people wanting help.... including my parents. Now that I don't do that as my job, they still expect me to fix their stuff. "So, I was wondering if you could take a look at my computer...."

The thing that clinched me not ever wanting to helping out ever again: My birthday this year I went to my parent's house for supper, where I then spent the entire visit working on their gd computer.

Same with being in IT. Just comes up when they have computer issues. Frustrating.

Sorry to hear that Dev. I have been through that many times as well If I were anywhere near there I would be over to help in a heartbeat.

I had the same until I gave them my awesome two steps method

1- trash it
2- buy a new one

You don't even have to be in IT. Just knowing your way around a computer among my circle of friends is enough to put me on the hook more than I care to admit. At least one guy that utilizes me hooks me up with several different forms of payment. The others? Well........

Hey JRod....Hey buddy, I got this Mazda......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back